News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Nothing at my Target, just checked today. Didn't bother asking an employee, I'm patient enough. I'll check again next week.

Sim

If someone goes to a Target which has the new Battat dinos (Cerato, Carno and Amarga) perhaps it might be a good idea to ask someone who works there if they can check if they have any other Battat dinos that aren't on the shop floor yet?

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 08, 2015, 06:05:27 PM
Quote from: Brachiosaurus on July 08, 2015, 05:46:21 PM
I will be using the repainted amarga as a male while my 2 originals will be females

I was thinking of doing something similar with my Carnegie Amargasaurus! Or at least using the two as a practical demonstration of changing ideas in paleontology.
Both the Carnegie and Battat Amargasaurus are very good figures.  I think you're right that they show a number of changing ideas in palaeontology!  They feature two of several different ideas for how the spines might've looked - something that still isn't agreed on.  If I'm understanding correctly, they might both have a different outdated idea: the Battat Amarga I think has nostrils near its eyes rather than further down its snout, while the Carnegie Amarga I think has a pad behind the fingers in its hands rather than U-shaped hands.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Sim on July 08, 2015, 11:44:56 PM
If someone goes to a Target which has the new Battat dinos (Cerato, Carno and Amarga) perhaps it might be a good idea to ask someone who works there if they can check if they have any other Battat dinos that aren't on the shop floor yet?

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 08, 2015, 06:05:27 PM
Quote from: Brachiosaurus on July 08, 2015, 05:46:21 PM
I will be using the repainted amarga as a male while my 2 originals will be females

I was thinking of doing something similar with my Carnegie Amargasaurus! Or at least using the two as a practical demonstration of changing ideas in paleontology.
Both the Carnegie and Battat Amargasaurus are very good figures.  I think you're right that they show a number of changing ideas in palaeontology!  They feature two of several different ideas for how the spines might've looked - something that still isn't agreed on.  If I'm understanding correctly, they might both have a different outdated idea: the Battat Amarga I think has nostrils near its eyes rather than further down its snout, while the Carnegie Amarga I think has a pad behind the fingers in its hands rather than U-shaped hands.

whoops, I only had my dad look for the 3 known ones, interesting fact the rereleases have the 1994 Museum of Science covered up and unreadable

Sim

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on July 08, 2015, 11:53:31 PM
whoops, I only had my dad look for the 3 known ones, interesting fact the rereleases have the 1994 Museum of Science covered up and unreadable
Do you have any photos of them that show the text area?  Congratulations on getting the new figures!

Daspletodave

Quote from: Sim on July 09, 2015, 12:02:12 AM
Do you have any photos of them that show the text area?  Congratulations on getting the new figures!
Without seeing the repaints yet, I can guess that the belly printing will be similar to the current Battat Terra line - just "Terra by Battat, Made in China, " and the stock number. Of course they have to delete any "old date" and any mention of the Boston Museum or Museum of Science, since they have no "rights' to this series.

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Daspletodave on July 09, 2015, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: Sim on July 09, 2015, 12:02:12 AM
Without seeing the repaints yet, I can guess that the belly printing will be similar to the current Battat Terra line - just "Terra by Battat, Made in China, " and the stock number. Of course they have to delete any "old date" and any mention of the Boston Museum or Museum of Science, since they have no "rights' to this series.
not quit, it still says the animals name how long it was and made by battat

Blade-of-the-Moon

joossa

Very nice display you've got going there, Blade. :)

Very good idea!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: joossa on July 09, 2015, 06:24:49 AM
Very nice display you've got going there, Blade. :)

Very good idea!

Thanks! Thought everyone might like to see them together.

Remember you can use the inventory checker here to check your store first : http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker  Then if they are shown in stock but not on the shelf you just show them the UPS/DCPI numbers and they should be able to get it for you.

Halichoeres

I am an irredeemable package-opener when it comes to toys, but I have to say these guys tempted me to keep them boxed up. They look so good in their little picture boxes. The clincher was the misspelling of "Galapagos" on the front, though--they had to be freed when I noticed that. Can't unsee!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol I used to be the same way..but these boxes..they look like little mini dioramas already and they display very well. It's the first toys I've bought that I wanted to leave in the package.

Meso-Cenozoic

They look really good together like that, Blade! Almost like you're starting your own store. ;) I'm definitely keeping my boxes too. But once I finally finish moving into the new house, I'll take them out to display with all my others. But I'll still keep the boxes because of how nice they are, and for keeping the value of the complete set.

Oh btw, I got my three new repaints today! YAY!! I live in Jersey City, right next to Manhattan. My Target only had one of each of these. I asked someone if they could look up if these were all they got and if they had any still back in storage. So after she scanned each one, we found out that these were all there were. You would think in such a huge metropolis I live in and by that there would've been much more ordered. Even though I like to go through each one and find the best looking ones when I get the chance like this to actually shop in a real store, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I got the only ones they got in. I forgot to ask her if she could look up if and when more were coming in. But I'll check back soon. Because when they get their next shipment, I'll probably bring these three back in and compare them against the others. 8) Haha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 10, 2015, 05:58:45 AM
They look really good together like that, Blade! Almost like you're starting your own store. ;) I'm definitely keeping my boxes too. But once I finally finish moving into the new house, I'll take them out to display with all my others. But I'll still keep the boxes because of how nice they are, and for keeping the value of the complete set.

Oh btw, I got my three new repaints today! YAY!! I live in Jersey City, right next to Manhattan. My Target only had one of each of these. I asked someone if they could look up if these were all they got and if they had any still back in storage. So after she scanned each one, we found out that these were all there were. You would think in such a huge metropolis I live in and by that there would've been much more ordered. Even though I like to go through each one and find the best looking ones when I get the chance like this to actually shop in a real store, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I got the only ones they got in. I forgot to ask her if she could look up if and when more were coming in. But I'll check back soon. Because when they get their next shipment, I'll probably bring these three back in and compare them against the others. 8) Haha!

If I thought I could sell these in our gift shop here I might try stocking them..lol As it is I have a hard enough time getting 3-5.00 for a figure.

Congrats! At least now we know there is only the three now.  This might have been an initial shipment just testing the waters.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Sim

Hi Meso-Cenozoic, did you ask if they had any other Battat dinosaur species besides the 3 you got and the 2014 ones?

postsaurischian

Somehow I'm glad I've never bought the Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus.
Both new paintjobs look brilliant and better than the old ones :).

Dinomike

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 10, 2015, 04:27:02 PM

I like them too! Also - I really want them!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 10, 2015, 04:27:02 PM

I agree, I only have the repaints and they defiantly look better, especially carnotaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Went to Target again today..I needed a couple bird models for the show tomorrow...they had restocked all of last year's dinosaur, 4 of each..but no more new ones.  Oddly enough I did see some of the last year's dinos on the clearance shelf for 5.00 too..

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Sim on July 10, 2015, 02:34:11 PM
Hi Meso-Cenozoic, did you ask if they had any other Battat dinosaur species besides the 3 you got and the 2014 ones?

When the person I asked who worked there checked on her scanner device, she said that's all there was... the three new ones I found on the shelf. They had no more of any kind of TERRA Battat in back or any other kind that had come in and were out of. What I didn't ask specifically was if she could tell what was on order... if there were more of these three new ones on the way and if there were any other new ones they haven't had yet on there way. But I will definitely be going back again and checking. I'll ask these questions then. My Target isn't very far from my house, about a 10-15 drive. I am also curious if they know if there are any other different kind of new ones on the way! But from what her scanner was telling her, there weren't any other new types of repaints or TERRA Battat as of yet that had come in, just the three new ones I got that we've all seen now. They also still had a pretty good supply of last year's four TERRA Battat dinos still in stock.... mostly Pachy's and Cryoloph's. They only had one or two left of the Dacentrurus and Nanshiungosaurus. I found it interesting to see which ones from last year were more popular and still selling better this year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: