You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 16, 2018, 10:26:44 PM
Well, here is my newest haul:

Thank you for this picture,  without you I would not have found these articles. I bought both magazines dir myself Today.

Jetdin

I just got this massive beast, the playskool ultrasaurus, from the mail.
Was wondering wether i should pull the trigger or not but i did and i do not regret it!

Shonisaurus

That ultrasaurus must cost a lot of money is immense. Leave the giganotosaurus of Safari small.

Roselaar

Lovely Ultrasaurus! I cannot imagine that was a cheap purchase, but it looks totally worth it. :)

DragonRider02

Got some new dinos

Jetdin

Quote from: Roselaar on April 21, 2018, 02:04:54 PM
Lovely Ultrasaurus! I cannot imagine that was a cheap purchase, but it looks totally worth it. :)

Got it for about $49, without shipping. Price was okay in my opinion as i have seen it go for more. Just that it does not pop up in ebay too often.

@Shonisaurus, yes makes even the giga of safari look small haha

Syndicate Bias

Umm im not sure how to put a picure here so ill just say that i bid on a lot on Ebay that contained a brown papo raptor. Needless to say i won since it seems no one else saw it was there. Not sure if 25 dollars for it was a good price but beats the 100+ dollar ones

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 21, 2018, 04:10:21 PM
Umm im not sure how to put a picure here so ill just say that i bid on a lot on Ebay that contained a brown papo raptor. Needless to say i won since it seems no one else saw it was there. Not sure if 25 dollars for it was a good price but beats the 100+ dollar ones

Ooh, very nice! I'm never lucky with auctions, even ones with obscure figures :c

And, the image thing:

[img]Image Url Here. Right click image, 'Copy Image URL / Address [/img]

Faelrin

I got this wonderful girl today:

There's lots more pictures of it posted in the Mattel JW thread, in case anyone is curious.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

mgaguilar

Building my Raptor pack. It's interesting to see the quality control difference between the different lines.

PhilSauria

Getting quite envious seeing all these postings of the JW merch that people are adding to their collections - come on Australian retailers; get your act together!!

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 22, 2018, 11:54:16 PM
Getting quite envious seeing all these postings of the JW merch that people are adding to their collections - come on Australian retailers; get your act together!!

This store seems to be based in Australia, maybe give it a try? Oddly enough though, they've got their Fallen Kingdom stuff labelled as "randomly assorted"
https://www.mrtoys.com.au/jurassic-world-819

PhilSauria

Thanks for the link, prices seem a bit higher than I've seen elsewhere and not much of a selection. I was thinking more a walk in and pick off the shelf type situation. Been a week or so since I last did the rounds of the stores in the mall near us so maybe I'll get lucky on a return visit this weekend. In my experience locally you have to be there on the right day as they do not get in much stock and are a bit slack in re-stocking, so it's a matter of grab it when you see it or it may be gone the next day.

Kaprosaurus

Got some JWFK stuff in TRU today. Got a Gallimimus and a Dimorphodon. Dunno how to post pictures though :P

Lanthanotus

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 22, 2018, 11:14:22 PM

Now, this puts "clow feet" to a new level. Thanks for sharing, .. while not my cup of tea I always enjoy to have a look onto new figures.

Jose S.M.

The huge feet I read they have something to do with that jumping action, but they are way too big. Battle damage Blue has better looking feet.

CityRaptor

Also those JW:FK toys. Still not out in Germany, it seems. Sigh...

Quote from: Mini Minmi on April 16, 2018, 11:09:22 PM
Sweet loot! That book looks beautiful. Congrats!
Thanks.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 17, 2018, 04:45:42 PM
The carnotaurus looks terrifying like the one in the Disney movie. That Papo Knockoff, with that painting looks pretty.

It looks far better.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 19, 2018, 03:12:51 PM
Regarding the theme of tyrannosaurus rex the star figure of the dinosaurs both toy and collection (resin) I wonder how many versions of that figure have been made in the form of a toy or figure throughout history. I think it would be impossible to calculate how many rex tyrannosaurs have occurred.

Tyrannosaurus is the most famous figure among all prehistoric animals by far.

Likely. Of course all the T.rex figures would probably look insignificant compared to the figures some modern animals recieve. Especially humans and horses.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 19, 2018, 11:21:45 PM
From what I've seen in a Jurassic World video "The Fallen Kingdom" in that movie is included among other dinosaurs the stygimoloch. I am not a follower of the figures of J P toy, so I do not know if it is included in this year's dinosaurs in toy version articulated by this franchise.

Stygimoloch is getting several figures by Mattel in the normal lines, some exclusives, Imaginext, plush toys, Lego, a Funko etc. Seems like one of them might play a bigger role.

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 20, 2018, 08:53:27 PM
Thank you for this picture,  without you I would not have found these articles. I bought both magazines dir myself Today.

You are welcome.

Well, here is my newest haul.

Was looking for some JWFK toys, when I found a Schleich Dinosaurs Blindbag. It was sold for 5 Euros instead of 10 and contains 2 figures. Since I wanted the Carnotaurus and the Rainbow Rex is also not a too shabby figure, especially compared to the bigger ones, I dared to buy it. As you can see, I got the Giganotosaurus and Raptor instead. Ironically the two figures sold in 2-packs with those I wanted. The Giga kinda reminds me of the Dino Crisis 2 one, and the Raptor look like some B-Movie monster, giving it a certain narmy charme. Not sure if I will ultimately keep them, but they are mine, for now at least.  Furthermore the fact that it would have been possible to get some figures retired in 2014 makes me wonder just how much stock of them Schleich has left.
Also got a magnet with a motive clearly ripped of from a TLW:JP poster. Has a nice 3D effect.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Syndicate Bias

Speaking of giganotosaurus i just got my shane foulkes resin kit today! Also im.surprised someone else here knows about dino crisis 2. I repainted my safari giganotosaurus to the dino crisis 2 one

Jetdin

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 24, 2018, 07:02:42 PM
Speaking of giganotosaurus i just got my shane foulkes resin kit today! Also im.surprised someone else here knows about dino crisis 2. I repainted my safari giganotosaurus to the dino crisis 2 one

Would really love to see photos of them! :-)

Nimravus

This is the latest haul I received yesterday.

These beasts are huge! I expected them to be smaller! :o The Hyaenodon has surprised me gladly, in fact I bought them because of the Entelodon!

I am excited to see what the postman brings me this week and the following... :-X

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: