News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 18, 2014, 06:15:50 PM
I doubt anyone will release a figure of Spinosaurus until the new reconstruction and its paper are released by Paul Serreno, at least not the companies that actually do the research  before-hand. It looks from the way the new reconstruction is being done that Spinosaurus is in for some massive and long overdue corrections to make it far more likely   rather than the fantasy dragon we have known for years. This is something I have long felt needed done
We probably won't have to wait long for the paper.

I am very glad this was found, it supports the idea of Spinosaurus being mainly aquatic.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

amargasaurus cazaui

We will have to wait to see what it really supports ....from what I have seen Serreno is going in the direction of a mud flats wader that could belly surf through mud flats on all fours similar to a Croc. The paper may be awhile, the current fervor mostly is swirling over images Serreno posted on his own website.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

That wasn't Sereno's theory.

Wait there are more pictures of the Spinosaurus mount?

amargasaurus cazaui

Serreno is the one releasing the paper, and yes, he is reconstructing spinosaurus to have shorter more stubby legs, as he believes that it would have been impossible for a mud wading dinosaur to walk around like a normal theropod, which makes perfect sense.The dinosaur will also be leaned further forward with downward facing skull placing it almost like a belly surfing mud wader in general appearances.You can readily see this just from the photos released so far.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 18, 2014, 06:34:12 PM
Serreno is the one releasing the paper, and yes, he is reconstructing spinosaurus to have shorter more stubby legs, as he believes that it would have been impossible for a mud wading dinosaur to walk around like a normal theropod, which makes perfect sense.The dinosaur will also be leaned further forward with downward facing skull placing it almost like a belly surfing mud wader in general appearances.You can readily see this just from the photos released so far.
Oh, I though t you were referring to this:
http://antediluviansalad.blogspot.ca/2014/08/did-bakker-get-spinosaurus-right-after.html?spref=fb

You said there were more pictures of the Spinosaurus on Sereno's website, where are those? I can't find them.

amargasaurus cazaui

They reference his web site in the link you posted actually right?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 18, 2014, 06:41:44 PM
They reference his web site in the link you posted actually right?
Where?

EDIT: This?
http://paulsereno.uchicago.edu/

I don't see anything about the new Spinosaurus on there ???.

Yutyrannus

Could you just link to the pictures? I've been looking for a long time and I can't find them.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 18, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
Could you just link to the pictures? I've been looking for a long time and I can't find them.
The link I saw is not there anymore, not sure if it was removed or just what. Odd

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 18, 2014, 07:53:35 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 18, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
The link I saw is not there anymore, not sure if it was removed or just what. Odd
Huh, that is weird. Hopefully they get posted again soon.

DinoToyForum

You are going waaay off topic. New threads for new topics, please.  C:-)

Takama

Well I would love it if Mr. LoRusso would create a Spinosaurus based on the new findings. In fact, there's a lot of Species I want to see done in the line with there newly discovered features  (Cocks Comp Edmontosaurus, Popes hat Tsintaosaurus, Ultra weird Deinechirus)

loru1588

Quote from: Takama on August 18, 2014, 08:38:09 PM
Well I would love it if Mr. LoRusso would create a Spinosaurus based on the new findings. In fact, there's a lot of Species I want to see done in the line with there newly discovered features  (Cocks Comp Edmontosaurus, Popes hat Tsintaosaurus, Ultra weird Deinechirus)

For the Terra Series I have to keep to animals that were in the 5m to 7m range in size. If, and that's an if at this point, Battat decides to expand on the older MOS Boston Series, there will be no size limitation on the dinosaurs.

Takama

Quote from: loru1588 on August 18, 2014, 08:52:36 PM
Quote from: Takama on August 18, 2014, 08:38:09 PM

For the Terra Series I have to keep to animals that were in the 5m to 7m range in size. If, and that's an if at this point, Battat decides to expand on the older MOS Boston Series, there will be no size limitation on the dinosaurs.

I just hope the general public would not neglect this line when it comes to sales.

DinoLord

Hey Dan,

Are the reissues going to be sold at Target as well?

Takama

Quote from: DinoLord on August 18, 2014, 10:56:51 PM
Hey Dan,

Are the reissues going to be sold at Target as well?

Last I asked, he has no idea what the company plans on doing with those. He hasn't finished repainting them all yet.

loru1588

I believe only the Terra Series will be a Target exclusive. I'm not sure if they will also carry the reboot of the Battat MOS series. Your museum shops, other toy stores, and online stores will probably be the target  ( no pun intended, well maybe a little bit!! ) audience for the rebooted series.

EmperorDinobot

MY Wishlist:

Brachiosaurus
Iguanodon
Deinonychus
Baryonyx
Centrosaurus
Saichania

A marine reptile
A pterosaur

All done in that style and all to scale.

I would die happy.

Takama

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 19, 2014, 01:29:38 AM
MY Wishlist:

Brachiosaurus
Iguanodon
Deinonychus
Baryonyx
Centrosaurus
Saichania

A marine reptile
A pterosaur

I would die happy.

No offense, but I think Brachiosaurus has been done to death in name.    I would like to see a Giraffatitian that's actually called that by the manufacturer.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Takama on August 19, 2014, 01:42:51 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 19, 2014, 01:29:38 AM
MY Wishlist:

Brachiosaurus
Iguanodon
Deinonychus
Baryonyx
Centrosaurus
Saichania

A marine reptile
A pterosaur

I would die happy.

No offense, but I think Brachiosaurus has been done to death in name.    I would like to see a Giraffatitian that's actually called that by the manufacturer.

Brachiosaurus, Giraffatitan, whichever works. I sort of want to see my favorite sauropod done in that style. I was not very pleased with Carnegie's new Brachiosaurus to be honest. Safari's Brachiosaurus from 5 years ago was better (wait... what am I saying? I have never seen the Carnegie one in real life for starters!). Maybe it's the color...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: