News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 02, 2015, 02:24:14 PM
Did the running rex come out mid-year? I sort of remember it, particularly the brown version, being found in a store before it appeared in the catalog.

That was some sort of Christmas exclusive for a specific store.

anchry6

Quote from: RolandEden on December 27, 2014, 02:17:13 PM
Quote from: Manatee on December 27, 2014, 02:13:27 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 27, 2014, 01:49:45 PM
Quote from: Manatee on December 27, 2014, 12:57:59 PM
Where was a Giganotosaurus more or less confirmed?

A Giganotosaurus-like mystery figure turned up in Papo's upcoming mini dino tub. Stands out because all of the other minis are based on the larger existing figures. Hey, this just occurred to me - maybe they did it to shut everyone up. "Ugh, you want a Giganotosaurus? Fine here's one, now leave us alone!"
Do you mean the 2014 mini dino tub? That one contains a Tyrannosaurus, "Velociraptor", Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Triceratops.
I think he is reffering to this new one.

I believe that Papo wanted to do both an Apatosaurus and a Giganotosaurus (as requested by us !!) but for a few problems it had to postpone the release of Giganotosaurus probably next year or maybe in December this year.

:D

suspsy

I must confess, the jerk in me would love it if Papo now considers the Giganotosaurus request fulfilled. Moving on to the Iguanodon and Ceratosaurus! :D
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SpartanSquat

Hey people, I remember Papo Allosaurus is based in Brett Booth Allosaurus.

And seen mini giganotosaurus I saw they used Brett Booth designs

triceratops83

Well, Brett Booth DOES draw the best Giganotosaurs.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tanystropheus

I agree. Papo is more likely to base the Giga interpretation on Brett Booth's rendition. The Schleich Gigas appear to be based on DK's vision.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd buy a Giga based on Brett's art.

sauroid

now it's even more exciting to wait for the Papo Giganotosaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Quote from: sauroid on January 05, 2015, 09:01:55 AM
now it's even more exciting to wait for the Papo Giganotosaurus.
Eh,Papo hasn't done a full-size Giganotosaurus yet,don't forget!  ;) It's possible,I won't lie,but you may never know...

Arul

Yeahh more clue getting more excited right now  :))

SpartanSquat

Well, the 2 carcharoddontosaurids from Brett that I posted are: Carcharodontosaurus and Tyrannotitan. I think the Giganotosaurus will be released at the end of the year like Coelodonta, Mosasaurus and Oviraptor

Lusotitan

Seeing as the mini has the outdated skull arangement, seems it would be inaccurate if they even make one.

CityRaptor

Well, the Minis are not really good representations of the big ones.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Manatee

I'd definitely buy a Giga based off of Brett's artwork. He's great at drawing carnosaurs. As for the head sculpt, I wouldn't get too worried: their mini "Velociraptor" looks like this (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2905/14306943156_1b989477a0.jpg), so they aren't good representations of the actual model.

DinoG

I really hope you guys are right and Papo is cooking up something for later in the year
Run!

Dobber

Wow! I'd love to see what Papo would do with a Giganatosaurus. Exciting possibility ^-^

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Arul

Have you ever heard about this ?

Rathalosaurus

Of course. We were talking about this tube all the time. Just look a few posts above.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

triceratops83

That Tupuxuara in the banner is starting to get to me. I want it.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arul

Just want to give the picture  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: