News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

Wow this new wave surprise me: Specially the mammals, the acro and rex. Well t-rex feathers are fine, but I dont like the mohawk crest. The guidraco is very noticeable to have moveable jaw.

Rathalosaurus

Oh yeah!!!! They are a great improvement for CollectA. I would even say their're gorgeous!!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Gryphoceratops

That guidraco is stunning. 

The rex I am impressed with but the legs look weird.  Makes me wonder if it will balance...

As always I am happy that they are pumping out more ceratopids. 

Georassic

Has anyone seen the Guidraco figure in person? Info I've found on the holotype fossil says the skull is 38 centimeters long. At 1:4 scale, as CollectA has announced, the figure's skull would be 9.5 centimeters, or about 3.75 inches. That makes for a fairly large figure, larger even than their Hatzegopteryx, whose head is about 7 cm/2.75 inches. CollectA doesn't always report its scales accurately. (i.e. the Deluxe Pteranodon and Hylaeosaurus are nowhere near 1:40 scale.) I'm hoping the CollectA Guidraco actually comes in about 1:10 or 1:12; that would give the figure a head more than an inch long, which is more in line with CollectA's standard line. 

Concavenator

From CollectA's 2015 line up I'm getting for sure the Tyrannosaurus,Guidraco and Nasutoceratops.They are magnificent!

Patrx

Am I imagining it, or does the new Medusaceratops have the same odd snout issue as the earlier Xenoceratops, where it sort of looks as though the rostral bone is angled upward?

SBell

Quote from: Georassic on November 07, 2014, 04:32:32 PM
Has anyone seen the Guidraco figure in person? Info I've found on the holotype fossil says the skull is 38 centimeters long. At 1:4 scale, as CollectA has announced, the figure's skull would be 9.5 centimeters, or about 3.75 inches. That makes for a fairly large figure, larger even than their Hatzegopteryx, whose head is about 7 cm/2.75 inches. CollectA doesn't always report its scales accurately. (i.e. the Deluxe Pteranodon and Hylaeosaurus are nowhere near 1:40 scale.) I'm hoping the CollectA Guidraco actually comes in about 1:10 or 1:12; that would give the figure a head more than an inch long, which is more in line with CollectA's standard line.

These are pre-release stock photos of the 2015 figures, so it's unlikely that anyone has seen them in-hand yet. I could ask Anthony Beeson for details, but according to an email I received from him, the overall figure is 25cm x 25cm (l x w). Obviously, that's the overall area it fills.

Georassic

Quote from: SBell on November 07, 2014, 06:10:43 PM

These are pre-release stock photos of the 2015 figures, so it's unlikely that anyone has seen them in-hand yet. I could ask Anthony Beeson for details, but according to an email I received from him, the overall figure is 25cm x 25cm (l x w). Obviously, that's the overall area it fills.

Wow! That's a Deluxe-sized figure! Quite possibly 1:4 or close to...

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on November 07, 2014, 05:50:39 PM
Am I imagining it, or does the new Medusaceratops have the same odd snout issue as the earlier Xenoceratops, where it sort of looks as though the rostral bone is angled upward?

Looks that way, I commented on that a few pages back but no one else seemed to notice it. It's really bothersome, I won't be getting that model entirely for that reason.

Nebuloid

My favourites are the Guidraco and the T-rex ( except for the colours on the T-rex) .
I didn't like the Carcharodontosaurus this year, and I like the Acrocanthosaurus even less... Something about the sculpt just doesn't feel "right".
Oh well it saves money I suppose. 8)

A.Garcia

With this new angle the Daeodon still looks great (the Smilodon as well)! 8) I really love that picture of the Guidraco. It could be one of the best sculptures this next year; I don't see anything silly, except maybe some of the color. The standing azhdarchids looked "off" to me in a way this doesn't. I'm curious about the size, though. I also see the difference in the ceratopsian snouts, but I haven't organized my thoughts on this.

Based only on pictures, I may like the Acrocanthosaurus a bit more than the Carcharodontosaurus. The Tyrannosaurus has potential, with a nice head. Are these two supposed to have articulated jaws, though? Are they super-seamless, or does this have something to do with prototype pictures or slight retouching?...

Nebuloid

Quote from: A.Garcia on November 07, 2014, 07:11:12 PM
With this new angle the Daeodon still looks great (the Smilodon as well)! 8) I really love that picture of the Guidraco. It could be one of the best sculptures this next year; I don't see anything silly, except maybe some of the color. The standing azhdarchids looked "off" to me in a way this doesn't. I'm curious about the size, though. I also see the difference in the ceratopsian snouts, but I haven't organized my thoughts on this.

Based only on pictures, I may like the Acrocanthosaurus a bit more than the Carcharodontosaurus. The Tyrannosaurus has potential, with a nice head. Are these two supposed to have articulated jaws, though? Are they super-seamless, or does this have something to do with prototype pictures or slight retouching?...

I think these are still prototypes, no way the jaws would be this seamless...
And I agree, the new mammals look much nicer than the Dinosaurs.

Patrx

Quote from: Gwangi on November 07, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

Looks that way, I commented on that a few pages back but no one else seemed to notice it. It's really bothersome, I won't be getting that model entirely for that reason.

Aha, I've found your earlier post now. That issue really is distracting, I'm afraid it will keep the Medusaceratops off of my shelf as well. The Nasutoceratops looks much better, but not as excellent as the upcoming Safari one.

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on November 07, 2014, 07:49:13 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 07, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

Aha, I've found your earlier post now. That issue really is distracting, I'm afraid it will keep the Medusaceratops off of my shelf as well. The Nasutoceratops looks much better, but not as excellent as the upcoming Safari one.

Agreed, I prefer the Safari model but the CollectA Nasutoceratops is the only standard CollectA model I really like out of this batch. I'll probably get both...and the Battat. But as it stands the Safari take priority.

paleoferroequine

Quote from: SBell on November 07, 2014, 01:27:27 AM

I was going to say the same thing--I have no issue with tipping fr many of my based figures. Personally I like them, as it gives more freedom to the animal's body for poses (and no tripods).

And where is the Daeodon and Smilodon picture?

Oh right:

I'll be happy with these two, although they got the feet wrong with the Daeodon. Sigh! ::)  The only toes should be digit 3 and 4 touching the ground. Digits 2 and 5 are vestigial and shouldn't show at all, unlike the very prominent ones here. It's not a pig! Oh, well. I still want it.

postsaurischian

Quote from: paleoferroequine on November 07, 2014, 09:25:34 PM
I'll be happy with these two, although they got the feet wrong with the Daeodon. Sigh! ::)  The only toes should be digit 3 and 4 touching the ground. Digits 2 and 5 are vestigial and shouldn't show at all, unlike the very prominent ones here. It's not a pig! Oh, well. I still want it.

....... and give it a cool tuning-up ;D.

Gwangi

If I ever write a review for the thing I'll have to remember that. I do still plan on getting it.

Zhuchengotyrant

I want all the regular size o es and the 1:40 T.rex

The Tyrannosaurus is just awesome!!!!!!!
Until a real Zhuchengtyrannus comes( in 1:40 scale), this "T.rex" Will be my Zhuchengtyrannus! >:D
-Zhuchengotyrant

Meso-Cenozoic

I think I'll be getting the two new theropods, although the Acro's head looks a bit generic. And I'll probably be getting the first group of dinos too, plus I think the two mammals. The only one I'm really torn about getting is the Guidraco. At 1/4 scale, it's nearly 10"x10"! He'll look so out of proportion with my collection of mostly 1/35-1/40's. I wonder why they're making it so BIG? Also, is that darker line on its lower jaw where the hinge to open it is? If so, it would be opening up in front of the jaw's actual hinge. Hmm. Maybe it's just a paint detail.

For those of you who missed this page Everything Dinosaurs posted earlier, here are the scale sizes of these new additions...
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2014/11/07/new-collecta-models-part-2.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on November 09, 2014, 02:52:32 AM
I think I'll be getting the two new theropods, although the Acro's head looks a bit generic. And I'll probably be getting the first group of dinos too, plus I think the two mammals. The only one I'm really torn about getting is the Guidraco. At 1/4 scale, it's nearly 10"x10"! He'll look so out of proportion with my collection of mostly 1/35-1/40's. I wonder why they're making it so BIG? Also, is that darker line on its lower jaw where the hinge to open it is? If so, it would be opening up in front of the jaw's actual hinge. Hmm. Maybe it's just a paint detail.

For those of you who missed this page Everything Dinosaurs posted earlier, here are the scale sizes of these new additions...
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2014/11/07/new-collecta-models-part-2.html

I like all the larger pieces really. The bigger the better. lol

The Guidraco, I can actually buy two and make a nest for them and have them 1:1. Then I can add an adult..lol ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: