News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Palaeoplushies

Started by DinoToyForum, January 02, 2014, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palaeoplushies

Quote from: Concavenator on January 20, 2014, 01:49:22 PM
There are also a lovely Sinosauropteryx and a Sordes:
http://pixelmecha.deviantart.com/art/Sinosauropteryx-Soft-toy-167128089
http://pixelmecha.deviantart.com/art/Pterosaur-Sordes-plush-214333450

I'm glad you like these! They're a little old now, I feel like I could do much better.

Printed fabric plushies I currently plan on making, so you can expect to see in my shop at some point (hopefully!) are:

• Megacerops (Designed and ready to be printed with the next fabric order)
  • Rhamphorynchus (Designing now!)
  • Sauropod (not decided which)
  • Morganucodon
  • Stenopterygius/Ichthyosaurs - dark pigment
  • Obscure ceratopsian
  • Microraptor
  • Tyrannosaur
  • Ankylosaur

Requests:
Miragaia
Brachiosaurus

I'm open to suggestions! What would folks like to see?

Jetoar

Quote from: Palaeoplushies on January 21, 2014, 10:43:11 PM

I'm glad you like these! They're a little old now, I feel like I could do much better.

Printed fabric plushies I currently plan on making, so you can expect to see in my shop at some point (hopefully!) are:

• Morganucodon
  • Obscure ceratopsian
  • Microraptor
  • Tyrannosaur
  • Ankylosaur

Requests:
Miragaia
Brachiosaurus

Postosuchus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

alexeratops

That kind of fuzz always feels really nice on my plush toys. So you were saying that's the kind of fuzz you cant put on your Velociraptor?
like a bantha!

alexeratops

Therizinosaurus!Good luck though, he will be kinda hard to make, I think.
like a bantha!

Takama

• Morganucodon
  • Obscure ceratopsian
  • Microraptor
  • Tyrannosaur
  • Ankylosaur

Requests:
Miragaia
Brachiosaurus

I am unable to purchase any of these due to restrictions on online shopping in my family. We are not allowed to give out Credit Card numbers anywhere online.

But I can give suggestions for everyone else to enjoy

For an Obscure Ceratopsian, you can make Einosaurus?

My Favorite Dinosaurs in Order, are Dilophosaurus Concavenator and Saichania

ZoPteryx

A life-sized Microraptor would be awesome!

As for requests, how about a life-size Confuciusornis?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on January 22, 2014, 03:00:02 AM

• Morganucodon
  • Obscure ceratopsian
  • Microraptor
  • Tyrannosaur
  • Ankylosaur

Requests:
Miragaia
Brachiosaurus

I am unable to purchase any of these due to restrictions on online shopping in my family. We are not allowed to give out Credit Card numbers anywhere online.

You might ask about ordering via money order. :)

I think an Archeopteryx would be great..if done in 1:1 maybe in  a perched position ?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2014, 05:47:44 AM

• Morganucodon
  • Obscure ceratopsian
  • Microraptor
  • Tyrannosaur
  • Ankylosaur

Requests:
Miragaia
Brachiosaurus

I think an Archeopteryx would be great..if done in 1:1 maybe in  a perched position ?

as in mail in?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on January 22, 2014, 06:18:10 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2014, 05:47:44 AM

• Morganucodon
  • Obscure ceratopsian
  • Microraptor
  • Tyrannosaur
  • Ankylosaur

Requests:
Miragaia
Brachiosaurus

as in mail in?

Sure.  I think many people still accept them..just ask to be sure.  Might need to be an International M.O. too.  Since Paypal..I haven't sent one of those in awhile.  lol

Concavenator

• Morganucodon
  • Obscure ceratopsian
  • Microraptor
  • Tyrannosaur
  • Ankylosaur

Requests:
Miragaia
Brachiosaurus

I would love some mesozoic birds or obscure troodontids like Sinocalliopteryx.

Palaeoplushies

So many suggestions! Taking note of them all! I really like the idea of a lifesize microraptor or archaeopteryx. My soft sculpts have wire inside, so they can be perchable!

I'm afraid I won't be accepting payments via anything other than paypal any time soon, I think opening up international payments through money order/cheques/things like that would be opening a whole can of worms I just don't understand, I'm really sorry!

Quote from: alexeratops on January 22, 2014, 01:57:40 AM
That kind of fuzz always feels really nice on my plush toys. So you were saying that's the kind of fuzz you cant put on your Velociraptor?

Not on the printed ones, no. They're made of cotton that I get printed by an external company with designs I paint digitally. I can make fuzzy velociraptors, of course, but they won't be as cheap as £20. It's not just a case of sticking fur on afterwards, each of the pieces has to be cut out separately and sewn inside-out to other pieces, with fur fabrics every time I want to change colour it requires another pattern piece...
This doesn't mean I won't be making some truely fuzzy dinosaurs, just not of the printed cotton variety!

SBell

Quote from: Palaeoplushies on January 24, 2014, 12:15:26 AM
So many suggestions! Taking note of them all! I really like the idea of a lifesize microraptor or archaeopteryx. My soft sculpts have wire inside, so they can be perchable!

I'm afraid I won't be accepting payments via anything other than paypal any time soon, I think opening up international payments through money order/cheques/things like that would be opening a whole can of worms I just don't understand, I'm really sorry!

Paypal is overall the easiest--it is a way to take credit cards without actually creating merchant accounts; and anyone with a bank account can create a paypal account and transfer funds. It is therefore more secure for everybody than money orders or cheques (and generally lower fees to the seller and especially buyer).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on January 24, 2014, 02:04:54 AM

Paypal is overall the easiest--it is a way to take credit cards without actually creating merchant accounts; and anyone with a bank account can create a paypal account and transfer funds. It is therefore more secure for everybody than money orders or cheques (and generally lower fees to the seller and especially buyer).
PayPal is a lifesaver. I don't know what I'd do without it :-[

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 24, 2014, 02:40:06 AM
Quote from: SBell on January 24, 2014, 02:04:54 AM

PayPal is a lifesaver. I don't know what I'd do without it :-[

M.O. aren't difficult. Most banks you have an account with will cash them. A postal money order can be cashed by any other post office.

Though I have to agree I've used Paypal since around 2001.  The only drawback is hardly any money that ends up in my account ever makes it to my hand.. lol

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I saw the pics of the Velociraptor on the FB page-it looks really good!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Raptoress

I myself would love to see more ceratopsians. As they're my absolute favourite dinosaurs. I was thinking a kosmoceratops but that'd probably be quite hard. So how about an einiosaurus?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Alice the Troodon on February 08, 2014, 09:37:59 AM
I myself would love to see more ceratopsians. As they're my absolute favourite dinosaurs. I was thinking a kosmoceratops but that'd probably be quite hard. So how about an einiosaurus?

Seconded, though a pachyrhinosaurus would probably be more simple in pattern than an eineosaurus.  ;) ;)

I'm enjoying seeing your progress on these pieces, I'll probably end up buying one myself sometime.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Libraraptor

Didn´t drop in here yet and regret it now. Nice plushies, something comletely different and yet so familiar. My son has got a Steiff Triceratops.

Newt

These are fantastic!  I've made a total of one plushy (you can see it here if you're interested); it took a lot of effort and looks like garbage compared to yours.  Your skill and design ability are mind-blowing to me!

SommoDracorex

An Entelodon, please! <3

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: