News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Unofficial poll question about new Terra Series from Battat

Started by loru1588, August 26, 2014, 08:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 07, 2014, 03:09:57 AM
My guesses  or thoughts would b Herrarasaurs, gorgosaurus, plateosaurus, einosaurus,nasuatoceratops, and amargasaurus...the sauropod has to fall within the assigned size parameters so it makes a good guess

Amargasaurus was already sculpted for the Boston Museum of Science line, with the line being re-released I doubt they would sculpt a new one for the Terra line. Not that I wouldn't welcome it though, Amargasaurus is always a good choice.

Concavenator

I hope between the new theropods there is a spinosaur...but yeah a Herrerasaurus is possible.It'd also fit with the Plateosurus.

Sim

I'm going to name my guesses for the 6 upcoming dinosaurs!  It's a bit different from my previous guesses.

Plateosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Gorgosaurus, Shunosaurus, Einiosaurus, Chasmosaurus.

Even with the clues Dan's given, it was very hard to narrow most of them down!  It'll be interesting to see what the dinosaurs turn out to be!

Sim

Will the scale the figures are in be included on the packaging for future Battat dinosaurs?  It's a really useful piece of information, especially if it lets people know the figures are all at the same scale!  None of the other companies producing prehistoric animal toys keep their figures at a consistent scale, so this is one great way Battat distinguishes itself from other brands!  I've always really liked having figures that are to scale with each other!  I'm glad there's a dinosaur toy company that cares about this again!  However I probably wouldn't have known the Battat Terra dinosaurs were at 1:40 scale unless you'd confirmed it, Dan!

The topic about distribution for the former Boston MOS Battat dinosaurs sounds promising! :)

Allosaurus89

^I second that, I'm kinda OCD about scale.  At the end of the day, of course, it's up to Battat and yourself what scale they're in, but I've always liked having my dinos in the same scale. 

loru1588

The Terra Series will be all 1:40th scale for now. No plans to change that. Target Stores are discounting the Dan LoRusso Collection to an even $6.00 until the first week of November! Just found this out!

Allosaurus89

I saw that on The Dinosaur Studio facebook page.  Really wish I waited on buying them now  :P

Yutyrannus

How about a rauisuchian, Saurosuchus or Prestosuchus perhaps? Rauisuchians are seriously underrepresented in toy form. A gorgonopsid (other than Inostrancevia) would be really nice too, among them I think any species big enough for the Terra line would be good.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 27, 2014, 02:44:20 AM
How about a rauisuchian, Saurosuchus or Prestosuchus perhaps? Rauisuchians are seriously underrepresented in toy form. A gorgonopsid (other than Inostrancevia) would be really nice too, among them I think any species big enough for the Terra line would be good.

There is actually quite a nice selection of Rauisuchians I would say, more than you would think anyway. Bullyland has Arizonasaurus, Batrachtomus and Protochirotherium. Safari and Toyway each have a Postosuchus. Not that I'm saying I wouldn't like to see more. I'm just surprised we have so many already.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2014, 03:19:31 AM

There is actually quite a nice selection of Rauisuchians I would say, more than you would think anyway. Bullyland has Arizonasaurus, Batrachtomus and Protochirotherium. Safari and Toyway each have a Postosuchus. Not that I'm saying I wouldn't like to see more. I'm just surprised we have so many already.
Yeah, I guess. Actually, of what I suggested, I'd really prefer a gorgonopsid (because gorgonopsids are epic ;D).

Gwangi

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 27, 2014, 03:38:27 AM

Yeah, I guess. Actually, of what I suggested, I'd really prefer a gorgonopsid (because gorgonopsids are epic ;D).

Yes they are and we really don't have enough of them.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2014, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 27, 2014, 03:38:27 AM

Yes they are and we really don't have enough of them.
Yep, one is certainly not enough.

Takama

Sim

I remember Dan said there are currently no plans for non dinosaurs to be made.  I actually find it quite nice that the Battat line is only dinosaurs.  The animals in the line are still very diverse!  And there are still types of dinosaurs that are important as both groups of dinosaurs and as groups of animals that are not part of the Battat line, e.g. spinosaurids. That said, I would also be happy to see non dinosaurs from the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous join the Battat line, like pterosaurs, plesiosaurs and rauisuchians.  I'd prefer the Battat line to remain a Mesozoic line.

I think 3 different rauisuchians (with only Postosuchus having more than one figure) isn't a lot.  Since Protochirotherium are footprints and not an animal, I don't find the figure expands the rauisuchian species available as toys.  I'd like to see more rauisuchian toys!

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 27, 2014, 11:51:47 AM
Yep, one is certainly not enough.
There's a Wild Safari Inostrancevia (which I'm guessing is what you're referring to), and a Jurassic Park Lycaenops which comes in a few different colour schemes.

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on October 28, 2014, 02:42:59 PM
I think 3 different rauisuchians (with only Postosuchus having more than one figure) isn't a lot.  Since Protochirotherium are footprints and not an animal, I don't find the figure expands the rauisuchian species available as toys.  I'd like to see more rauisuchian toys!

That's why you have to read between the lines.  ;) I didn't say there were a lot of them, just more than you would expect. And there are, at least in my opinion. Rauisuchians are not widely known to the general public. The fact that there are at least 5 (I know there are others) is something I'm surprised by. It goes without saying that we would all like to see more.

Sim

Quote from: Gwangi on October 28, 2014, 11:05:03 PM

That's why you have to read between the lines.  ;) I didn't say there were a lot of them, just more than you would expect. And there are, at least in my opinion. Rauisuchians are not widely known to the general public. The fact that there are at least 5 (I know there are others) is something I'm surprised by. It goes without saying that we would all like to see more.
There aren't more than I would expect!  I only know the 3 species you mentioned are available as toys, with Postosuchus having several toys of it.

Gryphoceratops

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on October 29, 2014, 12:26:27 PM

That's why you have to read between the lines.  ;) I didn't say there were a lot of them, just more than you would expect. And there are, at least in my opinion. Transcaucasia are not widely known to the general public. The fact that there are at least 5 (I know there are others) is something I'm surprised by. It goes without saying that we would all like to see more.
There aren't more than I would expect!  I only know the 3 species you mentioned are available as toys, with Postosuchus having several toys of it.

Well I guess that is just a difference of opinion. I don't know how many obscure Triassic archosaur models you expect should exist. ;) Considering rauisuchian are the neglected archosaurs I'm just happy that any models exist of them at all is basically all I'm trying to say.

Forgot to mention them before but there is also a JP Ornithosuchus and a Saurosuchus toy from Japan. So that's six (five if you leave out Protochiritherium) genera that have been produced so far with Postosuchus having more than one model. But since this is very off topic (Dan said this line would be dinosaurs only) I invite you to start a thread on model rauisuchians. If there are more out there that I don't know about I would love to find out!

Sim

Quote from: Gwangi on October 29, 2014, 09:51:59 PM
Quote from: Sim on October 29, 2014, 12:26:27 PM

That's why you have to read between the lines.  ;) I didn't say there were a lot of them, just more than you would expect. And there are, at least in my opinion. Transcaucasia are not widely known to the general public. The fact that there are at least 5 (I know there are others) is something I'm surprised by. It goes without saying that we would all like to see more.

Well I guess that is just a difference of opinion. I don't know how many obscure Triassic archosaur models you expect should exist. ;) Considering rauisuchian are the neglected archosaurs I'm just happy that any models exist of them at all is basically all I'm trying to say.

Forgot to mention them before but there is also a JP Ornithosuchus and a Saurosuchus toy from Japan. So that's six (five if you leave out Protochiritherium) genera that have been produced so far with Postosuchus having more than one model. But since this is very off topic (Dan said this line would be dinosaurs only) I invite you to start a thread on model rauisuchians. If there are more out there that I don't know about I would love to find out!
I just feel there aren't more rauisuchian toys than I expected there to be.  There's more or less the amount I expected there to be.  I knew of the JP Ornithosuchus, but Ornithosuchus isn't a rauisuchian although it seems to be very closely related to them.  I knew of the Saurosuchus resin figures from Japan, but I didn't know of the small plastic version of it!  That's cool!  Maybe now I feel there are more than I expected there to be! :))  I think a rauisuchian thread would be nice, although as the only one I still have is the Safari toob Postosuchus, I'm not sure I'd be a good choice to start the thread!

I noticed in your last post, your first quoted post said, "Transcaucasia are not widely known to the general public."  Er, was that an autocorrect gone wrong or something?

amargasaurus cazaui

Once we decide if there are enough or not...do we get to argue wether to give em feathers and quills or no? :o :o :o :o
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: