News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

what is your favorite cartoon ? :D

Started by Arul, September 30, 2014, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newt

Futurama has to be my all-time favorite. Archer is my favorite current cartoon. I love anything by the Fleischer Bros (Betty Boop, Popeye, Superman, and the absolutely bonkers Out of the Inkwell, etc.), Tom and Jerry, anything by Tex Avery, Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies, the classic Disney shorts, Woody Woodpecker, Rocky and Bullwinkle, all that good old stuff.

It seems a lot of you are into anime. I've only seen the shows that came on American TV, and of those I really like Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and Inuyasha. Most of the rest do nothing for me.

I don't get to watch much TV these days, but the bits of current cartoons I've seen display an astonishing range of diversity (when I was a kid, back in the 1980s, we had two kinds of cartoons: boy cartoons and girl cartoons), style (see above), and a pretty consistently high level of quality in writing and execution. Lucky kids.

We're really living in a great time for animation - maybe the best since the Golden Age of Animation in the 30s and 40s. For all the nostalgia people of my generation have for the poorly written, poorly animated (but often well-designed and -voiced) half-hour toy commercials that passed for cartoons in our day, they can't compare to what's available now. The only relief we got was from the constant reruns of older cartoons that had slightly less contempt for their audience. There were certainly no prime-time cartoons aimed at adults; the Flintstones were long gone and the Simpsons yet to arrive.

stargatedalek

Oh Futurama, such an amazing show! If only it had lasted longer, but I suppose they did well to stay on as long as they did with how many times they got cancelled...

I haven't seen many animated shows from the 1980's, but Dinoriders is one I will always adore.

suspsy

Adventure Time, hands down. Wonderful style, multi-faceted characters, multiple ongoing plotlines, and above all, it's fun to watch.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Invicta Hunter

Some of my favorites are Gargoyles, Cow and Chicken, Beast Wars, Johnny Bravo and Dragonball Z.

Dinomike

As a kid I really enjoyed Ducktales! And even though I enjoyed H-Man, TMNT and the Simpsons Ducktales still has a special place in my heart.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on October 02, 2014, 03:06:53 AM
Don't forget Ren and Stimpy.

Haha! That was hilarious! Thanks for reminding!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Derek.McManus

Sophia the First! (I watch it with my daughter)

stargatedalek

I just finished watching Fate Zero a few days ago with my boyfriend,  it's one of his favorites and now one of mine too.
I decided to show him Bakemonogatari so now we're watching that (for me re watching).

Concavenator

My favorite anime was Naruto.However,it finished last year,so now I don't see any.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Way too many to keep track of...though I haven't watched an animated U.S. show since I think Ben 10 on CN.  The 80's/90's stuff was pretty sweet though.  Anime..I just wrapped up watching A Certain Scientific Railgun S yesterday..now I'm watching Bento, Kamisama Kiss and I'm considering starting Nobunaga The Fool..lol  I am still watching Naruto/ One Piece/Fairy Tail dubbed as it's released so no spoilers! ;)

Arul

Quote from: Concavenator on April 28, 2015, 07:00:20 AM
My favorite anime was Naruto.However,it finished last year,so now I don't see any.

the new story is out now in the comic. they are become parents :D

tyrantqueen

Two cartoons I'm following at the moment. Sonic Boom and Robots in Disguise 2015.

I didn't play Sonic Boom (and I'm glad I didn't, because apparently it sucks) and I really don't care for the redesigns, but I enjoy the cartoon very much. It has a feel like AoStH, which was my fave Sonic cartoon growing up. I always enjoy the American based Sonic media.

As for Robots in Disguise, I loved Transformers Prime and I'm liking where this is going so far. I don't like Bumblebee as a character but hopefully when season two rolls out (pun intended) Optimus Prime will take centre stage. I'm also hoping my favourite character will show up.

I don't watch anime anymore and I hate most anime out today. I still like some '80s and early '90s stuff but...ehhhh.

QuoteFuturama has to be my all-time favorite. Archer is my favorite current cartoon. I love anything by the Fleischer Bros (Betty Boop, Popeye, Superman, and the absolutely bonkers Out of the Inkwell, etc.), Tom and Jerry, anything by Tex Avery, Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies, the classic Disney shorts, Woody Woodpecker, Rocky and Bullwinkle, all that good old stuff.
Speaking of Looney Tunes, remember this episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2tgbncOoMk

Btw, that caveman was a jerk.

Doug Watson

In keeping with the dinosaur that I am, growing up it was Bugs Bunny and the rest of the classic looney tunes, great hand drawn animation and humour for kids and adults. Especially loved the Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheep Dog series. Also any of the Disney Humphrey the Bear cartoons will bring me to tears of laughter. Also liked the original Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons including Peabody's Improbable History. Lots of adult jokes (I don't mean dirty) mixed in with the slapstick. The actual animation got really lazy after the 70s (due to cost) and todays stuff just doesn't do anything for me a lot of the prime time stuff is just too cynical or perverted for my taste.

postsaurischian

As a kid I loved the Peanuts :).
Today I'm totally addicted to everything Hayao Miyazaki is involved in (if this still counts as cartoon).
I can't really say what I like the most. Spirited Away maybe :-\.

Concavenator

Quote from: ARUL on April 28, 2015, 07:28:38 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on April 28, 2015, 07:00:20 AM

the new story is out now in the comic. they are become parents :D
Oh,has it?  :D WOW,I'm so excited! I knew they became parents though.I hope the new story is as amazing as the original one!  :)

Patrx

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 28, 2015, 03:23:03 AM
I just finished watching Fate Zero a few days ago with my boyfriend,  it's one of his favorites and now one of mine too.
I decided to show him Bakemonogatari so now we're watching that (for me re watching).

Interesting! My friends and I just started Fate Stay/Night (to which Zero is a preqel) at the behest of my roommate. And, he recently finished Bakemonogatari, of which I have seen the first two episodes. It seems pretty good, though I insist upon calling it "Backgammon Atari"  :))

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2015, 07:08:15 AM
I just wrapped up watching A Certain Scientific Railgun S yesterday
Awesome, that's my favorite anime series, although a few others come close ;)

Quote from: Patrx on April 28, 2015, 03:16:06 PM
Interesting! My friends and I just started Fate Stay/Night (to which Zero is a preqel) at the behest of my roommate. And, he recently finished Bakemonogatari, of which I have seen the first two episodes. It seems pretty good, though I insist upon calling it "Backgammon Atari"  :))
Fate Stay/Night is also good, (I saw it a few months back). I haven't read the VN or watched any of the other anime adaptations yet.

"Backgammon Atari" perfect 8)

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 28, 2015, 09:41:39 AMAs for Robots in Disguise, I loved Transformers Prime and I'm liking where this is going so far. I don't like Bumblebee as a character but hopefully when season two rolls out (pun intended) Optimus Prime will take centre stage. I'm also hoping my favourite character will show up.
I haven't started it yet, but I absolutely loved TF Prime, so perhaps I should ;D

tyrantqueen

QuoteI haven't started it yet, but I absolutely loved TF Prime, so perhaps I should
It's much lighter in tone than Prime so far. I liked the seriousness of Prime personally but I know that bothered some people.

Raptoress

Ed Edd 'n' Eddy. Classic. Makes me laugh every time with all the jokes I never got when I was younger.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 28, 2015, 11:22:43 PMIt's much lighter in tone than Prime so far. I liked the seriousness of Prime personally but I know that bothered some people.
That was also something I really liked about Prime, I also liked the art style but I can understand why it got mixed opinions on it (being so different from (most) other TF programs).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: