News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

I happen to like Rebor and never had any issues with them.  In the correspondence I've had, I treated them with respect and got the same in return.  It seems there are those simply like to stir the pot which has gotten really old already.  I said my peace on their Faceboook page and have no need to repost it again here.

But I think Robingoodfellows has summed up my feelings about the whole thing as well. 

If someone here doesn't like them for whatever reasons, I can respect that and so be it.  I just get tired of the same "cliche" rants/bickering over and over. 

There are plenty of other things that can be focused on in this forum.  Maybe with this new subsection, those that don't like them won't have to be bothered with seeing threads about them everywhere else.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 29, 2016, 01:19:40 AM
If REBOR would do a JP Dilophosaurus, without the frill but heavily inspired by the spitter, I would buy it in a heartbeat. The only thing I regret with Papo is that they didn't copy the dilo from JP back in their early days.
Ugh, no offense, but I don't ever want to see a JP "Dilophosaurus" again.  They didn't get anything about that animal right other than it stands on two legs and has a crest.  They didn't even get the shape right.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

CityRaptor

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 29, 2016, 03:37:44 AM
They didn't get anything about that animal right other than it stands on two legs and has a crest.  They didn't even get the shape right.

THIS! They also introduced that stupid frill that many cheap toys still spot up to this day.  It should not be used on a Dilophosaurus outside of the JP Franchise. ( The frill only exists in the movie version anyways, the animals in the novel did not have them. )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

it is one of the superstiotions about dinosaurus from the public media.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 08, 2016, 04:20:21 AM
I think that is quite common knowledge that Dilophosaurus venom and frill were Crichton/Spielberg inventions, it is a bit different than the look and size of raptors, I guess. By the way I love JP Dilophosaurus, and JP animals in general, because I'm well aware that are just fictional creatures. A detailed spitter replica on par with those of t-rex and raptor by Papo is still missing on the market of the main and most affordable brands. Kenner and Hasbro toys don't really count because they are... toys.

I went through REBOR's record post just for fun (or boredom) and I've found out that they have claimed to have prototypes or plans for a lot of species, didn't know they had anticipated so many. Hopefully they will soon get back on track with the main line and not indulge on side projects.

Agreed!  I love their main line which I hope they don't ever loose focus with. 

DinoLord

Wow, looks like I missed the whole Facebook kerfuffle a week ago. I thought Rebor had already fired their rather unprofessional rep? I guess not. I have wanted to support this company from the start but they make it very hard to do so...

Fluffysaurus

So a 1:18 scale Velociraptor is coming soon? Wonder how bug that must be. I am not very good in scale measuring. But that must be Papo size, right? Very curious about that. Hope it will be very detailed.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

CityRaptor

Depends on if they base it on the real animal or the Jurassic Park depiction.
The Papo is 17 cm long, making it roughly 1:10. ( This varies depending on the individual ). Unless Rebor claims Velociraptor is Jurassic Park sized, it should be smaller, roughly 10 cm long.
Oh no

Fluffysaurus

I dont have a clue on which one they are going to base it.Thankyou for the explanation  :D. Wonder when it will be teased.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

stargatedalek

Actually I would expect a realistic one to be closer to 13-14 cm in full length given the proportions of the JP Velociraptor are very compacted.

PaleoMatt

This is off-topic but who is this [deleted user] guy on the previous page?

Dobber

I think it's CharlieP, though I'm not sure what happened or why all he deleted all of his posts.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Sim

Quote from: Dobber on March 11, 2016, 07:15:13 PM
I think it's CharlieP, though I'm not sure what happened or why all he deleted all of his posts.

Chris

Yeah, I've been wondering what happened.  Charlie P. was making good contributions. :(

CityRaptor

I think it looks worse in the Papo 2016 thread. But yes, what happened?
Oh no

Takama

I just had a dream were Rebor just announced a 1:6 Anzu that's fully featherd.   Only to do somting stupid by making it include a head of spinosaurus as if it's one of those build a figure ploys to buy more of there sets.

CityRaptor

I think something like that would not be that bad if most of their models were more accurate and more affordable.
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 11, 2016, 08:11:23 PM
I think something like that would not be that bad if most of their models were more accurate and more affordable.

Fortunately dinosaurs and prehistoric animals Reborn begin to be cheaper. They are becoming more affordable their figures, for example fallen queen and dimorphodon (couple).

CityRaptor

It would still be rather steep if you have to collect 6 or so of them to complete a "Build a Figure". "Fallen Queen" is also for the most part just a better stand for the "King T-rex".
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dobber on March 11, 2016, 07:15:13 PM

Chris
Ah, that's a bummer.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dobber

Yeah, I liked him. Sad to see him go, just strange that he deleted his posts before he left. The mystery makes me very curious.  :-\

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: