News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletodave

The Pentaceratops is AWESOME!!!!

Manatee

The Pentaceratops is amazing! The Europasaurus is decent, but the head is massive!

Dan

The model actually depicts a dwarf Europasaurus.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Gwangi on November 26, 2014, 11:24:11 PM
Very nice! I didn't know the Europasaurus had such a large head but I won't pretend that I know much about Europasaurus anyway.

It didn't... :( http://static.flickr.com/62/163236016_0ed2ef629f_o.jpg
Maybe it's the angle?

(Europasaurus is a dwarf species of brachiosaurid to start with, not sure what dwarf Europasaurs means or why such a thing would have a large head?)

Pentaceratops looks like a must buy!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

leidy

Damn, I like that Pentaceratops a lot.  Collecta and Safari have been doing some very good ceratopsians lately, but I think Battat's remain unsurpassed, and this is no exception.

I'll await better pictures of Europasaurus.  At the moment I'm thinking the neck looks a bit fat. 

Gwangi

I feel like it must just be the angle for the Europasaurus. I'll await Dan's explanation.

Takama

Manatee

alexeratops

Wow, they look really good in color! I think I'll get the Penta... no the Europo- no, both! And the ones we haven't seen yet! ANd 2016's! And 2017! AND ALL THE YEARS AFTERWARD! >:D

like a bantha!

Pachyrhinosaurus

I always liked the originality put into the original Battat figures and these are no different! I have also been a big fan of the stylistic wrinkles of the line. Its great to see these in color and I'm only more excited for the next ones.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

leidy

I like the Europosaurus a little more and the Penta a little less in these photos.  The colouring is great, but it seemed like the material in the previous photos showed up the detailing better. 

I suppose these are closer to the final product though.

ItsTwentyBelow

Oh my goodness...such wonderful figures!

The coloration on the Pentaceratops coupled with the sculpt makes it an amazing figure!

This Europasaurus really helps emphasize that it was a dwarfed form of brachiosaur. It will have a unique place in my collection.

Beautiful details all around. The fact that these adhere to 1:40 scale always seals the deal for me, too  8)

DinoLord

The Europasaurus is a very nice sculpt, though I can't really form a judgment on the color scheme with the angle the photo is at. The Pentaceratops is a great sculpt; it really shows off the anatomy well.

Neon-Allo

Love the sculpts, going to have to pick them both up when they are released! ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Penta looks pretty cool..though the paint placement make sit look like his head is overly HUGE..lol The Europa reminds me of a juvenile? Perhaps that is the intent?

sauroid

hope to see a better angle pic of the Europa
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

John

Very impressive,both of them.It takes me back a bit,seeing new sneak peeks at upcoming Battat dinosaurs. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

docronnie

That Pentaceratops is a beauty....
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

amargasaurus cazaui

I hope we get a sneak at that Plateosaurus, I have always felt the particular look of this dinosaur would just match Dan's sculpting style so well.......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: