News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Damn,I can't wait to see the rest!Dan,have you finished any of the other 4? (Sorry if I'm a little impatient)

Zhuchengotyrant

I know! I am very excited for the Majungasaurus especially. I'm sorry if I'm impatient too, but seriously! Who WOULDN'T be?!?!
-Zhuchengotyrant

Concavenator

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 08, 2014, 07:41:24 PM
I know! I am very excited for the Majungasaurus especially. I'm sorry if I'm impatient too, but seriously! Who WOULDN'T be?!?!
Great to see you back!  :) Yeah,I'm looking for the Majungasaurus tbe most.I love that dinosaur,its weird proportions are just irresistible to me!  ;D

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Concavenator on December 08, 2014, 07:43:36 PM
Great to see you back!  :) Yeah,I'm looking for the Majungasaurus tbe most.I love that dinosaur,its weird proportions are just irresistible to me!  ;D
Yep. I'm back, and back with a bang. I've been gone because I've been busy. (First year in middle school!)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: loru1588 on December 06, 2014, 06:05:33 PM
Composite skull based on AMNH 1624, MNA PL.1747, UNM FKK-081 (After LEHMAN, 1993). MNA Pl. 1747: Skull,SDNHM 43470 and the body  (mainily) from the OMNH as well as skeletaldrawings and other artists painting as well as sculpts.

I just had to tell you, Dan, that cracked me up! Now THAT"S an answer!! LOL!

alexeratops

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 08, 2014, 07:46:42 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 08, 2014, 07:43:36 PM
Yep. I'm back, and back with a bang. I've been gone because I've been busy. (First year in middle school!)
Me too. ;)
like a bantha!

loru1588

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! I've slowed down a bit due to batteries of medical tests and physical therapy. Nasutoceratops will be off to the casters next week. Plateosaurus will be next. Hope to have the other 2 finished and in resin before spring. Long process, but these should all be available late 2015 with the Gastonia, Giganoraptor, Pentaceratops & Europasaurus available in the late spring early summer.

Concavenator

So maybe that means we can see the Nasutoceratops next week?!  :D
Because I'm really excited to see it.

Meso-Cenozoic

Hope all is well with you soon, Dan!

So the next group of figures won't be available till late Spring/early Summer? I thought it was said before that at least the Gastonia and Gigantoraptor would be out in January?

loru1588

I have no control of the release dates. The Gastonia & Gigantoraptor have been in production but Target may want the release of 4 dinosaurs at one time, hence making the release of the 4 pieces later. I believe I said  around or after January of next year.

Meso-Cenozoic

OK. Thanks, Dan! Gifts of new dinos should be a year-round event anyway. ;)

ItsTwentyBelow

Man, this is all still so exciting to me!

I still can't believe the Battat dinosaurs are back! Will be hard to wait for the next Terra series to release but I'll try to be patient, ha. I want everything we've seen so far that is unreleased, but I think I want the Pentaceratops most. So awesome.

I have all my Battat figures, both 90's and 2014, all arranged together right now on a shelf, and I'm always so impressed at how well the new figures just mesh so well with the originals in scale, quality, and appearance. They were already so good for the 90's. You can't really say that with most Carnegie figures from the 90's compared with those of recent years.

I'll be excited to hear when we eventually get more details about the re-release of the Boston Museum series, too  8)

Zhuchengotyrant

Any images on the other new sculpts?
-Zhuchengotyrant

triceratops83

Is there a potential release date for the BMOS figures yet? And will they be released together or in batches? I need to know how much longer I have to pace back and forth in anticipation. ::)
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

where do you get your Battat Terra in Australia?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on December 22, 2014, 01:11:25 PM
where do you get your Battat Terra in Australia?

Dan's Dinosaurs ;) We have Target here, but I can't see them getting the Battat line. I might email Minizoo, they've got all the major brands, but I doubt they could get them if it remains a Target exclusive.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Zhuchengotyrant

Yeah. Although mano countries have Target, only the one sin the US have the Terra dinosaurs. ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

deanm

Maybe fairer to say North American Target stores (as both the Us and Canadian Targets have them).

tanystropheus

The Gigantoraptor is pretty cool looking.

triceratops83

I got a question for Dan if he's around, does Battat try to influence the choice of dinosaur genera for the toy lines? Like, would they balk at the choice of say, something like a tenontosaurus when told it was a medium sized herbivore with no outstanding features over something more "sensational" like a theropod? Or are they easy going enough to run with the choices you make? Became curious when the Safari Edmontosaurus was retired and everyone here was wondering why. I know all companies are different but would like to hear your take on this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: