News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

When did Papo retire their cavemen? They are not in the 2015 catalog.

dragon53

SUSPY:

So Papo would release a "young" Argentinosaurus.  ;)

Concavenator

@dragon53
This Apatosaurus by Papo IS an adult.It's not a juvenile,according to Papo themeselves.It was made a smaller scale than the rest.Hope I won't repeat to say this again.  :P

Centrosaur86

@dragon53: an adult Argentinosaurus.... That's a nice dream! That never comes out I'm afraid.

suspsy

The Nuremberg Toy Fair is going on this week. I would think that if Papo really does have a Giganotosaurus planned for later this year, they'd be showing it off.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

dragon53

CONCAVENATOR:

I hear what you're saying.
Whether the Apatosaurus is a smaller scale or young, ideally I would prefer the Apatosaurus to be a bigger in overall size similar to the Papo Brachiosaurus.
If a real dinosaur was known for being very big, I would hope a model would reflect that bigness---and be about the same scale as the other Papo dinosaurs for size compatibility.

suspsy

So that really is official now? The Apatosaurus is not a juvenile, but an adult done at a smaller scale?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 28, 2015, 06:35:00 PM
So that really is official now? The Apatosaurus is not a juvenile, but an adult done at a smaller scale?

Papo has neither confirmed nor denied that I know of. The catalog just says "Apatosaurus".  Extrapolate what you will.

Arul

Quote from: suspsy on January 27, 2015, 10:43:48 PM
The Nuremberg Toy Fair is going on this week. I would think that if Papo really does have a Giganotosaurus planned for later this year, they'd be showing it off.

I hope for that...

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on January 27, 2015, 10:43:48 PM
...I'd be happy for that.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

SpartanSquat

Yep, look pretty good, but a little bit glossy. At least they fixed the leg.

reinier zwanink

I got mine tupuxuara today in the post
Really nice model and the legs are good here

kreativtek

Quote from: reinier zwanink on January 30, 2015, 05:03:00 PM
I got mine tupuxuara today in the post
Really nice model and the legs are good here

Could you please share some photos? I'd love to see it in flesh.

reinier zwanink

here you go
I used flashlight for my home is a bit to dark now for good photos

Patrx

The Tupuxuara is really nice! But, I just can't bring myself to buy a pterosaur without pycnofibres.

That said, Papo's accuracy has incidentally improved now that they're duplicating Sideshow models.

Concavenator

Quote from: Patrx on January 30, 2015, 09:47:58 PM
The Tupuxuara is really nice! But, I just can't bring myself to buy a pterosaur without pycnofibres.

That said, Papo's accuracy has incidentally improved now that they're duplicating Sideshow models.
I also know it's a shame about that,but you could mode the model once you get it.
Anyways,that's Papo.You can take or leave them. :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

To be honest I was looking at my copy of the Sideshow piece and it's really hard to tell it has any pycnofibres..possibly the sculptor of the Papo piece just thought they were wrinkles in the skin.

Arul

Very nice coloration...did you buy the apatosaurus ? :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: