News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Takama on October 28, 2015, 11:38:17 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on October 28, 2015, 11:19:03 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 28, 2015, 08:47:56 PM
I sent Several Messages suggesting animals they should make, and not once did they Reply to my messages.

In my experience working for a hobby manufacturer a few years ago, companies don't like to take unsolicited ideas from customers for legal reasons. There was an instance where someone suggested something, which ended up happening, and then they sued because they thought they should receive a share of the profits since it was their idea. Most companies will probably say things like "thank you for your feedback" and that's the end of it. On a forum like this, however, it's public domain if you choose to share an idea they end up doing, for which you have no legal recourse.

But I digress... a company who cares should at least make an effort to be responsive in some capacity... especially if it is in regards to an issue you are having. Even something as simple as "Oops, this shouldn't happen, we apologize and will work to understand what went wrong and find a way to try to prevent it from happening again" would go a long way. The ostrich burying its head in the sand is never a good businessman. Or, business bird.

Thats the first time I heard such a thing.    But Dinosaurs are not Licensed chrectors, there Animals
Yes,dinosaurs may be animals that do not fall under licensed characters but believe me,Victoria B is absolutely correct.I've worked directly with the public before,and I can tell you that many would most certainly pull that "it was MY idea,so I should get my share of the profits" stunt,whether they have a leg to stand on or not...
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

That sounds like public greed to me.     If i suggest something to a companey i want to see there take on it, and I would not require any compensation.

The only time anyone should sue is if there artwork is being blatantly ripped off for commercial purposes.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on October 28, 2015, 11:59:34 PM
That sounds like public greed to me.     If i suggest something to a companey i want to see there take on it, and I would not require any compensation.

The only time anyone should sue is if there artwork is being blatantly ripped off for commercial purposes.
They're not obligated to use your suggestions. Rebor seem to have their own vision and ideas for want they want to do with their toyline. I've noticed the higher end, collector orientated lines do not readily take suggestions from fans. They probably have a lot of it planned out already. Maybe that could change in future but not right now.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 29, 2015, 12:15:15 AM
Quote from: Takama on October 28, 2015, 11:59:34 PM

They're not obligated to use your suggestions. Rebor seem to have their own vision and ideas for want they want to do with their toyline. I've noticed the higher end, collector orientated lines do not readily take suggestions from fans. They probably have a lot of it planned out already. Maybe that could change in future but not right now.

I said that in response to people Sueing a company because they got nothing for making a suggestion.

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 28, 2015, 11:37:13 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 28, 2015, 11:19:19 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on October 28, 2015, 08:32:36 PM
I have no idea how you would get their attention. Seems like they always ignore my FB posts... ESPECIALLY when I ask them how to correct balancing issues. I don't even see some of my posts there anymore from over the last couple of months. In fact, they shared every single Acro review from YouTube on their page except for mine, and I don't think it's because they didn't know about it. And it wasn't a negative review either... I did question the standing issues, but so did other reviewers.

Sounds typical for Rebor.

Well, not responding is better than responding aggressively ;) But you are right, of course, sometimes it is in companies best interest to hold their hands up and take criticism and questions on the chin.

Well you certainly have a point there.

Takama

Look like the Mighty Rebor has been knocked off

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252159532525?rmvSB=true

Viking Spawn

CityRaptor

Okay, this is officially the worst Yutyrannus on the market.

It has the same color scheme as the bootleg Running Rex also shown on that site. Also looks like they knocked off the Schleich Pentaceratops, too. 

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoG

Strange they didn't knock off the Brown Trex...
Run!

Rain

They labelled it as a carnotaurus! They even added the little horns haha

tyrantqueen

That sucks that they got ripped off, but I have to say that although it's an inferior copy overall, it has a nicer looking jaw than the authentic figure (which had those ugly seamlines and did not blend into the rest of the face too well)

I wonder if Rebor are going to do something about it. Has anyone notified them? Makes me think back to the statement they made regarding figure piracy:
Fortunately we got world's best lawyers in UK, and REBOR is protected by the UK Intellectual Property Office and GS1 Society, if we ever find a bootleg REBOR dinosaur replica in the market, we will sue those pirates at all cost till they got bankrupted. All REBOR products that shipped to China have special warning labels on the packaging which states legal matters and pretty serious consequence of breaking them, so hopefully those Chinese pirates won't be foolish enough to test our patience.

Say NO to bootleg Chinasaurs, it should not be tolerated

I would like to see the pirates get taken to court, but it's important to bear in mind that they are operating in China, where there is little to no copyright law regarding these kind of things.

Arul

China china china...not good. Yes TQ i remember that statement, im here be like "let them fight...". you must be digging so deep to found that post  :o

postsaurischian

::) I hope that this negative trend ceases when the other negative trend (Jurassic Park) also does.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Arul on November 07, 2015, 09:28:01 AM
China china china...not good. Yes TQ i remember that statement, im here be like "let them fight...". you must be digging so deep to found that post :o
Search function is a good friend :)

Arul

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2015, 09:43:33 AM
Quote from: Arul on November 07, 2015, 09:28:01 AM
China china china...not good. Yes TQ i remember that statement, im here be like "let them fight...". you must be digging so deep to found that post :o
Search function is a good friend :)
Yes but i believe that post is long long time ago..

CityRaptor

Just checked their facebook page, they have been informed.

They also either got a like by Schleich or gave Schleich a like.  Can't tell since I don't use facebook.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

pylraster

Horrible bootleg! I guess everyone's really fair game for these bootleggers.

Rain

Here's REBOR's latest news. They plan to release juvenile versions of all their 1/35th models. Here's a teaser image. Looks like we'll be getting an adult stego soon

Albertosaurus

I am very excited about these new baby models. Really looking forward the adult Stegosaurus. Knowing Rebor,it is going to be most likely a stunning piece.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The little Trike looks like almost an exact copy of the Sideshow one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: