News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Unofficial poll question about new Terra Series from Battat

Started by loru1588, August 26, 2014, 08:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: ltokuda on September 04, 2014, 02:01:48 AM
Here's my picks:

Megalosaurus (23 feet) - First dinosaur ever named!  For historical reasons, this would be great.
Einiosaurus (15 feet) - Cool horn!
Kosmoceratops (15 feet) - Most decorated ceratopsian!
Concaventor (20 feet) - It looks pretty unique.
Europasaurus (20 feet) - Smallest sauropod ever!  It's a nice contrast to the larger sauropods and offers a great opportunity to talk to your kids about evolutionary pressure.
Monolophosaurus (18 feet) - Another unique looking therapod.
Icthyovenator (25 feet) - Cool double sail!
Diabloceratops (15 feet) - Another great frill to work with!
Herrerasaurus (10-20 feet) - It would be nice to give the Triassic more representation.
He said no Ichthyovenator due to fragmentary remains.Glad you suggested Concavenator as well,it would be interesting how Dan takes on this carcharodontosaur.And how it is compared to Carnegie's recent attempt.
It could even be better! That being said,no line is complete without Allosaurus and Spinosaurus.And the good thing is that this line hasn't done a Spinosaurus before,so he'd have to base it on these latest finds,for it being accurate,of course.Being a fan of this family of dinosaurs,this recent find makes those guys much more interesting.
Oh,Dan,please,if you have any say on the figures will be made,pleaaaasee,do a Yutyrannus or a Concavenator,my country's coolest dinosaur.It has really good remains and a good size too.
BTW,Dan would it be possible to do an Agujaceratops in the Terra series,just like your resin kit,but in smaller scale?

amargasaurus cazaui

Since world war 2, we have less than fragmentary remains for Spinosaurus A. ....until the new material is made availible at least.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 05, 2014, 01:46:36 PM
Since world war 2, we have less than fragmentary remains for Spinosaurus A. ....until the new material is made availible at least.

What im wondering is how much of the new material is there?   Is Good Ole Spinny going to be a better known species with a Better Skeleton?

Also I would love Dan to make a Concavenator as its my favorite dinosaur next to Dilophosaurus

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Takama on September 05, 2014, 02:00:43 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 05, 2014, 01:46:36 PM

What im wondering is how much of the new material is there?   Is Good Ole Spinny going to be a better known species with a Better Skeleton?

Also I would love Dan to make a Concavenator as its my favorite dinosaur next to Dilophosaurus

Is it possible this could be a different spinosaurus, than Spinosaurus A?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

i will be happy I think since two of my main choices have been popping up alot on peoples lists, that being Plateosaurus and the other Herrerasaurus. I admit one of my all time favorite dinosaur models is my Shapeways version of this dinosaur.
  I am sad the psittacosaurus, pegomastax, and most similar dinosaurs are far too small for the voting, or I would of course have chosen those.

grantharding

Don't know if this thread is still active, but Einiosaurus, Pentaceratops, and Plateosaurus would all be cool too.

loru1588

grantharding: 2 out of the 3 you mentioned are in the works

DinoLord

Quote from: loru1588 on October 04, 2014, 01:12:01 AM
That's awesome! 2015 is going to be a great year for dinosaur toys...  ;D

Yutyrannus

Good to see you back on this forum!

So 2 out of Einiosaurus, Pentaceratops, and Plateosaurus? Sounds cool :)!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

John

Rampant speculation based on next to nothing time! :D
I'm going to guess that the two of three correctly mentioned by grantharding are:

Einiosaurus and Pentaceratops

And for good measure,I'm also going to throw out the name Majungasaurus too. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

John

Quote from: docronnie on October 04, 2014, 08:43:06 AM
Would love to have another Ceratopsian. 😊
I agree with you on that. :)
And fortunately,there WILL be at least one other ceratopsian.Whether it be Einiosaurus or Pentaceratops,it's going to be something to look forward to. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

loru1588

The 2nd Terra Series: Dan LoRusso Collection will have 2 ceratopsians ( 1 mentioned above and 1 not mentioned in this post)

DinoLord

Hm, so that confirms Plateosaurus then?  >:D

I hope these are still selling well as more collectors get theirs. They're already making it to quite a few people overseas!

amargasaurus cazaui

and this tickles me to no end because Dan has just as much as said one of the new series will be Plateosaurus !!!

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 04, 2014, 08:52:27 PM
and this tickles me to no end because Dan has just as much as said one of the new series will be Plateosaurus !!!

Me too, and it will no doubt be highly accurate which is very exciting. I love the Carnegie and CollectA models but I know we can get something better from Dan.

Daspletodave

Since the Dinosaur Studio has an Einiosaurus, I'm gonna bet that is one of the ceratopsians.
Dan said the 2nd one has NOT been mentioned in this post- could it be Albertaceratops?
Other ceratopsians not mentioned previously anywhere in this thread include Anchiceratops, Arrhinoceratops, Diceratops, Brachyceratops, Avaceratops, Leptoceratops, Montanoceratops, Zuniceratops, Mojoceratops, Medusaceratops, and Eotriceratops.
And seemingly a new one being discovered and named every week.

Sim

Quote from: DinoLord on October 04, 2014, 08:51:02 PM
Hm, so that confirms Plateosaurus then?  >:D

I hope these are still selling well as more collectors get theirs. They're already making it to quite a few people overseas!
Hehe yeah, that's Plateosaurus confirmed!

I'm happy to hear Plateosaurus is coming, it's one of the ones I wanted, and one that many other members of this forum wanted!  It was one of my guesses for the next batch of Battat dinosaurs!  I wasn't expecting TWO ceratopsians though!  The ones big enough for this line all have basically the same body with just a different head...  I don't like them as much as most other dinosaur groups though, although it's likely I'll like the new Battat ones, given how wonderful the dinosaurs Dan makes are!  Plateosaurus will be the first Triassic Battat dinosaur!  Will it share that though?  Herrerasaurus was another popular choice on here...  I'm hoping that's one of the other new Battat dinosaurs!

Quote from: Gwangi on October 05, 2014, 12:30:16 AM
Me too, and it will no doubt be highly accurate which is very exciting. I love the Carnegie and CollectA models but I know we can get something better from Dan.
Yeah, it will be accurate and I bet it will look great!  It's really exciting! :D  Plateosaurus' hands are very distinctive and unusual, but the hands on both the CollectA and Carnegie ones are wrong and don't show this.

I ordered the 4 available Battat Terra dinosaurs from Dan's Dinosaurs a few days ago.  They're the first figures I buy in years!  Shipping to the UK is really expensive, and these figures being exclusive to Target brick and mortar stores means there's even more I need to pay on top of the shipping and the figures original price - just the 4 figures has cost me just over $90!  I'm willing to pay this as it covers what Dan's dinos Dan needs to kindly provide these figures, and what's needed for me to get these figures (and for me they are worth getting).  Dean of DeJankins very kindly offered to send me the 4 dinos for about $20 less but he'd have had to go and buy them from a Target for me, and with it being uncertain on whether they'd still be in stock at his Target, I decided to go with Dan's dinos.  I still need to thank Dean and let him know!  As it is, it's extremely expensive to get these figures for those outside of America.  I really hope that the Battat dinosaurs doing well will lead to them becoming more widely available once again!  They're the only figures I'm interested in having at the moment!

DinoLord

@Sim: Glad to hear that the figures are making their way overseas; there's actually a chance that yours may be from my local Targets as I helped out Dan with supplying some. Unfortunately the boxes on these do bump up shipping quite a bit - it cost me $26 to send three to Germany!

Sim

Quote from: DinoLord on October 05, 2014, 03:54:20 AM
@Sim: Glad to hear that the figures are making their way overseas; there's actually a chance that yours may be from my local Targets as I helped out Dan with supplying some. Unfortunately the boxes on these do bump up shipping quite a bit - it cost me $26 to send three to Germany!
You guys are so lucky you can find them in a local store!  For me it's a dream to find amazing dinosaur figures in a local store!  London has a surprisingly poor choice of dinosaur figures.  As an adult all I've seen is Schleich, the mostly bad figures in the Natural History Museum and more recently some Papo.  When I was a kid though, the dinosaur figures found here were Carnegie, Invicta, Jurassic Park, AAA and... Battat!  I find there's been a change for the worse.  It annoys me.

Was the $26 just the shipping?  It's good to get confirmation the boxes bump up shipping.  Although from what I've heard the boxes sound great with how they're a diorama and have detailed information on the dinosaur on the back!  So I think I'll want to have the boxes too!

I'm happy I can support Dan LoRusso and Battat who are producing these wonderful figures!  I'd just prefer it if it wan't so expensive for me to do so!  I guess it's less expensive than for me to travel to a Target to get the figures!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: