News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

My, these are absolutely gorgeous! At times like these I somewhat lament not living in the USA.

BTW, I may have missed it in this deluge of posts (though I'm just glad there is one!), but when were we to expect the first "classic Battat" re-releases?

Mr. LoRusso, thank you very much for all the great work you put into these, and for taking the time to talk to us about them. Much appreciated! Hopefully this line does well and we can expect more similarly wonderful dinosaur figures in the future. :)

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on August 14, 2014, 08:18:43 PM
My, these are absolutely gorgeous! At times like these I somewhat lament not living in the USA.

BTW, I may have missed it in this deluge of posts (though I'm just glad there is one!), but when were we to expect the first "classic Battat" re-releases?

Mr. LoRusso, thank you very much for all the great work you put into these, and for taking the time to talk to us about them. Much appreciated! Hopefully this line does well and we can expect more similarly wonderful dinosaur figures in the future. :)

Its not known yet, and Dan has not repainted them all yet.

Daspletodave

Congrats to Dan LoRusso and Battat for bringing us these new dinos. I'm a little less thrilled about them being "Target exclusives" (the Target here in Canada doesn't have them) but oh well.
I hope some of the other Dinosaur Studios creations will be added to this line, like Centrosaurus and Lambeosaurus.
Thank you Dan!!!

DinoLord

For those who are having trouble finding them: they will be in a big Terra display at the end of an aisle like was shown in a picture previously posted. It's pretty hard to miss. I think these are starting to come in quickly; a store that only had the therizinosaur in the backroom on Monday had the full display today ( I picked up the other 3).

Weaver

I went and I bought two. And just like DinoLord said, they are on the endcaps of aisles. I had to grab the Cryolophosaurus and the Nanshiungosaurus. Super cool and gosh, I can finally own Battat dinos without paying an arm or a leg. :D Yaaay!

OH! And I also saw the rest of the 'Terra' series... love the Hydra they came up with and the other animals are very nice.

(And hi everyone! I missed you all!)

Raptoress

Love the new sculpts. The Dacentrurus is my favourite, but loving them all. Especially excited that it's confirmed that all the original models are returning. Can finally get the Battat Diplodocus.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Raptoress on August 14, 2014, 10:18:37 PM
Love the new sculpts. The Dacentrurus is my favourite, but loving them all. Especially excited that it's confirmed that all the original models are returning. Can finally get the Battat Diplodocus.

Really?! Maybe i can get a Utahraptor that is not overpriced.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on August 14, 2014, 04:05:09 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 14, 2014, 03:32:48 PM
Gwangi any chance you shot these with something in the picture to give a proper idea of scale for us that are not so great at mentally figuring the size?

Sure, I can do that. Will post it shortly for you.

EDIT: Here ya go, with an object most of us are no doubt familiar with!

thanks for that Gwangi , much easier to wrap my head around....and now we know why they went extinct, they drank themselves into oblivion !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 14, 2014, 10:27:57 PM
thanks for that Gwangi , much easier to wrap my head around....and now we know why they went extinct, they drank themselves into oblivion !!!

I don't think we're that far behind!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gwangi on August 14, 2014, 10:32:35 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 14, 2014, 10:27:57 PM

I don't think we're that far behind!

;D ;D Ha, ha ... so true!

Raptoress

Quote from: predino on August 14, 2014, 10:24:22 PM
Quote from: Raptoress on August 14, 2014, 10:18:37 PM

Really?! Maybe i can get a Utahraptor that is not overpriced.

Yep! But they're all returning with different paint schemes. Apparently they look more naturalistic.

DinoLord

Sad to report that the Utahraptor doesn't fit nicely on the backs of any of the new herbivores like it did on some of the original figures.  :-\

Hynerpeton

Quote from: DinoLord on August 14, 2014, 10:41:25 PM
Sad to report that the Utahraptor doesn't fit nicely on the backs of any of the new herbivores like it did on some of the original figures.  :-\

So i cant get a utahraptor :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

no reason you can't just it won't balance so well on the backs like it does on the older series herbivores

SBell

Quote from: predino on August 14, 2014, 10:48:11 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on August 14, 2014, 10:41:25 PM

So i cant get a utahraptor :(

Who said that? All that's being said is that the new herbivore figures are shaped in a way that the Utahraptor figure doesn't rest on them nicely. It will apparently still be released at some point, in a newer paint scheme.

DinoLord

Yeah I didn't mean to imply that the Utahraptor won't be rereleased. For all we know maybe it will fit well on future herbivore releases

Cammy

I'm new to dinosaur collecting so I never knew about the Battat toys until I went through the forum and blog, but I am still very excited that these new dinosaurs are coming out as well as the classic ones. They look fantastic, and I love how they're all to scale with each other. I really hope they come out in Australia, as I'll probably get them all!

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

Bokisaurus

Well, got them,too ;D
They are lovely figures for sure and the Pachy is my favorite of the 4 I got. I got a second one just for repainting since I'm not too fond of the original ;)
[

I will post more pics on the Battat thread, some with photos of the original figures with the new ones for those interested.
So anyone know what scale these new figures are? I can't find that info anywhere on the box >:( ;D

DinoLord

I'm pretty sure they are the same scale as the originals.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: