News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Unofficial poll question about new Terra Series from Battat

Started by loru1588, August 26, 2014, 08:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Yeah the $26 was the shipping cost. The boxes aren't too heavy but they do take a lot of volume which necessitates a larger shipping box. I agree it's great that these great figures are being distributed widely; hopefully the MOS reissues will be as well! Where I am there aren't really any other figures being sold, not even Schleich (which I guess is a good thing...).

Daspletodave

Hey Sim, if you want to save some money on shipping costs, why not instruct your shipper (Dan's Dinos in this case) to remove the figures from their boxes and then take apart the boxes (carefully) and ship them flat? If he bubble wraps each dino it will protect them from scuffing. And you still get the boxes, which you can reassemble once they arrive.
Just something to keep in mind for the next round of Battats!

DinoLord

The back pane and the bottom one are glued together so that wouldn't work without destroying the box. :/

Concavenator

@loru1588 Is there going to be any theropod in the upcoming 2nd Terra series by Battat?

loru1588

There will be 2 theropods in the 2nd set, 2 ceratopsians, a sauropod, and a prosauropod

DinoLord

Quote from: loru1588 on October 06, 2014, 02:02:38 PM
... a sauropod

This is excellent news.  ;D  I hope you continue to sculpt more sauropods Dan; the general toy market is lacking in strong sauropod sculpts but yours have been great.

Concavenator

Oh,and Dan,when will the  new species or sculpts be unveiled?  :)

loru1588

Quote from: Concavenator on October 06, 2014, 05:04:20 PM
Oh,and Dan,when will the  new species or sculpts be unveiled?  :)

When Battat tells me it's OK to talk about it!! LOL ;)

John

Wouldn't it be nice if Gorgosaurus,Majungasaurus,Einiosaurus,Agujaceratops,Europasaurus or Plateosaurus were to turn up Battat's line sometime? ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

loru1588

Concavenator

Quote from: loru1588 on October 06, 2014, 07:58:15 PM
This is like 20 questions !! John you got 3!
I'm guessing we'll see a Plateosaurus,Einiosaurus and Agujaceratops in the 2nd round  :)
Don't lie,I'm sure these are coming!!! ;)  ;D

Sim

Quote from: DinoLord on October 05, 2014, 04:31:49 AM
Yeah the $26 was the shipping cost. The boxes aren't too heavy but they do take a lot of volume which necessitates a larger shipping box. I agree it's great that these great figures are being distributed widely; hopefully the MOS reissues will be as well! Where I am there aren't really any other figures being sold, not even Schleich (which I guess is a good thing...).
I think shipping (to the UK) for me was $29 for the 4 figures - it's quite similar.

Quote from: Daspletodave on October 05, 2014, 04:27:24 PM
Hey Sim, if you want to save some money on shipping costs, why not instruct your shipper (Dan's Dinos in this case) to remove the figures from their boxes and then take apart the boxes (carefully) and ship them flat? If he bubble wraps each dino it will protect them from scuffing. And you still get the boxes, which you can reassemble once they arrive.
Just something to keep in mind for the next round of Battats!
Thanks for the suggestion, but as DinoLord pointed out that doesn't seem possible.  If it was though, I'm not sure how much I'd like that option as there wouldn't be the same special feeling as getting the new figures in their original boxes and unpacking them from it!  Takama said he damaged the paint on one of his Battat Cryolophosaurus in his eagerness to take it out of the box, so unpacking them myself would make me worry less about that happening.

I think the boxes are a great idea for the information (and diorama) they provide and I imagine they're also good for protecting the toys from getting damaged, like while they're on a shelf in the shop.  It's unfortunate it ends up making shipping more expensive.  The figures only being sold in US Targets inevitably makes getting them more expensive for those who can't reach a suitable Target.

A different head can make a ceratopsian quite different from other ceratopsians - I can now see why two ceratopsians can be good.  I'm quite fond of some, like Styracosaurus, Triceratops and Pentaceratops, so I'd prefer Penta over Einio, but the most recent posts makes me think Einiosaurus is the one coming out of the two.  Well, I'll list my guesses too!

1) Plateosaurus
2) Herrerasaurus
3 and 4) I would've guessed both Pentaceratops and Einiosaurus, but it can only be one of the two.  I'm guessing one ceratopsian will be a centrosaurine and one a chasmosaurine, the centrosaurine being Einiosaurus and the chasmosaurine something with a long frill.
5) I would've guessed Shunosaurus, but the recent posts make me think it'll be Europasaurus.
6) A tyrannosauroid or a spinosaurid.

Gwangi

Einiosaurus sounds almost like a certainty which is very exciting for me, one of my favorite ceratopsians. Cannot believe no one has tackled it yet!

John

Wouldn't it be nice if,Majungasaurus,Einiosaurus,or Plateosaurus were to turn up Battat's line sometime? ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoLord

Quote from: John on October 06, 2014, 11:12:55 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if,Majungasaurus,Einiosaurus,or Plateosaurus were to turn up Battat's line sometime? ;D

Plateosaurus has basically been confirmed.

Sim

Quote from: Gwangi on October 06, 2014, 11:04:37 PM
Einiosaurus sounds almost like a certainty which is very exciting for me, one of my favorite ceratopsians. Cannot believe no one has tackled it yet!

Both the blue and the green one are Einiosaurus :))

John

Quote from: DinoLord on October 06, 2014, 11:34:08 PM
Quote from: John on October 06, 2014, 11:12:55 PM

Plateosaurus has basically been confirmed.
Plateosaurus is not the only one I mentioned that is all but confirmed. ;D

Gwangi

Allosaurus89

I'm going to guess Herrerasaurus, Plateosaurus, Einiosaurus, Shunosaurus, Pentaceratops, and Majungasaurus

amargasaurus cazaui

My guesses  or thoughts would b Herrarasaurs, gorgosaurus, plateosaurus, einosaurus,nasuatoceratops, and amargasaurus...the sauropod has to fall within the assigned size parameters so it makes a good guess
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: