You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Not as nice as some ofther things, but I got a rather interesting find:

It's a re-issue of Airfix Dinosaurs as a box set, but different from the more well known ones. There is no copyright year on it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: UK on November 15, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
Glad they got to you safely. I'm glad they went to a dedicated collector. If you see anything else you like I'm selling on eBay send me a pm on here and we can work outside of eBay and save their and PayPal fees.

Steve
Yes, I'll do (now I know your Ebay account).
Thanks
^-^

Jose S.M.

I got this small group today:

I really like them all very much, Regaliceratops is very bulky so I can just imagine how imposing the new safari Trike looks, since it's bigger than this one. I think this Regaliceratops is my favorite ceratopsian figure yet, we'll see if the Trike makes me change my mind. The others are wonderfull as well.

They sent various gifts to me too, two folders, their catalog and a flyer with the 2017 releases, a bag and a small sack with some good luck minis, but I couldn't find the big cat and deer and the tree trunk in the catalog.

PhilSauria

Both of the new Safari Ceratopsians are top of my 'to order' list when they become available here, and seeing you pic of the Ragali only solidifies that position. Thanks for posting.

Faelrin

Thanks for that pic. Seeing the Inostrancevia among them is really helpful for me since I have that figure. Seems like the Anzu is around the size of the Deinocheirus model, but a little shorter in length, and the Regaliceratops seems to be around the size of the older Triceratops model. The Ankylosaurus looks to be just a bit longer then the Inostrancevia. This wait to get them is killing me. Also all those bees they gave you, lol.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Libraraptor

Quote from: UK on November 15, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on November 15, 2017, 03:02:42 PM
A real lucky find on the web...

Unboxing pictures:

..and the treasure inside the package:

I already had Arizonasaurus and Mastodonsaurus.
BUT  Bullyland Ankylosaurus and the blue version of the Bullyland Batrachotomus are precious.  ^-^
(Also the green version of the Dimetrodon isn't that bad  ;) )

I'll send my second Mastodonsaurus and Arizonasaurus to Martin Garratt for a repaint/customization.  8)

:)

Glad they got to you safely. I'm glad they went to a dedicated collector. If you see anything else you like I'm selling on eBay send me a pm on here and we can work outside of eBay and save their and PayPal fees.

Steve

Congrats on those!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: sauroid on November 15, 2017, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 15, 2017, 12:11:57 PM
Thanks!

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 15, 2017, 05:15:13 AM
So, how did you come by this one the?, if you don't mind me asking?

There was a woman selling a lot of random dinosaurs on one of my Facebook groups and I was one of the lucky ones to see the post first. $40 for the lot of three I picked (including the carcharodontosarus and parasaurolophus) to the door.
congrats on that awesome haul Pachyrhinosaurus. what is the name of that fb group btw?

Thank you; the name of the group is Plastic Paleontology. There aren't too many sale posts like this one, though.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Paleodude

Managed to pick up a Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus with tag and V1 Carnegie Carnotaurus for cheap on eBay. Any suggestions on how to preserve the tag best? Was gonna put it in a hard plastic card sleeve used normally for trading cards.

Bokisaurus

The beautiful new safari figures has landed :))
[
[
Sumatran rhino included since it looks prehistoric and is the closest living relative on the wholly rhino ;D
You can view comparison photos in the right thread

Also, the this one, i found it on clearance ;D, the only time I would buy a Schelich figures this days ;D
[]

Halichoeres

Quote from: Paleodude on November 16, 2017, 02:20:06 PM
Managed to pick up a Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus with tag and V1 Carnegie Carnotaurus for cheap on eBay. Any suggestions on how to preserve the tag best? Was gonna put it in a hard plastic card sleeve used normally for trading cards.

All my tags are just in a few envelopes in a drawer. I'm sure a card sleeve would work well; I use something similar for the little illustrated inserts that came with my Yowie figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

paintingdinos

This is a couple of weeks old, but I've only recently had time to build it. Deinonychus by forum member nwfonseca :) I'm super exited about this model, and hope someday Nick is able to do more casts of his other excellent sculptures.

I'd love to pick up Dan's Deinonychus kit to act as a partner to this one. Gotta rebuild funds, and actually work through some of my backlog first.

Jose S.M.

That looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.

sauroid

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 16, 2017, 09:05:39 PM

All my tags are just in a few envelopes in a drawer. I'm sure a card sleeve would work well; I use something similar for the little illustrated inserts that came with my Yowie figures.
same here. either in envelopes or a plastic box for paper collectible stuff related to figures. you dont have to preserve these tags in pristine condition because in the first place they arent mint anymore because they have been exposed to handling before you acquired them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

....Any suggestions on how to preserve the tag best? Was gonna put it in a hard plastic card sleeve used normally for trading cards.

I maintain a couple of lever arch files.  Anything paper or card relating to my models goes into plastic sleeves in alphabetical order, separated by dividers to let me find things easily.  This keeps old tags neat and gives me somewhere to keep things like the artwork that comes with e.g. PNSO models or things like the fact sheets that Everything Dinosaur supplies with orders.

PhilSauria

Talk about organized - good idea. I think the tags left on looks messy on display but I can't brink myself to throw these things out so at the moment they are all jumbled together in a couple of plastic boxes - if I can find the time your system sounds like the way to go.

Roselaar

Finally some new stuff, antique and brand spanking novelty:

bmathison1972

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 20, 2017, 09:23:34 PM
Talk about organized - good idea. I think the tags left on looks messy on display but I can't brink myself to throw these things out so at the moment they are all jumbled together in a couple of plastic boxes - if I can find the time your system sounds like the way to go.

Mine are in small plastic boxes too, but at least each box represents a taxonomic unit at some level :)

IrritatorRaji

Got myself a nice small haul for my birthday :))

• Jurassic Park 3 Animatronic Spinosaurus
  • PNSO Age of Dinosaurs Baby Amargasaurus
  • CollectA Ampelosaurus
  • CollectA Swimming Spinosaurus
  • Wild Safari Ceolophysis
  • Natural History Museum Megalosaurus

Dinomike

Happy bday!  That's an impressive haul!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Jose S.M.

Happy birthday! Great figures, I'm very fond of Collecta Ampelosaurus, it was the first sauropod I got for my collection.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: