News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I read that twice and I can barely make sense of it.  Seems more of the same old same old to me.

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well that does sound insulting if that was the intent.

joossa

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 25, 2016, 11:57:34 PM
REBOR has still a lot to learn on how to deal with non-positive feedback, especially when they choose to interface with public exclusively through social media. I agree that this way they appear unprofessional, just like a bunch of guys who happen to sell their product without a proper relation with customers. But admittedly, having to hear the same refrain over and over of people questioning your artistic choices must be annoying. REBOR has proved that they do not consider any sort of suggestion, they must be backed by sale figures in doing so, so probably people should just stop asking them to do things differently, at least with the demanding attitude that that Facebook user seemed to have.
Well stated. I agree with you here.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

Out of the Fires of Face Book Comes this

They claim that this is there answer for Pandering to the Accuracy bro Crowd

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I've had a hard time being interested in Rebor's stuff lately.  I'm jonesing for the Deinonychus trio and Allosaurus, not these 1/6th scale figures, especially not a JP-style Compy.  I DO like the babies, they seem decently accurate.  But still.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Takama

If theres more to them, i might be interested, however if there nothing but HEADS then i will not consider them.

Tim

I don't remember seeing that on their FB page.  I agree - if they are doing busts, no thanks.

Takama

It turns out there Fridge magnets.

So Im not interested

Tim

Where was this originally posted, Takama?

tanystropheus

Didn't REBOR says something about a ceratopsian body plan w/ interchangeable heads to save costs or something?

Arul

Man i told rebor many times to ignore the non positive comments or just leave it rebor you dont have to answer it all. Maybe rebor is getting too emotional. But well who am i, just ordinary rebor fans they never respond my Pm on Fb again lol

Anyway, they are too good for a fridge magnet ! Im gonna use them for museum diorama looks like it will be great :D

Tim

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 26, 2016, 04:52:22 AM
Didn't REBOR says something about a ceratopsian body plan w/ interchangeable heads to save costs or something?

No, they actually denied this very thing.  They said an affordable way to collect many species, coming this year.

Tim

Oh no.  I did some digging and just as Takama said (I thought he was kidding), Rebor does say they are refrigerator magnets that will be yet another new product line.  A line that shows they do care about scientific accuracy.

Scientifically accurate fridge magnets?!?

Who is running this company that they would ever consider this?!?

Arul

Thats what i called "out of the box"  :P

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 25, 2016, 11:57:34 PM
REBOR has still a lot to learn on how to deal with non-positive feedback, especially when they choose to interface with public exclusively through social media. I agree that this way they appear unprofessional, just like a bunch of guys who happen to sell their product without a proper relation with customers. But admittedly, having to hear the same refrain over and over of people questioning your artistic choices must be annoying. REBOR has proved that they do not consider any sort of suggestion, they must be backed by sale figures in doing so, so probably people should just stop asking them to do things differently, at least with the demanding attitude that that Facebook user seemed to have.

Certainly. One of the things that instills brand confidence is the way a company interacts with its fans. Some people are passionate about your product. That's a good thing, and for them to want things to get better, that's important too. New companies have to go the extra mile to earn the trust of people, and that means being honest and forthcoming about what you're doing and not trying to play things up a certain way when the reality is the opposite. Rebor needs to work on their communication, handling all feedback professionally and in a restrained fashion. (Working on the grammar and attitude of the occasional pretentious posts wouldn't hurt either.) As for JP designs, I don't mind Rebor making JP inspired designs so long that they balance them with the more accurate designs as well. People just need to be aware that they're not buying something that's scientifically accurate like you might see in a museum.

Takama

Quote from: Tim on February 26, 2016, 07:44:03 AM
Oh no.  I did some digging and just as Takama said (I thought he was kidding), Rebor does say they are refrigerator magnets that will be yet another new product line.  A line that shows they do care about scientific accuracy.

A refrigerator is the LAST place i would want my Collectible Dinosaurs to be. Kids play with the magnets on the fridge all the time.   

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Takama on February 26, 2016, 02:40:03 AM
Out of the Fires of Face Book Comes this

They claim that this is there answer for Pandering to the Accuracy bro Crowd

I like the idea,though I would have preferred busts with bases. Now think about this, if you put them all together on a piece of aluminium bolted or glued somewhere,it will look like a cool museum display. I have to say that I love ceratopsians but their bodies are way too similar,so having only heads is a great idea for collectors. The styraco looks specially great!

Sim

Quote from: Tim on February 26, 2016, 07:44:03 AM

The bolded part is something I think about many decisions Rebor has made about their figures.

tyrantqueen

Is it part of their "Oddities" line? Seems like that would be an appropriate place for it to be.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: