You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue1stClass

Has everyone seen the official site yet? It has the Stegosaurus, the Euoplocephalus, and the Parasaurolophus among the ones already released, so I'm guessing they'll be next and probably soon. Which is good because I have developed an irrational need for that Parasaurolophus.

http://www.terrauniverse.com/dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

MLMjp

Quote from: Rogue1stClass on October 14, 2015, 09:00:03 PM
Has everyone seen the official site yet? It has the Stegosaurus, the Euoplocephalus, and the Parasaurolophus among the ones already released, so I'm guessing they'll be next and probably soon. Which is good because I have developed an irrational need for that Parasaurolophus.

http://www.terrauniverse.com/dinosaurs

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 14, 2015, 09:03:06 PM
Need that Para :P

Same here :)

suspsy

Passing on the Stegosaurus because of its overspiked tail, but I definitely want the other two!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleona

I am eagerly awaiting that Para, as well, haha!  ^-^  I hope it gets released soon~

DinoLord

I hope that their presence on that link signifies an impending release; it would be good to see that Battat hasn't dropped the ball with Dan's passing.

Paleona

Pretty sure those 3 have been on the Terra website since before Dan's passing; the Para has been for sure, because I used Amazon's "add to wish list" button and added the Para to my Wish List on July 31st.  So when they'll be released is still a mystery.

Tapejara1122

Wonder how the color scheme will be for the gallimimus. Cant wait though!

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

Rogue1stClass

They've all been on the site since Dan posted the link on Facebook back in May or June, well before the other reissues were released.

Quote from: suspsy on October 14, 2015, 09:54:22 PM
Passing on the Stegosaurus because of its overspiked tail, but I definitely want the other two!

I thought that when I first saw her, but she's growing on me now. Stegosaurus is one of those that's hard to find a good toy of, and while that's not a good one, at least it's bad in a different way.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Paleona on October 14, 2015, 10:05:03 PM
Pretty sure those 3 have been on the Terra website since before Dan's passing; the Para has been for sure, because I used Amazon's "add to wish list" button and added the Para to my Wish List on July 31st.  So when they'll be released is still a mystery.
You saw it on Amazon?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Victoria's Cantina

Very glad to see that more of these may be on their way out soon.

Does anyone happen to know what the rationale was for the Stego having so many spikes on its tail? I'm guessing a specimen with extra spikes was found?

Takama

Quote from: Victoria B on October 15, 2015, 01:40:43 AM
Very glad to see that more of these may be on their way out soon.

Does anyone happen to know what the rationale was for the Stego having so many spikes on its tail? I'm guessing a specimen with extra spikes was found?

There was a Specimen that looked like it had extra spikes, and for a while this was assumed to be the case.

However, it turned out that it was just two Stegos on top of each-other.

Paleona

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 15, 2015, 12:16:10 AM
You saw it on Amazon?

No, I added the Terra website page for it to my Amazon wish list.  There's an "add to wish list" button you can use to add items from external sites to your Amazon wish list.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Paleona on October 15, 2015, 03:07:58 AM
You saw it on Amazon?

No, I added the Terra website page for it to my Amazon wish list.  There's an "add to wish list" button you can use to add items from external sites to your Amazon wish list.
Well, that's a function I was not aware of. Thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Paleona

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 15, 2015, 02:59:53 PM
Quote from: Paleona on October 15, 2015, 03:07:58 AM
You saw it on Amazon?

Well, that's a function I was not aware of. Thanks!

No problem, I love telling people about it, haha.  :)  It's great because Amazon doesn't necessarily have everything you want (especially people who collect older merchandise or imported goods) and that way you can ensure possible gift-givers buy a legit product you actually want.
(Here it is for those interested: http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/get-button  It's a button you add to your browser's bookmark bar.)

Anyway!  Sorry for the bit of OT chat.

tyrantqueen

Looking at my Battat Tyrannosaurus, I am wondering if anyone else has the same quirk that mine does :)

Does anyone else's T. rex have green teeth? My dad always says that green teeth are a sign of poor dental hygiene.

By the way, all the photos I've looked at online have white teeth ???

Simon

Your TRex seems to have slipped past quality control.  They forgot to paint the teeth white.  Fortunately, that is an easy fix ....

Gwangi

Rain

Gwangi

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: