News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 05, 2014, 09:49:10 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on November 04, 2014, 11:58:24 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 04, 2014, 08:11:50 PM
Again, the only stand-mounted CollectA figure I currently own is the Tyrannosaurus rex w/Struthiomimus and I'm very glad to own that version instead of the previous one.
I own it too, but its never had any problems standing. I hope it's the same for the Bistaheversor. ^-^

My Bistaheversor does not suffer of any problem
Guess I chose the right model then. Yes!
like a bantha!

Everything_Dinosaur

Latest pics of new Collecta including Daeodon, Feathered T. rex, Acrocanthosaurus, Guidraco and Smilodon posted up on Everything Dinosaur Facebook page: Everything Dinosaur on Facebook

Takama

Acro

Guidraco

T.Trx

It seems like CollectA is Reusing bodys this year

Patrx

These look very promising to me, actually, aside from the Acrocanthosaurus, which has the same sunken skull and weird feet as some of CollectA's other efforts. The Guidraco is lovely, I like the eyes particularly. And the Tyrannosaurus is a huge improvement over their last one anatomically. I really appreciate CollectA's penchant for less-traditional reconstructions.

Raptoress

I absolutely love the dinosaurs, the mammals are well sculpted but I don't care for non-dinosaurs/pterosaurs. I don't even care that the Acrocanthosaurus looks like the Carcharodontosaurus. I just adore them anyway. And I don't even like the feathered Rex theory. I'll definitely be getting them.

John

My favorites of these 2015 releases so far is the Daeodon and Guidraco. ;D
Only two more left to see: Moropus and Temnodontosaurs. :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Roselaar

Fantastic T-Rex and Guidraco! I'm disappointed at the resculpted Carchar though, I had hoped for more originality. If this is the same size as the original though, it's still a smashing figure if you ignore its status as a resculpt.

Daspletodave

I won't be getting these. There is something odd-looking about the Acro- the proportions maybe. The Guidraco is just comical.
The feathered T-Rex has an interesting pose, but that hind leg looks  like it belongs on a bison or moose, not a dinosaur.
I will say that Collecta's sculpts are better than they were five years ago, but they still don't quite GET IT. Definitely not in the same class as Araki, Tokugawa, or LoRusso.

Bokisaurus

Wow, beautiful models! Love them all, the T-rex looks amazing, just hope it won't have any problems with stability given it's proportionate feet. It would look really nice with the baby one.
It looks like the sculptors were different, you can see the difference between the Acro and the Rex.
Love the pterosaur, too.
Finally, it looks like they pulled off the articulated jaw, it looks ( based on these photos anyway) seamless and nicely done. next year by far will be the strongest year fro CollectA :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Are these all Deluxe sized ?

If so I'd certainly buy all three.  The Acro does seem to be based on the Carcharo but it's not exactly the same..different enough I guess if they weren't placed side by side.  I like the detail.

The Guidraco is nicely done and the moving jaw isn't totally eye distracting.

The Rex's head looks based on the new Sideshow Rex..lol but it is feathered decently and will be a great example of that theory.

Gwangi

The Acro does look awfully...familiar. I still want it though, regardless if CollectA cheated or not. Acrocanthosaurus isone of my favorite theropods and if it is the same size as the Giga (though at 1:40 it shouldn't be) that would be even better.

The Guidraco does look kind of comical but I feel like some pterosaurs probably did anyway. I like it, I'll buy it.

The Tyrannosaurus is really cool, I dare say it may be the best T. rex on the market (certainly the best feathered) but it's a bit early to make that sort of claim. The feet do look a bit off but I'm willing to ignore that for an otherwise stellar model. Love the head on it.

alexeratops

Hmmm, interesting. The Acrocathosaurus seems off, somehow, I think the spine/sail should be on its neck, or go longer down its tail. Other wise, its okay. :)
Guidraco, wow! THis is amazing. I love the pose, and the articulation of the jaw doesn't seem as bad as other brands. Love the colors and detailing too. :D
The T-Rex I can't really judge until I get better photos, but right now, the articulation seems perfect (invisible seam) and I think the coloration is pretty natural. Though the sculpting is great, it seems like it's leaning to the side-- really bad. Other than that, pretty good.

This lots grade? 7/10. C :D
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

I can take or leave the Acro but the Guidraco and the Tyrannosaurus are gorgeous. Alas, I probably won't be buying because of scale *sob*

Pachyrhinosaurus

The Guidraco is certainly a must-have for me! The acro and rex are nice, too. I think CollectA should release more pterosaurs.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

stargatedalek

finally, a standing pterosaur that's not an azhdarchid!!! :D
I love it, the splayed toes and other subtle elements of its pose really help to set it apart, the bright colours may be off putting to some but I love them, they give it a very tropical feel and I think they suit the animal very well, and the moving jaw is done very inconspicuously which is nice

acrocanthosaurus being a re-sculpt doesn't bother me in the least (and no I'm not just saying that because I don't yet have the charcarodontosaurus :P )
the colours look very nice and natural, and the detail is crisp

tyrannosaurus is a real dozy!
just having a relatively mass produced (by comparison to the others available) feathered tyrannosaurus is one thing, but to have one with such a thick speculative coat makes it all the more unique
for some reason the paint app doesn't feel right to me, the feathers are coloured very nicely, and seem to be heavily inspired by pheasants, but the patterns amongst the feathers extend onto the bare parts of the head which feels odd, but it could just be the picture which admittedly doesn't give the best view of its head (nothing a quick touch up couldn't change anyway ;) )

I'm most looking forward to guidraco (namely I want to learn what size it will be!), but that tyrannosaurus is also a must have, the acrocanthosaurus is one I'll keep an eye out for

SBell

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 05, 2014, 09:49:10 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on November 04, 2014, 11:58:24 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 04, 2014, 08:11:50 PM
Again, the only stand-mounted CollectA figure I currently own is the Tyrannosaurus rex w/Struthiomimus and I'm very glad to own that version instead of the previous one.
I own it too, but its never had any problems standing. I hope it's the same for the Bistaheversor. ^-^

My Bistaheversor does not suffer of any problem

I was going to say the same thing--I have no issue with tipping fr many of my based figures. Personally I like them, as it gives more freedom to the animal's body for poses (and no tripods).

And where is the Daeodon and Smilodon picture?

Oh right:

sauroid

they all look awesome esp the T. rex and the mammals
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Oh, YES.

I am completely in love with that Tyrannosaurus rex. It combines beauty, majesty, and raw power in one awesome package. Hats off to CollectA for going all the way with those feathers! They sure have come a long, long way since the early dark days of Procon.

My only concern is stability, or the possible lack thereof. Fingers crossed.

The Acrocanthosaurus does indeed bear a very strong resemblance to last year's Carcharodontosaurus. But they are in the same family, after all.

The Guidodraco and the prehistoric mammals look great too.

Come on, 2015! I need that T. rex!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Arul

Smilodon is my fav  :D feathered t rex also  :) not like papo, collecta almost always made a sticky leg carnivore dino   :D hahaha

Saurian

wow, I'm excited, we have not seen all, because they have movable jaw :), only to appear on Ebay t rex I will buy it
Soory,my English is poor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: