News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Unofficial poll question about new Terra Series from Battat

Started by loru1588, August 26, 2014, 08:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loru1588

So this discussion didn't get too far off track now did it?

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 30, 2014, 02:09:50 PM
Once we decide if there are enough or not...do we get to argue wether to give em feathers and quills or no? :o :o :o :o

There are never enough, but I do feel like there are more than one would expect.  ;D But you shouldn't bring up such things, even in jest. You know there are members lurking around just waiting to bring up the whole "feathers were basel to archosaurs" argument.

Transcaucasia? That was not an auto-correct (I'm on a laptop) but I may have accidentally spell checked it without thinking. Very strange, obviously not the word I intended to use. That is indeed the word it suggests as a correction for rauisuchians.

And with that I'm done going off topic. Once I get the time I'll take a group shot of my rauisuchians and start a proper thread about them. That said, I bet Dan would make some lovely rauisuchians, if only he could.  :(

Sim

Quote from: Gwangi on October 30, 2014, 06:27:56 PM
Transcaucasia? That was not an auto-correct (I'm on a laptop) but I may have accidentally spell checked it without thinking. Very strange, obviously not the word I intended to use. That is indeed the word it suggests as a correction for rauisuchians.
Hehe, it made me laugh when I saw it!  I'm done going off topic too.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: loru1588 on October 30, 2014, 05:11:37 PM
That isnt even fair Dan, I hadnt even gotten to mention my cat yet !!!! ;D ;D ;D
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

loru1588

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 30, 2014, 09:05:31 PM
Quote from: loru1588 on October 30, 2014, 05:11:37 PM
That isnt even fair Dan, I hadnt even gotten to mention my cat yet !!!! ;D ;D ;D

Does it have a furry covering?? You know not ALL cats have furry coverings.... or manes! Does it have a mane?? :o

Gwangi

loru1588

Well the next 2 resin masters as well as the paint masters are with Battat now. Almost done with  the 3rd piece of the 2nd Series. Also sent off 2 more repaints of the former MOS Boston series.

Concavenator

Quote from: loru1588 on November 08, 2014, 06:06:01 AM
Well the next 2 resin masters as well as the paint masters are with Battat now. Almost done with  the 3rd piece of the 2nd Series. Also sent off 2 more repaints of the former MOS Boston series.
Great!Can't wait to see the 2015 figures!  :D

loru1588

Awaiting sales figures for the series. I hope it's all positive so I can continue with this line beyond what I am working on!!

Takama

Yikes I pray its all positive. (Oh God, Please let it be positive) :'(

DinoLord

It should be positive; I've bought up hundreds of dollars of worth to help distribute them to those without local Targets!

loru1588

Quote from: DinoLord on November 11, 2014, 01:50:50 AM
It should be positive; I've bought up hundreds of dollars of worth to help distribute them to those without local Targets!

You and me both!!! Helping my own cause!!

stegosauria

If the poll is open yet I would add some names too.

Huayangosaurus taibaii or Miragaia longicollum or Wuerhosaurus homheni -no, I'm not a stegosauriafan  ::) but I would be very happy with any stegosaurids
Chasmosaurus (belli or russelli)
Irritator challengeri
Lambeosaurus lambei
Magyarosaurus dacus (6 m) - because I'm a Hungarian (aka magyar in Hungarian) but unfortunately now the discovering site is in the middle of Romania, and was described by baron Ferenc Nopcsa and I don't think there is any Magyarosaurus toy, sculpt or anything like that.
Hungarosaurus tormai - maybe a little small with an estimated 4 m size but there is a lifesize restoration in the Hungarian Natural History Museum and now is known 5 specimens from that nodosaurid if I knew this well (from Iharkút (Hungary) this species has the most remains).

And I think there is few in the market about ornithomimids and pachycephalosaurids but can't decide about which ones are the best- maybe Ornithomimus and Pachycephalosaurus (these groups' usual members are smaller than it was requered).

It's so hard to decide.

Concavenator

I think  a Concavenator by Dan would be awesome,and I think it's a gorgeous suggestion.Hope he considers it.

triceratops83

Chasmosaurus sounds good, there are plenty of kits around but for such a well known animal it only has one easy to get basic figure - the poor collecta version. As for Lambeosaurus, I'd rather magnicristatus, there's a few lambei.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Sim

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 10, 2014, 04:17:16 AM
As for Lambeosaurus, I'd rather magnicristatus, there's a few lambei.
None of the lambei are that good though.  I'd prefer Lambeosaurus lambei, it looks very distinctive!

loru1588

Concavenator & Chasmosaurus are on my short list ( which is far from being short!!) Lambeosaurus and other larger Hadrosaurs would fit into the former MOS Series as again I am restricted to the 5" to 7" guidelines in the Terra Series.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Georassic

Dan, will the BMOS Stegosaurus ungulates be updated to a presently accepted species? Sorry if this question has already been addressed...I haven't found anything in the threads.

Chad

Hey Dan. If you need a moderately sized hadrosaur for Terra line, there's always Tethyshadros, the dwarf hardosaur from Italy. The skeleton is unbelievably complete, too, and it's just a really neat dinosaur to boot.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: