News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathalosaurus

These are just friggin' awful!!!!
WHY, THE HECK, HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on May 07, 2015, 12:53:13 PM
These are just friggin' awful!!!!
WHY, THE HECK, HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's face it: The JW line is just a filler for Hasbro. They are biding their time till Star Wars 7 and otherwise focusing their resources on their top franchises, Transformers and My Little Pony.

New pictures of the Basher and Biter Tyrannosaurus & Stegoceratops as well as Growlers Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus:
http://dinodan.proboards.com/post/187109
Guess the green Rex could be a companian piece to the brown one, given that this is how sexual dimorphism is displayed in the movies ( males are green, females are brown )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 07, 2015, 04:31:03 AM
Checking with the guys at JPToys Doug.

Thanks Blade the lady at Wallyworld couldn't do anything with that SKU she said their SKUs are only 10 digits. I had the same problem with the Terra bar codes Target up here couldn't find them. I think part of the reason is all our packaging has to be bilingual so they probably end up with a totally different #. What is weird is this stuff is on eBay already but if you search Walmart.com nothing comes up except LEGO. I guess like the Terra stuff I'll just have to wait. It would be nice to get a set new since all my JP stuff has come from eBay or flea markets after the fact.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 07, 2015, 07:38:30 PM

Thanks Blade the lady at Wallyworld couldn't do anything with that SKU she said their SKUs are only 10 digits. I had the same problem with the Terra bar codes Target up here couldn't find them. I think part of the reason is all our packaging has to be bilingual so they probably end up with a totally different #. What is weird is this stuff is on eBay already but if you search Walmart.com nothing comes up except LEGO. I guess like the Terra stuff I'll just have to wait. It would be nice to get a set new since all my JP stuff has come from eBay or flea markets after the fact.

That..well that sucks bud. If I see them here I'll pick you up some. yeah walmart.com, amazon, no one is carrying them online it seems.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2015, 12:05:35 AM

That..well that sucks bud. If I see them here I'll pick you up some. yeah walmart.com, amazon, no one is carrying them online it seems.

Don't worry about it Blade, if I find them here I don't mind buying them but if I have to pay shipping, exchange rate etc., then I am not sure the quality warrants it or your trouble. I appreciate the offer as always.

Dinomike

I caved in and ordered myself the Gyrosphere set - I know I shouldn't have but, oh well! Just so excited about the movie!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 08, 2015, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2015, 12:05:35 AM

Don't worry about it Blade, if I find them here I don't mind buying them but if I have to pay shipping, exchange rate etc., then I am not sure the quality warrants it or your trouble. I appreciate the offer as always.

No problem bud, I've only read they are walmart exclusives..not sure if that's U.S. only or if maybe another store will carry them in other countries. The JPToys guys are always up on it so I'll keep you posted.

Quote from: Dinomike on May 08, 2015, 01:38:12 PM
I caved in and ordered myself the Gyrosphere set - I know I shouldn't have but, oh well! Just so excited about the movie!

I think you'll enjoy it. The scale of it pretty much fits in with the Papo Rex too if you want to recreate the possible  "final battle" scene..lol 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Found a Jada RC Jurassic Park Jeep at Target yesterday! Goes well with my old Kenner figures!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2015, 04:36:51 PM
No problem bud, I've only read they are walmart exclusives..not sure if that's U.S. only or if maybe another store will carry them in other countries. The JPToys guys are always up on it so I'll keep you posted.

I keep forgetting we are heading South for a few days soon, if I spot a Walmart in our travels I'll check it out.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2015, 05:17:30 PM

Found a Jada RC Jurassic Park Jeep at Target yesterday! Goes well with my old Kenner figures!

Did you see the Smaller Diecast ones there?  If so could you tell what scale they were?

Dinomike

Wow! Wow! That Jada Jeep is gold! Absolutely fabulous!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

That is great, is that customed Blade ? The rust and mud on the jeep

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 08, 2015, 07:42:18 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2015, 04:36:51 PM

I keep forgetting we are heading South for a few days soon, if I spot a Walmart in our travels I'll check it out.

If you see a Target and/or a TRU  and want any other JW stuff that's where to check.

Quote from: Takama on May 08, 2015, 08:52:00 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 08, 2015, 05:17:30 PM

Did you see the Smaller Diecast ones there?  If so could you tell what scale they were?

I didn't see any, this one wasn't even on the shelf, I had to use the DPCI number to get it from the back.  I've read that the diecast pieces are about in scale with the Papo JP Rex..so 1:40/1:38 or somewhere around there?

Quote from: Dinomike on May 08, 2015, 08:52:52 PM
Wow! Wow! That Jada Jeep is gold! Absolutely fabulous!

I've had a ball driving it around here with my JP figures in it! lol

Quote from: ARUL on May 09, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
That is great, is that customed Blade ? The rust and mud on the jeep

Not at all, it came this way, very similar to Hammond's jeep at the end of JP..I've heard one in rough shape like this will be seen in the new movie as well.

Takama

Jada just got there JW items on there website.   The Jeep is too small for my line at 1:43 :(  I wanted 1:32

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sorry bud.  The RC is way too big looks like.

Here is the website link Takama found : http://jadatoysinc.com/products.php?brand=Jurassic_World

SBell

Just saw my first Hasbro JW toys in a store.

Just walked away from my first JW toys in a store. Maybe it's just because I'm not as into the series as when it first came out, but these figures leave much to be desired. I am hopeful I will find the metal models though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Found some of the little blind bag JW figures.

These little guys are AWESOME! Hasbro really blew it not making human figures.

Really want a Wu and Claire figure to go with the little I-Rex.. lol

joossa

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 13, 2015, 05:51:22 AM

So cute! :) Some of those aren't half bad. I need to check my WalMart and then Target for the larger figures. I want to see 'Blue' in person since that one looks like the best out of the bunch (of the larger toys).
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

CityRaptor

The Dimorphodon scales nicely with ther older figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: