News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Here is the closest i can get to the Figure.   No arms

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on November 07, 2014, 09:21:49 PM
Quote from: FlorianHere are the other dinosaurs (the two first are in a normal size) and the other are not mini but "Klein"

I like the new spino :)

Really i am disappointed that Schleich is being lazy and just making multiple versions of Dinosaurs THEY ALREADY JUST MADE! They could of Called the New Giga a Mapusaurus, and the Spinosaur an Irritator. Of course it would be different if they retired the models that came before, but i don't see that happening acording to there retired list.

Im losing faith in this company.

When it comes to dinosaurs, I never have any faith in Schleich, period. The Giganotosaurus and the Spinosaurus look like they have birth defects.

Still....after years and years of seeing the same horrid small dinosaurs clogging shelves in various stores, I am glad to see a new batch. The Therizinosaurus is lame and the armless Carnotaurus makes no sense, but I do like the spiffy rainbow-themed T. rex!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Meso-Cenozoic

Well these new additions are a real motley crew. :-X  Are those canine fangs on the Spino? I am liking some of the color patterns. (That's about the most positive thing I can say right now.) :P

Takama, what do you mean by "Klein" when referring to size? Kleinwelka?? If so, about what scale are they -- 1/45?

tyrantqueen

Okay, I think I've figured it out. The Carno does have arms. It was a combination of low resolution and the fact that the hand is hidden behind the knee.

Now I will proceed to never look at this model again >:D

tyrantqueen

QuoteTakama, what do you mean by "Klein" when referring to size? Kleinwelka?? If so, about what scale are they -- 1/45?
Klein is what Schleich referred to them as. Klein is German for little or small, afaik.

Turret

The Kentrosaurus was a promising start but the rest of the line is a dissapointment to me. I was expecting something like that.
Now if I understand these (minus the spino and giga resculpt) will be part of the small dinos line and the minis will be a line of their own?

CityRaptor

Yes, these wiull replace the current batch of small Dinos, hile the Minis will be a different line.  These guys will be sold for 6,79€ while the Minis will be sold for 3,49€.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 09, 2014, 06:34:14 AM
Okay, I think I've figured it out. The Carno does have arms. It was a combination of low resolution and the fact that the hand is hidden behind the knee.

Yep, that's where they are if it has any.

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2014, 03:14:17 AM
Still....after years and years of seeing the same horrid small dinosaurs clogging shelves in various stores, I am glad to see a new batch.
Yes, these guys have been around for 12 years...ironically some people on Ebay claim they are rare....

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2014, 03:14:17 AM
The Therizinosaurus is lame and the armless Carnotaurus makes no sense, but I do like the spiffy rainbow-themed T. rex!
Tyrant Rainbow King! ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Neon-Allo

And to think Schleich started out not too bad, then......the new releases... the thing thing that sets me off the most is the (supposedly) battle damaged Carnotaurus...I say battle damaged because it probably got its arms bit off by a bigger Theropod. :o

Neon-Allo

Oops, just noticed they are tucked away under the body, lol. :-[

Neon-Allo

I was also thinking the Rex looked like this picture.

CityRaptor

A resemblance is there.

Quote from: Neon-Allo on November 09, 2014, 04:02:55 PM
And to think Schleich started out not too bad, then......the new releases... the thing thing that sets me off the most is the (supposedly) battle damaged Carnotaurus...I say battle damaged because it probably got its arms bit off by a bigger Theropod. :o

Getting a Dinosaur with some well done battle damage would be nice.

And given the number of Schleich Dinosaurs ( expecially Tyrannosaurus ) with broken off arms that appear on Ebay....Guess that won't be a problem for the Carno.  ;D
Oh no

Neon-Allo

Resemblance? ???
What do you guys think resemblance or not?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Certainly..but I prefer the Safari version .

Gwangi

The only similarity I see is that they both belong to two similar looking genus. It's like looking at two Tyrannosaurus toys from different companies and commenting on the similarity. Of course there would be some degree of similarity right?

CityRaptor

Yes, I also think the similarity in this case is due to them being based on related species and both using a common pose.
Oh no

Megalosaurus

This figures have certain style  8) .
I can't resist to buy the gigaredsaurus, the green wolverinesaurus, the rainbowsaurus rex and the blue tripodtaurus.
Good job Schleich, you are going to get some money from me this 2015.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Rathalosaurus

The red one isn't an Allosaurus. It's a Giganotosaurus.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

CityRaptor

That's the third time someone called it an Allosaurus.
Oh no

Nobs

The blue carno, looks very similiar to their albertosaurus from the replica-saurus line that is retired!

From the pose, color, to the goofy looking toothy grin on its face!

Gryphoceratops

the wing finger on the new pterosaur I think is way too short.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: