You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 12, 2018, 07:20:42 PM
I know they're not too popular here, but just getting back into my collection, and celebrating my birthday, I had to splurge a

Oh and I forgot to say happy birthday before so... Happy birthday! I'm almost 30 and still love birthdays  :)), it's a family thing I guess, we are all like that.

Faelrin

@mgaguilar Happy birthday. What an awesome collection of T. rex figures you got going on there. Pretty cool to see how close most of them are in size as well (except the JP one that towers over the others).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

mgaguilar

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and birthday wishes!  ;D ;D ;D

@Noiselessx It's pretty fun to actually compare and contrast so many styles in a given species. I can't wait for the Kaiyodo Sofubi rendition to come out soon, as well as an actually decent Schleich!

@Shonisaur Been eyeing those Collecta Carcass figures lately, might even do the Rebor Tenontosaurus. Let the ceremonies begin!

@MiniMinmi Thank you! Good to hear! Glad there are others still excited for the Tyrant King.  :))

@PhilSauria Thank you. And agreed! I've been generally keeping to the 1:35 - 1:40 range, but I do have to make some exceptions.

Uncle Rex

It's impossible to have too many T. Rex's. Great collection.

Halichoeres

Happy birthday! I think T rex is plenty popular :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Tyrannosaurus rex is the star or main animal in any collection of prehistoric animals. It is not surprising that it is the figure that is repeated over and over again and the one that is bought the most by collectors of prehistoric animal figures, such as resin, vinyl and PVC, as well as by children.

He is the king of kings of the prehistoric world.

Archosauria

My 2nd shipment of Carnegies from Dejankins arrived today.

I got the 10th anniversary Tyrannosaurus, the original green T. Rex (the rescuplt), the Woolly mammoth, the Maiasaura with nest, the Apatosaurus and baby, the brown Velociraptor repaint, the original Spinosaurus and the Triceratops.

Beautiful models! Worth every penny! My favorites are the Apatosaurus adult (it's huge!) and the 10th anniversary tyrannosaurus.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163868565@N07/40540858135/in/album-72157692348876912/
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

MoarCrossovers

So... here's an embarrassing story.

I ordered a CollectA Neovenator off eBay earlier in the week. When it arrived today, I thought, "Huh, package seems a bit small." Turns out I'd not looked at the listing properly and ordered the regular Neovenator by mistake instead of the Deluxe version. Whoops!

Dinomike

Got this guy yesterday! I'm really happy about it. Mr. Davil Silva has done a great job with his Beasts of The Mesozoic Raptor series. The poseability is superior.

20180413_231716 by Mikko Sinervo, on Flickr
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

The figures of Beasts of The Mesozoic Raptor are of an outstanding quality. They are recreations of very successful raptors.  :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on April 13, 2018, 09:22:03 PM
So... here's an embarrassing story.

I ordered a CollectA Neovenator off eBay earlier in the week. When it arrived today, I thought, "Huh, package seems a bit small." Turns out I'd not looked at the listing properly and ordered the regular Neovenator by mistake instead of the Deluxe version. Whoops!

Oh, bummer! The regular version is so homely by comparison.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archosauria

I got a few new models today; the Carnegie Diplodocus, the Safari Yutyrannus and Ceratosaurus, and Safari's newly released Anzu. Now, I don't typically buy newly released models as they often arrive with sloppy paint applications, but I couldn't resist buying the Anzu. It's a lovely model, and the paint application was great too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163868565@N07/41460955201/in/dateposted-public/
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Mini Minmi

I got a bunch of newcomers this week. Part of it from a big order at Everything Dinosaur and the rest (Papos and Safari toob because they're the only brands available locally). Nothing rare or particularly exciting but I'm happy to have them join my Zoo and I wanted to share the joy. 😀

Shonisaurus

Mini Minmi then you have spent a considerable amount of money only the Schleich dunkleosteus, the Collecta diplodocus and carcharodontosaurus, feathered Tyrannosaurus Safari and Papo baryonyx cost a small fortune.

Joey

Dang! Nice acquisitions everyone!
And I just realized that I, still haven't shared what figures I got for Christmas... ::) :P

Mini Minmi

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 15, 2018, 07:42:23 AM
Mini Minmi  then you have spent a considerable amount of money only the Schleich dunkleosteus, the Collecta diplodocus and carcharodontosaurus, feathered Tyrannosaurus Safari and Papo baryonyx cost a small fortune.

Yes, I am officially forbidden to buy any more dinos for a while. Hehehe. I pretty much got everything I wanted for now anyway.  ^-^

CityRaptor

Well, here is my newest haul:

Believe it or not, the Terra Stegosaurus only costed me only slightly more than 3 Euros on German Amazon! It's an Amazon Plus Product and I needed to order something from there anyways...
The book is from the same Amazon haul.
The National Geographic ( not from Amazon ) has an article about Borealopelta, while the Hörzu Wissen has one on Pterosaurs. Found the latter while looking for the former at newsstands.

And I got a fossil:

Would have put it in the first picture, but that was already taken and was to lazy to redo it. ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Mini Minmi

Sweet loot! That book looks beautiful. Congrats!

IrritatorRaji

Just got these repaints off of Etsy. Repainted Schleich Mini Quetzalcoatlus (painted to look like the JP toy)

And knockoff Papo Carnotaurus (painted to look like the Kenner Demon Carnotaurus)

Shonisaurus

The carnotaurus looks terrifying like the one in the Disney movie. That Papo Knockoff, with that painting looks pretty.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: