News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

These guys remind me of the mini figures/babies that were included with humans in the past.  They're pretty cool I even stocked our gift shop with some for 2.00 a piece to see if we'd get any takers.

I haven't seen Blue yet in person, just most of the others. I do plan to get her eventually when I find her and maybe do some repainting. " Blue " just needs to have some blue on her..somewhere.. ;)

Tyto_Theropod

I've been keeping my head down about the whole JW hype, given that I have zero enthusiasm about it, but those mini figures do look pretty cool. If I see them in a shop locally, I might grab some for customisation. ;)  I've been thinking about getting some WWD3D figures as well, for the same reason - ATM it's the only way I''m ever going to get my hands on a decent Gorgosaurus to help control the local Parasaurolophus population. :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2015, 05:51:22 AM
Found some of the little blind bag JW figures.

Did you buy the 15 pack? You couldn't have gotten lucky enough to get the 12 different ones in single bags without ending up with doubles?

More stuff has trickled into Canada. Today they had some of the big I rex figures, tubes and single blind bags. The tubes up here are $7.92 CAD vs the $4.44 US CityRaptor quoted and the single bags are $3.92 vs $1.92 US so that is 78% exchange mark up on the tubes and 104% mark up on the bags how did they come up with that? If I go conservative at 78% on the 15 pack it would end up being $26.45.
I was tempted to get the tubes but it looks like some kids got in there and picked them over they didn't have all the figures but it should be more expensive getting the 12 that way.

kreativtek

There are new figures coming in second wave of JW toys. In addition to repainted T-rex and Stegoceratops, there will be a Dilophosaurus, an Allosaurus, and this guy - a brand new T-rex that looks slightly better than the one we have. At least its jaw doesn't look as though it's been misplaced a few times.

CityRaptor

That might be the best toy in this line. Will probably cost a fortune here in Germany.

Yeah, prices are odd.
From what I have seen in German stores so far ( not counting online sites like Amazon or eBay, all prices in Euro )
Hero Mashers (Velociraptor, Ankylosaurus, Dimorphodon ) 14,99
Deluxe Hero Mashers ( Triceratops, Spinosaurus ) 19,99
Bashers & Biters ( T.rex, Ankylosaurus, Spinosaurus, Stegoceratops ) 12,99
Growlers ( Dimorphodon, Blue ) 19,99
T.rex 24,99
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

The Allosaurus is already available at the Wal-Mart in Burlington Iowa. So i don't think that's a wave two release.   Unless my wal-mart made a mistake.

What irks me is that the ones i want the most are not available yet (The blind bag figures)

kreativtek

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 13, 2015, 09:07:28 PM
That might be the best toy in this line. Will probably cost a fortune here in Germany.

Yeah, prices are odd.
From what I have seen in German stores so far ( not counting online sites like Amazon or eBay, all prices in Euro )
Hero Mashers (Velociraptor, Ankylosaurus, Dimorphodon ) 14,99
Deluxe Hero Mashers ( Triceratops, Spinosaurus ) 19,99
Bashers & Biters ( T.rex, Ankylosaurus, Spinosaurus, Stegoceratops ) 12,99
Growlers ( Dimorphodon, Blue ) 19,99
T.rex 24,99

Here in Poland we only have the large T-rex, which costs a whooping €36. I'm glad it looks so bad, because there is no way I can't afford it. I don't understand the difference between US and European prices. In all cases it's so big that after having the smaller die-cast JP jeep shipped to me from the US, I still had a few bucks left in my pocket.

CityRaptor

Especially odd given that the Euro is higher than the Dollar. We Europeans will probably end up being stuck with Wave 1 anyways. We haven't had more than one wave/series of JP figures since the original JP, and those were barely available.
Oh no

suspsy

Quote from: kreativtek on May 13, 2015, 09:02:46 PM
There are new figures coming in second wave of JW toys. In addition to repainted T-rex and Stegoceratops, there will be a Dilophosaurus, an Allosaurus, and this guy - a brand new T-rex that looks slightly better than the one we have. At least its jaw doesn't look as though it's been misplaced a few times.

That T. Rex actually doesn't look all that bad. It doesn't have one of those wounds I hate so much.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 13, 2015, 08:07:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2015, 05:51:22 AM
Found some of the little blind bag JW figures.

Did you buy the 15 pack? You couldn't have gotten lucky enough to get the 12 different ones in single bags without ending up with doubles?

More stuff has trickled into Canada. Today they had some of the big I rex figures, tubes and single blind bags. The tubes up here are $7.92 CAD vs the $4.44 US CityRaptor quoted and the single bags are $3.92 vs $1.92 US so that is 78% exchange mark up on the tubes and 104% mark up on the bags how did they come up with that? If I go conservative at 78% on the 15 pack it would end up being $26.45.
I was tempted to get the tubes but it looks like some kids got in there and picked them over they didn't have all the figures but it should be more expensive getting the 12 that way.

Oh yeah, each 15 pack has a full set of figures, there are only 12, but if you want all the color variants there are 36.   If you want the I-Rex figure the 15 packs are the only way to get it from what I've heard.

I kept the ones from 2 bags I bought I wanted the rest I put in our gift shop at 2.00 each.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on May 13, 2015, 11:41:24 PM

That T. Rex actually doesn't look all that bad. It doesn't have one of those wounds I hate so much.

it's not as bad as looked at first. head is still a bit too big and feet are a bit oversized..but a good 7 out of 10.

Dinomike

This one should have some cool action features. The neck is made of rubber judging from what I've seen. Unfortunately it has the exposed screw holes as well.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinomike on May 14, 2015, 07:50:19 AM
This one should have some cool action features. The neck is made of rubber judging from what I've seen. Unfortunately it has the exposed screw holes as well.

Just like the big " Bad Boy" Indominus. These guys display well from one side only or in the package.

EmperorDinobot

Heyyy! The tiny Dimorphodons do scale well with Kenner figs! They just need a coat of better paint.

Can you fit Kenner figures inside of that Jada RC Jeep? plz tell me you can. If not I'll just buy one, gut the thing and make it so figures can sit on't.

suspsy

In terms of appearance, I would rate that T. Rex below any of the ones from the original JP and TLW lines, but above all the ones from JP3. But you say it has screw holes too? Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Is there any JW toy that DOESN'T have them?

As I noted in my Ankylosaurus review, I can't believe Hasbro couldn't afford to cover those up.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Quote from: suspsy on May 14, 2015, 12:18:04 PM
In terms of appearance, I would rate that T. Rex below any of the ones from the original JP and TLW lines, but above all the ones from JP3.

I agree.

But you say it has screw holes too? Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Is there any JW toy that DOESN'T have them?

Only the blindbags, it seems.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 14, 2015, 11:33:55 AM
Heyyy! The tiny Dimorphodons do scale well with Kenner figs! They just need a coat of better paint.

Can you fit Kenner figures inside of that Jada RC Jeep? plz tell me you can. If not I'll just buy one, gut the thing and make it so figures can sit on't.

You can purchase the Dimorphodons in different colors.  I'm okay with the tropical parrot looking colors myself.

Sadly not behind the wheel.  The floor/seat come sup almost to the wheel itself. So either you have to cut out the floor to make room or cut off your figure's legs below the knees making him/her a permanent driver. Been considering doing this with some spares. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

In terms of appearance, I would rate that T. Rex below any of the ones from the original JP and TLW lines, but above all the ones from JP3. But you say it has screw holes too? Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Is there any JW toy that DOESN'T have them?

As I noted in my Ankylosaurus review, I can't believe Hasbro couldn't afford to cover those up.

I still think the JP3 ( big one) looks more detailed and more like a JP Rex myself.  Though this JW one is a good "toy" Rex for the line.

Hasbro really just cheaped out on us..I really think JW is store fodder til Star Wars comes out.  I feel like they said " well better take it and like because that's all your getting. "  :(

Arul

Wow i hope stomp and strike version is better than the trex before, screw holes everywhere and open wound is terrible...

Appalachiosaurus

That T. rex is the same one we saw in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBcmt_tqX_4

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: