News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

To be honest, this 2 does not excite me. But I'll buy them anyway, they are Battats and its collector value will rise over time.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Both excellent figures! The Pentaceratops is easily the best figure of the genus around.

Bokisaurus

I love the new ones, but not so excited about the  the paint design,  the sauropod in particular looks rough, hope these are just prototypes test. I can't wait to see there rest!  ;)

stargatedalek

I definitely like them
personally I love the paint schemes, they seem very natural

pascosaur

Bravo!
Great addition to the collection.

Alex-DinoFood

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do any of you guys if Battat will release a new version of their classic Diplodocus? If not this year then maybe the next?
That would be amazing. It's the one dinosaur model I always wanted to have but unfortunately is almost impossible to get... :-[

Concavenator

Quote from: Alex-DinoFood on December 01, 2014, 04:33:19 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do any of you guys if Battat will release a new version of their classic Diplodocus? If not this year then maybe the next?
That would be amazing. It's the one dinosaur model I always wanted to have but unfortunately is almost impossible to get... :-[
It WILL be re-released.

Alex-DinoFood

Oh, that would be amazing. In my opinion that's the best sauropod figure ever made except for the Sideshow Apatosaurus. But that's waaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range. :(

Meso-Cenozoic

YAY! Two more wonderful little figures!! ^-^

Zhuchengotyrant

I originally did not like the Penta. I knew the frill was large, but not that large! I did some quick research and the estimates of the skull is usually about half of the body. Nice sculpt!
-Zhuchengotyrant

loru1588

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 03, 2014, 02:11:48 PM
I originally did not like the Penta. I knew the frill was large, but not that large! I did some quick research and the estimates of the skull is usually about half of the body. Nice sculpt!

Yeah, it looked weird as I was sculpting it, but I kept measuring the photos I had of the skeletal mounts as well as the skeletal portraits I used as reference. HUGE head!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: loru1588 on December 04, 2014, 12:19:18 AM

Yeah, it looked weird as I was sculpting it, but I kept measuring the photos I had of the skeletal mounts as well as the skeletal portraits I used as reference. HUGE head!!!

Sometimes you just gotta go with what your references are telling you..even if it seems a bit..off. Right bud? lol

anchry6

I would like to have accurate information about the release dates of the figures of 2015.
Thank you.

:D

Zhuchengotyrant

I basically just lost $16!   ;D
-Zhuchengotyrant

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 04, 2014, 03:19:26 PM
I basically just lost $16!   ;D
Not at all..it will be there..sitting on your shelf. ;)

Think of it as an investment in your childhood. ;D

suchomimus

I'm appreciating Penta's large frill better in Patrx's pic. The colours also go well with its graceful and natural pose...so even if you have the dynamic Schleich's Penta, I don't see why you shouldn't get it!

Concavenator

I can't wait to see the others.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: loru1588 on December 04, 2014, 12:19:18 AM

Out of curiosity, which mounts did you use for Pentaceratops? The one famous one with a ridiculously large frill is (controversially) placed in Titanoceratops.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

loru1588

Composite skull based on AMNH 1624, MNA PL.1747, UNM FKK-081 (After LEHMAN, 1993). MNA Pl. 1747: Skull,SDNHM 43470 and the body  (mainily) from the OMNH as well as skeletaldrawings and other artists painting as well as sculpts.

triceratops83

Hey Dan, just wanna thank you for picking a "classic" ceratopsian. All the recent discoveries seem to catch everyone's attention, but most of us grew up with the same dozen or so genera for decades, and they usually get neglected. Pentaceratops is finally getting some love! Maybe one day we'll get an arrhinoceratops, wink, wink!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: