You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

This is a late follow-up to a few posts here (including one of mine), but I can second the confirmation that the Dan LoRusso collection is being sold at Meijer:

Interestingly, one of my two Meijers actually eliminated their Schleich display entirely; I asked an employee and he said they were selling poorly (likely, he and I suspected, because Schleich is just overpriced). Imagine my surprise, then, to see my other Meijer actually "expanding" like this. Schleich is still dominant, but the Terras have pretty good shelf presence. Dacentrurus, Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus were stocked behind the Amargas.
I'd like to think this is a good sign for the Terra series, even if it doesn't ever lead to new releases.

Shonisaurus

Although I have almost all the figures (including the minis dinosaurs) except unfortunately the mini tyrannosaurus rex of Battat that is looking for me UK sincerely I would like for all collectors to reedit all figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Battat since its inception . In fact the version of tyrannosaurus rex brown of Papo(exclusive model of 2012) is marketed this year.

It would be very good news for collectors and fans of Battat to commercialize in their original format all Battat figures in their different versions of painting and sculpture (for example the three versions of Battan tyrannosaurus). I think that would mean juicy economic benefits even if only Battat were marketed only in Canada and the US, it should be taken into account in the US is the third most populated nation on the planet after China and India and in North America in general there is much amateur of dinosaurs. That would cheapen the prices of figures of Battat by eBay and would end with the high prices to which the figures of second-hand Battat by the sellers are subject to the shortage of the product.

We would benefit everyone.

Daspletodave

Even if Battat were to reissue the original line (which would be a good thing) they would never reissue all 3 versions of T-Rex, all 3 versions of Dilophosaurus, and both versions of Ceratosaurus. That would be sheer stupidity!
I would like to see Dan's unreleased sculpts hit the shelves- I was especially looking forward to his Gastonia and Pentaceratops.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on December 18, 2018, 03:26:41 PM
Even if Battat were to reissue the original line (which would be a good thing) they would never reissue all 3 versions of T-Rex, all 3 versions of Dilophosaurus, and both versions of Ceratosaurus. That would be sheer stupidity!
I would like to see Dan's unreleased sculpts hit the shelves- I was especially looking forward to his Gastonia and Pentaceratops.

Good to dream is something free or want something relative to collecting is a free right that can be exercised in the forum. It is not foolish for me to market the three versions of tyrannosaurus, dilophosaurus of Battat or the two versions of ceratosaurus. I think that unfortunately, as you say at the best of times, the Battat company would never do that, but for those of us who are collectors, as is the case with many DTF members and who do not have all the versions, it would be good news.

Anyway, thank God I have all the versions you mention, except unfortunately the mini tyrannosaurus Battat, I honestly do not care anymore, I said looking at all those members of the forum who were interested in those figures and were completistas and They wish to have all the versions for a more affordable price. I put myself in their place and in my case it would bring me a pleasant surprise.

What I said and I tell you with all the respect in the world for me is not stupid I like collecting and I usually collect all versions of dinosaurs of brands that attract me regardless of whether they are repainted or weaker versions. It is not a crime and that a company reeditase these figures would be a good news so that nobody would have to buy at exorbitant prices such beautiful figures in this case as the discontinued Battat.

On the other hand I agree with you to market the figures of gastonia, pentaceratops and also in my case those of nasutoceratops, gigantoraptor and europasaurus. It's a shame as I say that Battat does not continue the work of Dans.

Tim

In support of Fembrogon, I too saw four of the dinos at our local Meijer.  Amargo, Dacentru, Carno and Cerato.  Was hoping to see the Pachy or Parasaurolophus.  Looks like Meijer may have only acquired these four.

Fembrogon

What kills me even more is that Battat releases those bins/tubs of trashy chinasaur figures (as pictured above) when they have access to LoRusso's sculpts for retooling. Surely, they could at least reissue those rare museum minfigures in such a manner, right???
(although I suppose there could be some licensing issue there that we don't know about *shrug*)

Brocc21

Yeah when I first saw the tubs I got really excited thinking they were the minis or something similar. Nope, chinasaurs.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Tim

Has anyone ever done the math and noticed these are *not* 1:40 scale?  The Parasaurolophus is much too small.  The Dacentrurus is too big.

Am I missing something?  The math doesn't line up with 1:40.

Halichoeres

According to my tape measure, the Parasaurolophus is a pretty good match for 1:40. The Dacentrurus is a little trickier, since it's not as complete, but if you squint I think it's pretty close. But some of them are definitely too large, like the Euoplocephalus, Edmontonia, Nanshiungosaurus, and arguably the Cryolophosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

FlawedCoil82

I went to my local Meijer store this morning and, well....its not looking too good for the Battat Terra line at Meijer stores. They are already on Clearance.  :( Darn it, if Battat would have just stopped being so mysterious and clueless, I would have loved buying these figures here, but I need new figures I don't already have.

Brocc21

Btw I don't think the original Euoplocephalus has been reviewed on the blog. So there's still one to go!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Tim on January 07, 2019, 04:03:24 PM
Has anyone ever done the math and noticed these are *not* 1:40 scale?  The Parasaurolophus is much too small.  The Dacentrurus is too big.

Am I missing something?  The math doesn't line up with 1:40.

Most of the Battat figures are in the 1:35 range. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ucFaarEzro0GRwJ32fkRjfg_klRlMiU1ZJe-nrVQevg
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Brocc21

Sim

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 01, 2019, 11:46:14 PM
Most of the Battat figures are in the 1:35 range. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ucFaarEzro0GRwJ32fkRjfg_klRlMiU1ZJe-nrVQevg

The max length given there for the Gallimimus and Utahraptor look too long compared to modern estimates.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Sim on February 03, 2019, 01:38:59 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 01, 2019, 11:46:14 PM

The max length given there for the Gallimimus and Utahraptor look too long compared to modern estimates.

This list has been going for years, I'm sure some things need to be updated...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

FlawedCoil82

Not that it is any shock to anyone, but today I saw an employee at Target taking down the Terra endcap display. I asked her if it's down permanently and she said "Yea, the Terra line has been discontinued." I am mad that it was inevitable but that we all saw coming and were totally helpless to do anything. The only hope now is Battat sinking and somehow allowing a far more competent company getting the molds from their clueless clutches. But I am not going to hold my breath. If another company doesn't come to the rescue then I will end up selling off my Terra figures, as they are totally useless now without the key pieces I really wanted.

Gwangi

I still check the Terra end cap on occasion, on the off chance they've released something new. This last time I noticed the Terra figures were almost completely gone, now I know why. It's so sad to see Dan's legacy just get treated this way. He spent his last couple of years sculpting for this company and many of those sculpts will probably never see the light of day, what a waste. But I'm certainly keeping my Terra collection, the ones we got are still great sculpts and represent the end of Dan's long, and impressive career.

suspsy

Just goes to show that happy endings are sadly too rare in life. At least we got some toys instead of none at all.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

I still want to know what was going through there heads when they created those Flawed Electronic figures instead of doing what we all requsted since pretty much the day Dans poor soul past away.

If only they were not so secretive and would just tell us WHY they could not release the line.     After, all, they did qhote our blog on there website,  surely they could of taken that as a sign of what we want from them.

I recently Boght the electronic Carnotaurus, with the (Now Futile) Hope that its sale would encourage them to Release the rest of the Dan LoRusso Collection.

Thnakfully, i can say that my mony was not actually wasted, As I think (Surprise) its a decent Toy. but Still, the original intention of me Buying it was to encourage them to continue. ::)   

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: