News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 15, 2015, 10:54:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2015, 08:35:46 AM
Quote from: sauroid on January 15, 2015, 08:06:36 AM
i just hope they'd still put out a massive Apato in the future

If they still call it a juvenile then maybe we will get a larger one.

I really hope that Papo names it Juvenile Apatosaurus. It would give some hope for a future much larger Apato release. However, knowing Papo, they might just name it "Brontosaurus". Papo named the Carnotaurus, a "Carnosaurus".
It is called Apatosaurus. This image from the Papo Catalog shows that.

Also, they called their Carnotaurus a Carnosaurus?

triceratops83

They just call it Carnosauria
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Meso-Cenozoic

Darn. It does sound like it's going to be a smaller Apato. His length, horizontally should be longer than the Brachio, not the same. Shoot! Maybe they're afraid of the retail cost if they had gone bigger. I know us collectors would have paid higher, but would the general toy buyers? Maybe they're also testing the waters and seeing if this size sells well first. Didn't the Brachio not sell as well as they thought it should?

But at 14.5", he'll be a nice size with the WS Jurassic period dinos. Their newer Allosaurus and Stegosaurus would probably look really nice displayed alongside it. IDK, I'm just trying to think ahead with some optimism. But I'm still more on the side of wanting a more massive size.

I think kreativtek said it best...
Quote from: kreativtek on January 15, 2015, 08:23:34 AM
There's something about massive sauropod models that excites me beyond my understanding.

gfxtwin

have the release dates been announced?

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has a meeting with Papo next week, we shall see the new models including the 37cm long young Apatosaurus, we expect to have these items in stock around February sometime, a more accurate release date will be posted up on our Facebook page, blog etc.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 16, 2015, 07:06:07 AM
Everything Dinosaur has a meeting with Papo next week, we shall see the new models including the 37cm long young Apatosaurus, we expect to have these items in stock around February sometime, a more accurate release date will be posted up on our Facebook page, blog etc.

Thank you, we appreciate the information. Also, can you relay our interest in a Giganotosaurus :). I think Papo already knows, but just in case  ;D

Arul

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on January 16, 2015, 07:06:07 AM

Thats great thx for the info  :) please tell them to make/remake the mosasaur  :( hehehe

dragon53

Thanks for clearing that up about the young Apatosaurus vs Brachiosaurus.....so maybe I'll pretend it's an adult Apatosaurus at a different scale than the other Papo dinosaurs. ;)

Arul

Quote from: dragon53 on January 16, 2015, 07:49:27 AM
Thanks for clearing that up about the young Apatosaurus vs Brachiosaurus.....so maybe I'll pretend it's an adult Apatosaurus at a different scale than the other Papo dinosaurs. ;)

Imagination-mode On  :P :))

SpartanSquat

Thanks for the info Everything Dinosaurs! One question, the theropod in the Mini Tube 2, what is?

Dobber

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 16, 2015, 03:16:17 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong....aren't Carnosaurs (Carnosaurids) a theropod clade that includes Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and Giginatosaurus. As opposed to the Coelurosaurid clade that includes the Maniraptors, Tyrannosaurs, and birds?

I only ask as I don't want to be misinformed and use an improper term.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I checked the length of the new Apatosaurus against the Dinostoreus staute as I figured they might be roughly the same size but the Dinostoreus is about 19" long. Granted that is stretched out so the Papo Apato is probably 17" long give or take when you stretch it out. So scale wise..1:60 ?

triceratops83

Quote from: Dobber on January 16, 2015, 02:13:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong....aren't Carnosaurs (Carnosaurids) a theropod clade that includes Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and Giginatosaurus. As opposed to the Coelurosaurid clade that includes the Maniraptors, Tyrannosaurs, and birds?

Chris

Yes, you're absolutely right and Carnotaurus is a ceratosaur. BUT, Papo incorrectly labels it as "Carnosauria", unless this has been changed recently.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dobber

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 17, 2015, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: Dobber on January 16, 2015, 02:13:38 PM

Chris

Yes, you're absolutely right and Carnotaurus is a ceratosaur. BUT, Papo incorrectly labels it as "Carnosauria", unless this has been changed recently.

Thanks Triceratops, I understand Papo was mislabeling, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't using wrong terms and looking like a complete idiot ;) now if only I could stop looking slightly idiotic..... :P lol!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

mpchi

I am among the ones that felt a bit disappointed with the Papo Apatosaurus size. Its been such a long wait for Papo to finally make my favorite dino in their toyline. But now knowing that it is at the length of 37cm, my excitement on its upcoming release has taken a slight hit. While I am still very much anticipating for its release, I figured the torso of Apatosaurus would resembles the closest to size of the Papo Triceratops. So I have mocked up a scaled image to show how big the Apatosaurus stack up against the Triceratops and the Brachiosaurus (with minor measurement adjustments base on the angle of the photos used and measuring the figures in hand at such angles). Hope it helps to visualize how big/small the guy is.

Takama

Quote from: mpchi on January 18, 2015, 12:56:53 AM
I am among the ones that felt a bit disappointed with the Papo Apatosaurus size. Its been such a long wait for Papo to finally make my favorite dino in their toyline. But now knowing that it is at the length of 37cm, my excitement on its upcoming release has taken a slight hit. While I am still very much anticipating for its release, I figured the torso of Apatosaurus would resembles the closest to size of the Papo Triceratops. So I have mocked up a scaled image to show how big the Apatosaurus stack up against the Triceratops and the Brachiosaurus (with minor measurement adjustments base on the angle of the photos used and measuring the figures in hand at such angles). Hope it helps to visualize how big/small the guy is.

Wow that's a real Disapointment

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah..here's hoping we get a slightly larger one.

anchry6

Quote from: Takama on January 18, 2015, 01:06:27 AM
Quote from: mpchi on January 18, 2015, 12:56:53 AM

Wow that's a real Disapointment

I really do not understand your disappointment and the considerations of the many people. Indeed, if we assume that the type species (Apatosaurus ajax) then it seems perfectly in scale 1:40. So, it is perfectly compatible with the Triceratops.

:D

suspsy

Yeah, that estimation looks about right. Pity. But as others have noted, perhaps Papo has plans for an adult up their sleeve. And if they don't, well, at least that little Apatosaurus won't be terribly expensive.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoLord

Quote from: anchry6 on January 18, 2015, 02:55:59 AMI really do not understand your disappointment and the considerations of the many people. Indeed, if we assume that the type species (Apatosaurus ajax) then it seems perfectly in scale 1:40. So, it is perfectly compatible with the Triceratops.

Last time I checked Triceratops shouldn't be taller than Apatosaurus...  :-X

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: