News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World lego

Started by Takama, November 15, 2014, 10:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

my mom will buy me the i rex lego set... and since i was born in 2002 i dont have much jp only a raptor and stego compy frog from chaos theory so i am doing a mass purchase from lego and jw  i am very lucky
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

TJ_Terrorsaur

I got the Gallimimus lego set! It comes with the preorder of the Jurassic World lego game! :D

kreativtek

All Lego JW sets, even the cheapest ones, are way too expensive for me, which is why I went for the new video game. I love it! I've already completed the storyline from the first movie and started both Jurassic World and The Lost World. The game is fantastic when it comes to gameplay: fun, simple, and relaxing. In addition to missions, you can explore Isla Nublar (both JP and JW) and Isla Sorna (TLW and JP3) whenever you want. There are many secrets to discover and dinosaurs to collect.

CityRaptor

What about the dialogue. Is it taken direct from the movies or newly recorded?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

kreativtek

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 14, 2015, 08:26:50 PM

It's both, actually. In the original trilogy, dialogues are taken from the movies, which means that most characters don't talk very often. There's also that strange difference in quality between original dialogues and the newly recorded ones (for NPCs and such). On the other hand, Jurassic World uses almost all important dialogues from the movie and adds some new ones, many of which seem to be recorded by the cast (including Christ Pratt whose voice is relatively easy to recognize).

Raptoress

So I haven't been a fan of Lego since I was a kid, I mean I had some as a kid which I definitely enjoyed but was never a massive fan of it. I've been thinking of getting these sets, simply because I love the JP series. Would you guys recommend I get them? They seem pretty expensive, but look really cool. I'm not a fan of Lego at all, but again, these just look cool.

Takama

Legos have always been Expensive, and they Take up so much room when assembled.

However, the average life Span of a lego set is an entire year or so before its retired forever. so if you want to get any of the JP sets, get them now because next year the prices will skyrocket.

alexeratops

I want the Indomius Escape set so bad, but it's so expensive! I'm going to save up for my birthday! It looks so cool :D
like a bantha!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: alexeratops on June 15, 2015, 03:40:02 AM
I want the Indomius Escape set so bad, but it's so expensive! I'm going to save up for my birthday! It looks so cool :D

Toys R Us has layaway.  ;) That's how I secured mine.

suspsy

Given the staggering success of JW, I wonder if Lego is considering future JP sets for 2016 and beyond? It would be great to get minifigures of Ian Malcolm and Sarah Harding.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

LophoLeeVT

me too
by the way is the game avalible on 3ds?
if yes where can i get it?
any sugestions?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

CityRaptor

Quote from: kreativtek on June 14, 2015, 09:07:27 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on June 14, 2015, 08:26:50 PM

It's both, actually. In the original trilogy, dialogues are taken from the movies, which means that most characters don't talk very often. There's also that strange difference in quality between original dialogues and the newly recorded ones (for NPCs and such). On the other hand, Jurassic World uses almost all important dialogues from the movie and adds some new ones, many of which seem to be recorded by the cast (including Christ Pratt whose voice is relatively easy to recognize).

Ah, thank you.  I wondered about that since I saw a video of the LOTR one, where the dialogue seemed to directly come from the movies.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

kreativtek

Quote from: raptor64870 on June 18, 2015, 05:15:57 AM
me too
by the way is the game avalible on 3ds?
if yes where can i get it?
any sugestions?

To my knowledge, it's available on all popular platforms, including 3DS. Try Amazon or your local game seller.

LophoLeeVT

LophoLeeVT

Raptoress

So is it confirmed there will be a wave 2 of these sets? I haven't built Lego since I was a kid but I bought the Pteranodon Capture and Dilophosaurus Ambush sets and thoroughly enjoyed building them. I definitely plan on getting the rest of the sets. The only thing I'd say is I wish there was more variety of species. Would love to see more herbivores like a Triceratops or an Apatosaurus.

LophoLeeVT

ther ar eno herbivores..
there might be a ankylosaurus.. if so i would like to have one

TJ_Terrorsaur

If they do release more I do hope they wait until next year, my dinosaur budget is being aimed at Rebor right now. I think my head would explode if they came out with more so soon.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Sorry for the double post.
I've been playing Lego Jurassic World and I'm really hoping they come out with more sets because I really want to have more lego dinosaurs to put on my shelf. The mosasaurus in the game looks so cool, as does the pachy.

DinoToyForum

We need a separate thread for Jurassic World Lego Game (as opposed to lego toys)!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: