News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

I got my Indominus Rex and Gyrosphere set yesterday. Looks good in the packaging...I'm afraid to remove it as I don't want to see the screw holes. I don't think I've ever owned/seen toys that have such visible screws. Usually the diffrerent sides of the toy snap together or the screws are placed underneath. You would think it goes without saying. Some customers may feel betrayed because you won't notice the in the packaging. And these are not super cheap toys either.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shadowknight1

I think the worst of it is that the screwholes are on the opposite side of the ragged wounds, so there really isn't a good way to display these guys without showing off their ugly side.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinomike on May 14, 2015, 10:41:10 PM
I got my Indominus Rex and Gyrosphere set yesterday. Looks good in the packaging...I'm afraid to remove it as I don't want to see the screw holes. I don't think I've ever owned/seen toys that have such visible screws. Usually the diffrerent sides of the toy snap together or the screws are placed underneath. You would think it goes without saying. Some customers may feel betrayed because you won't notice the in the packaging. And these are not super cheap toys either.

Same problem here..I keep looking at it and wanting to open it, but if I do the only other side has screw holes all over so it won't display as well..better to leave it in the box I guess ..unless  I want to fill the holes, repaint, ect..

Takama

Here is the other Side. Only Four Screw Holes

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Does that mean that the others have even more screw holes?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Don't worry, they're not "screw holes," they're "Dino Damage bullet wounds!"
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

One suggestion for those with some modelling talent and yes I know you shouldn't have to do this but this is what we have. If you can get your hands on a small amount of modelling or impression wax you could fill the holes, texture the wax and do a paint touch up with some acrylics. I did this on a much larger scale with my life-sized Pteranodons to hide the cable mounting holes. Using wax instead of Milliput or some other epoxy putty would allow you to easily dig out the wax later if you needed to disassemble it.

Arul

Yes i think so Doug :)

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 15, 2015, 01:42:26 PM
Don't worry, they're not "screw holes," they're "Dino Damage bullet wounds!"

Lol that is plan B if i failed to cover the hole

Doug Watson

Dinomike

I think I might just try that putty trick!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Doug Watson

Quote from: ARUL on May 15, 2015, 05:18:33 PM
Changed sorry  :D

Whoa! Nothing to be sorry about, I wasn't offended, I just thought you were showing me too much respect after all we are friends I hope.

deanm

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 29, 2015, 09:50:30 AM
Quote from: deanm on April 29, 2015, 09:32:26 AM
Looks like a couple of blind bag pterosaurs are in my future. 😀

What about the action figures - just how much of a completest are you? I'm really in two minds about the mosasaur myself.

I bought the dimorphodon but I could not bear the pteranodon.  It is pretty brutal.  Having said that - I will wait untillit is on sale.  I am a completist so in the end it will end up in my collection.  I bought 5 blind bag pterosaurs.  2 dimorphodon (the tail gives them away) and three pteranodon (you can feel the head crest).  Thankfully all 5 are different colours.  Now I need to figure out if if the dimorphodon comes in three colours.   

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: deanm on May 16, 2015, 04:49:55 AM

What about the action figures - just how much of a completest are you? I'm really in two minds about the mosasaur myself.

I bought the dimorphodon but I could not bear the pteranodon.  It is pretty brutal.  Having said that - I will wait untillit is on sale.  I am a completist so in the end it will end up in my collection.  I bought 5 blind bag pterosaurs.  2 dimorphodon (the tail gives them away) and three pteranodon (you can feel the head crest).  Thankfully all 5 are different colours.  Now I need to figure out if if the dimorphodon comes in three colours.

Should. I posted a pic here somewhere of one in grey, one in brown and another in white/green.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I just got Blue the other day, but I noticed that when I pull the tail, the arms get stuck in the down position. Is this just mine, or are all of them like this?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Arul

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 15, 2015, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: ARUL on May 15, 2015, 05:18:33 PM
Changed sorry  :D

Whoa! Nothing to be sorry about, I wasn't offended, I just thought you were showing me too much respect after all we are friends I hope.

Hehehe yes im just so happy i can communicate with the sculptor from safari ltd :D

Btw the review of jurrasic world minifigure is out now by jurrasic collectables  :)

deanm

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 16, 2015, 05:19:42 AM

Should. I posted a pic here somewhere of one in grey, one in brown and another in white/green.

No worries, you answered my question perfectly!  Many thanks.  The chase is now one for the brown dimorphodon blind bag figure. Cheers!

SBell

Quote from: deanm on May 16, 2015, 10:01:36 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 16, 2015, 05:19:42 AM

I just picked up a brown one--with a Pteranodon and Pachycephalosaurus--in a clear tube. No guess work there what I was getting! Same went for the mosasaur.

No worries, you answered my question perfectly!  Many thanks.  The chase is now one for the brown dimorphodon blind bag figure. Cheers!

I didn't realize that there were 3 colours for each figure. That seems excessive.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It should come inn at least 3 colors..there are red figures that are chase figures..but I don't like them myself.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: