You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re-issue of Battat former Museum of Science Boston Series

Started by loru1588, August 21, 2014, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

This is great news, glad to see they're still releasing these models. I checked my Target on Black Friday but they didn't have anything new then.

suspsy

Hmmm. I shall have to try and twist my friends' arms into doing another shopping trip to the States soon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 07, 2015, 10:58:48 AM
:D Hurra!!

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 07, 2015, 10:24:33 AM
Really wish those would come over here.

They will! We have very helpful people here at the DTF ;).
For those who will likely be asking, yes, I will be getting them as soon as I can find them locally and will help as many as possible similar to the last wave. I sent quite a few of the little monsters out last grouping.
    I find it odd we would get only two or three this grouping and nothing in the medium or large grouping. The set of four originally sold had smalls and mediums, as the Pachy was considered medium compared to the others. In the last grouping we had three smalls and two larges. I would almost expect two larger animals to accompany the three smaller ones unless the Parasaur is a large grouping box, which is possible as well. Even then it would suggest a third smaller animal. If you accept in the first group of repaints they were released in a box packing most favorable to profit, it would follow the next wave then should also possibly have three smaller and two larger.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

PaleoMatt

suspsy

I wonder if the 2015 moulds will be mixed in with the repaints, or if Battat plans to hold off on them until they've gone through of the latter.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Good to see Battat still isn't done with these beauties. Hopefully the rest of the line is still slated to follow.

MLMjp

Quote from: TE Matt on December 07, 2015, 09:04:58 PM
It really sucks how there will be no more Battat dinos :(

At least the existing ones are going to be released, what really sucks is the target exclusivity, if at least they where avaliable on amazon....

amargasaurus cazaui

A little trick for those within the US that do not realize it...Target does mail order, or online ordering and will ship free for any order over something like 20 bucks. So as long as you are in the US, Target or not, you can mail order it and it will come free of extra charge provided you meet the minimium purchase. So even if you do not have a Target you can get these things...provided you are in the United states. For those outside the US .....well I covered that too.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

terrorchicken

I hope they arent done releasing Carnotaurus and Ceratosaurus, I havent seen those in my store yet!

MLMjp

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 07, 2015, 10:01:31 PM
A little trick for those within the US that do not realize it...Target does mail order, or online ordering and will ship free for any order over something like 20 bucks. So as long as you are in the US, Target or not, you can mail order it and it will come free of extra charge provided you meet the minimium purchase. So even if you do not have a Target you can get these things...provided you are in the United states. For those outside the US .....well I covered that too.
Yes
In fact you don't know how much I want to ask to you guys to get this figures for me. It´s just that I don't have the money right now >:( >:( >:(

If a bit of money is left after christmas, I swear I´m going to invest it in some battats (Goodbye Rebor Acro :'( :'( :'( Temporally I hope  :()and get in contact with some of you for that. My only fear is the shipping cost of a journey across the atlantic ocean  :-\ :(

Sim

Wonderful news!  I'm really happy the Battat dinosaur line is continuing!  I'd started thinking the next dinosaurs would probably be released in 2016, but here they are! :)

...  A few days ago I found out Stegosaurus ungulatus (the species of the Battat figure) might have had 8 tail spikes after all.

Some big changes have happened to the classification of Stegosaurus.  The original type species for Stegosaurus is Stegosaurus armatus - this was the species for which the name "Stegosaurus" was created for.  Later, other species of Stegosaurus have been named too.  However, in recent years, examination of Stegosaurus fossils has found several things, some of which are relevant here...

Stegosaurus armatus has been found to be a nomen dubium as the original specimen is very fragmentary and consequently extremely difficult to compare with better specimens.  Because of this, the ICZN has made Stegosaurus stenops, which is known from good remains, the new type species of Stegosaurus.  The name "Stegosaurus" is now permanently attached to S. stenops.  This leaves only two valid Stegosaurus species.  The large-plated 7m Stegosaurus stenops, and the smaller-plated 9m Stegosaurus ungulatus.

The original specimen of Stegosaurus ungulatus was found with 8 spikes.  It turns out it's not actually known if they had 8 spikes or not.  No other extra bones were found with this specimen, so it's not known if all 8 spikes came from this one specimen, or if they are from more than one Stegosaurus.  No S. ungulatus specimens have been found with complete or articulated sets of tail spikes, and no other specimens have been found with 8 spikes.  Some specimens referred to S. ungulatus have been found with 4 spikes.  Although I wonder if they could actually be different species or subspecies.  Who knows if the amount of tail spikes could differ in S. ungulatus due to species, individual variation, sexual dimorphism, location...

It has been suggested the plates in S. ungulatus are paired due to a pair of identical but mirrored tail plates having been found.  I don't find this convincing though, as it doesn't seem unlikely a few plates could be the same size and be staggered.  Its very close relative S. stenops is known to have staggered plates.

At this point I don't think I can say 8 spikes on a Stegosaurus ungulatus is definitely an inaccuracy.  It looks like it could be possible this species, or some individuals of this species, had 8 spikes.  I wish Dan could see that now it's considered possible S. ungulatus had 8 spikes. :(

I'm now reminded of amargasaurus's post (Reply #12) in this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2768.0

Rain

deanm

Dang...  I looked at a Target near Boston today - nothing new. Maybe I'll search out another Boston area store and have some luck....

Cnrdvs

Quote from: deanm on December 08, 2015, 01:13:59 AM
Dang...  I looked at a Target near Boston today - nothing new. Maybe I'll search out another Boston area store and have some luck....

I also live near Boston, seem to get the best luck in Everett. They always seem to be first with putting stuff on the shelves.

Takama

We are not sure if there will be no more.    Battat has a lot of figures both old and new to release and it will be a while before they come out

Hopefully, they can get a new artist to continue the legacy of Battat

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Yay! I was just starting to get worried.
The only annoying thing is I just moved to an area where the local Target is still working through the last of their Dacentrus and Pachyrhinosaurus. :-\
Thankfully the next nearest one isn't much further away.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Takama on December 08, 2015, 02:57:11 AM

We are not sure if there will be no more.    Battat has a lot of figures both old and new to release and it will be a while before they come out

Hopefully, they can get a new artist to continue the legacy of Battat
Let's keep our hopes up!

EmperorDinobot

I haven't seen these in a while. Never saw repaints except Acro and Tyrannosaurus.

Meso-Cenozoic

Fantastic news about these new releases! I'm also hoping Battat continues the line somehow. :)

Shuvuuia

So excited by this news. Going to have to head to target as soon as payday rolls around. Stupid fiscal responsibility getting in the way of mah dinos!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: