News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 12, 2015, 02:30:52 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 02:24:27 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on June 12, 2015, 01:47:06 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 06:55:08 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 12, 2015, 01:29:19 AM
http://news.toyark.com/2015/06/11/chronicle-gets-jurassic-movie-series-license-161724

Bam.  Screw you Hasbro, these guys are coming to town.  Let's hope that they give us what we want from our JP/JW merchandise.

I'll have to wait til I see what they offer. I've heard their prop replicas are quite pricey. Now if the make figures and scaled models for a good price, no more than  a Sideshow I might go for it.

Just checked their web-site and a 24 inch Terror Dog from Ghost Busters cast from the original FX mould sells for $500 and $600 for two different editions but they don't explain the differences. At those prices I'll have to stick with the original Horizon models.

Yeah I saw those as well, sounds like a higher end line.  But "figures" to me sounds like something maybe more  in line with Hot Toys stuff? I'm game at 1-150.00 or so. Maybe a bit more if it's a really cool larger piece.

There are some pictures of an unfinished T rex on that news feed that look about the same size and quality as the Horizon T rex. They were asked on their Facebook page if they could get there hands on the sick Tricertops model mould from JP and they said "perhaps" or something to that effect. I wouldn't mind a JPIII Spinosaurus from the original mould but I would prefer a kit and they don't seem to make those. I guess I would go for a figure based on the mould in the $150 range.

I think that Rex was at Wonderfest? It was the female body with the TLW male head on it they said. Would have the female head when it was made.    I'd love a polystone dio of the scene with the sick trike..imagine Grant laying on her belly, Ellie and Harding checking her tongue/eyes, Gennero and the kids looking on..while Malcolm stares at his shoe wondering what he stepped in.  lol I'd pay for that.

I can't figure why no one has really dug into the JP license on the higher end of detail. I'd love a new bunch of kits like the Horizon pieces.  Sideshow could have kept going with their line..it's..nuts.  I really think that Rex bust they are offering now is way too much.  I managed to get a JP Raptor bust ( head/neck) from the studio copy and it was only 500.00 .

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 05:24:03 PM
I managed to get a JP Raptor bust ( head/neck) from the studio copy and it was only 500.00 .

Was that one of the life sized casts that the Studio was selling for a while as well as the T rex bust? Research Castings International was doing those for them and I saw a bunch in a back room when I was there. I should have picked one up too at that price. Hate to think what it is worth today.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 02:24:27 PM
Yeah I saw those as well, sounds like a higher end line.  But "figures" to me sounds like something maybe more  in line with Hot Toys stuff? I'm game at 1-150.00 or so. Maybe a bit more if it's a really cool larger piece.

I hope that's true, but their other stuff reminds me a lot of Sideshow's premium format "figures," most of which cost $350+.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 12, 2015, 06:04:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 05:24:03 PM
I managed to get a JP Raptor bust ( head/neck) from the studio copy and it was only 500.00 .

Was that one of the life sized casts that the Studio was selling for a while as well as the T rex bust? Research Castings International was doing those for them and I saw a bunch in a back room when I was there. I should have picked one up too at that price. Hate to think what it is worth today.

I'm not sure exactly, this one was bought from a fellow in the UK who purchased it in the US , I had Martin finish it up. It did need a lot of work.

A couple pics of it at home :

Patrx

Man, Chris, why'd you have to go and share those photos? Now I have to sneak off to Tennessee and steal that raptor from your house.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on June 12, 2015, 08:56:54 PM
Man, Chris, why'd you have to go and share those photos? Now I have to sneak off to Tennessee and steal that raptor from your house.

lol feel free to give it a go bud..just watch out for Stan... ;)  ;D

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 08:41:17 PM
I'm not sure exactly, this one was bought from a fellow in the UK who purchased it in the US , I had Martin finish it up. It did need a lot of work.

It looks like the ones I saw at RCI but from your pictures show it wasn't painted I believe the Universal site was only selling finished pieces, dang I wish I had gotten one now. Its a shame how silly things like family, mortgage payments, food can get in the way of our collecting. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 13, 2015, 04:39:16 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2015, 08:41:17 PM

It looks like the ones I saw at RCI but from your pictures show it wasn't painted I believe the Universal site was only selling finished pieces, dang I wish I had gotten one now. Its a shame how silly things like family, mortgage payments, food can get in the way of our collecting. ;)

If only I could back in time armed with some meager funds..I'd return VERY broke but VERY happy.  ;D

EmperorDinobot

Anyone wanna chop my Dilophosaur's frills off and give it a nice JP1 repaint once I get it? Will pay for supplies and labor!

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 13, 2015, 10:48:13 AM
Anyone wanna chop my Dilophosaur's frills off and give it a nice JP1 repaint once I get it? Will pay for supplies and labor!

I'm a bit far away and I don't do JP stuff, but I'm sure Copper would be happy to.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

EmperorDinobot

I need to purchase a dremel tool. I've always wanted one and those things are super useful for all sorts of trimming jobs.

Tyto_Theropod

Me too! I generally use a craft knife, but I could do with a small drill. I'm always keener to buy more models. :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

stargatedalek

I could give it a go if you wanted. I don't have any fancy tools but I'd be willing to bet any old craft (or even an outdoors) knife would work (that's what I used to edit my Carnegie Caudipteryx wings and Safari Deep Sea tube hatchetfish). What a coincidence I recently painted a Chap-Mei "gastornis" into something I felt a little more appropriate for the mold. If it seems like I'm your gal shoot me a pm to discuss further.

http://pre11.deviantart.net/c8ca/th/pre/f/2015/164/f/9/jp_chaos_effect_dilophornis_custom_by_michell_vall-d8x45go.jpg
http://pre03.deviantart.net/ca1f/th/pre/f/2015/164/5/4/jp_chaos_effect_dilophornis_custom_by_michell_vall-d8x45fx.jpg

Blade-of-the-Moon

Are you talking about the new Jurassic World figure? I could give a go if you wanted. I've painted around 5 JP Dilos so far..so I sort of have it memorized by now..lol

Tapejara1122

Some interesting stuff popped up when I went into the Walmart and Target website and looked up jurassic world! It seems that Walmart now has Dilo, Cerato, and the basher and biter allosaurus. Target now has the mosasaurus. Or so Ive seen, so tommorow Im going to go to both of them and see if its true.  :D I will post if I see anything!

"You know, at times like this one feels, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct". - Ian Malcolm

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

Considering how expensive they are in the rest of the world, the JW line sure can afford to be on sale in the US. ::)

CityRaptor

Yep. B&B cost between 12 and 14 Euros here. Saw the Allosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus in person today. Allo keeps on looking bad while the Pachy is definately one of the better JW figures, although clearly not worth the price.
Anyone else thinks it is odd that all three herbivores have a feature where they pop out their head?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Quote from: ARUL on June 11, 2015, 03:04:14 PM
Have you ever seen this before ?  :) is this from hasbro ? Hasbro is the only company who get jw license right ?

I saw them in local cinema!

Takama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: