News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

This is old news since almost the exact same thing happened here on the forum before. Nothing really new to see here.

Critics need to get it through their minds that Rebor's going to produce what Rebor wants to and that it's very likely that, no matter what they request (especially in terms of scientific accuracy, model production, etc.), Rebor won't take it into account (they clearly haven't since the beginning). And Rebor needs to stop engaging those that don't understand that, especially when Rebor themselves are so damn unprofessional (putting up that screenshot from Pulp Fiction was too much, IMO). Simple as that. Both sides are at fault and seasonal firestorms of cascading comments and arguments between Rebor and critics are almost a commonality now. Nothing new.

What baffles me is how people ask things like "Why doesn't this have feathers!?" or "Why does it have the wrong number of toes?" or "Why isn't this more of a statue?". In my mind, the answer is simple: Because Rebor wanted it that way, even if they themselves believe it's "museum quality". Period. They are not catering to you, they are catering to anyone willing to buy their product as-is. There's a difference.

There's a difference between making observations/producing constructive criticism and crossing the line and expecting Rebor to change their approach and bend to one's expectations... or in the case of some FB users, demands. The worst part about this is that no ones takes the higher road. Some of the critics are as pompous and entitled as ever and Rebor is as inflammatory and childish as ever.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

suspsy

Quote from: Patrx on February 26, 2016, 11:02:49 PM
I'd like to point out that I don't think anyone here will be judging those people who like REBOR's wares and will continue to buy them. I guess I can only speak for myself, but everyone's entitled to buy what they like without anyone giving them trouble over it.

I wouldn't review a REBOR product if they sent it to me free of charge along with a wad of cash, but I'll post any and all REBOR reviews written by other people.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd like to point out that I don't think anyone here will be judging those people who like REBOR's wares and will continue to buy them. I guess I can only speak for myself, but everyone's entitled to buy what they like without anyone giving them trouble over it.

Agreed.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: suspsy on February 27, 2016, 12:53:50 AM

I wouldn't review a REBOR product if they sent it to me free of charge along with a wad of cash, but I'll post any and all REBOR reviews written by other people.

#REBORGate  ;D
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Arul

Wow..have you ever asked by rebor or someone to review rebor model ? I mean, rebor is completely leave this forum. But someday if rebor contact you, you can tell rebor to ask shadowknight about it, i think his acro review is very nice. Just a suggestion hehe  :)

Takama

If i ever get a Rebor I will most likly Review it.

But it must be a truly unique model, and that Compy was close.   However just because I review it does not mean I will Sugar coat everything for the sake of the Rabid fans on Facebook who will most certainly have interesting things once the review is written

tanystropheus

I don't really see the point of instigating on a company's only platform to market their products (personal facebook page). There are ways to be critical but (concurrently) professional. In a sense, it is like a guest that insults his host. The host retaliates, and then everyone calls the cops.

On the other hand, Mrs. REBOR's damage control tactics will be sorely missed at times like this. Peculiar missteps, especially at a time that the company was making significant inroads amongst the 'haters'.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Arul on February 27, 2016, 07:02:58 AM
Wow..have you ever asked by rebor or someone to review rebor model ? I mean, rebor is completely leave this forum. But someday if rebor contact you, you can tell rebor to ask shadowknight about it, i think his acro review is very nice. Just a suggestion hehe  :)
I would like it noted that REBOR never sent me review samples or asked me to review the Acrocanthosaurus.  I did it simply because I like the model and Acrocanthosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs.  I'll do the same if/when Papo does an Acro model.

Honestly, I stopped going to REBOR's Facebook page for information because Facebook is a breeding ground for anger and complaining, not civilized discourse.  This forum's where I get my REBOR info.  And frankly, they're losing my faith by moving away from the line that brought me to them in the first place.  I fear that by the time they put out the Deinonychus trio to go with the Acro that I won't care anymore.  I want to, I want to complete that diorama someday.  And I'd like to get the juvenile Acro when they get to it.  But they've been shotgunning past all the stuff they teased for this year.  So far, no word on King Trident, Cerynian Hind part 2, Cerberus Clan, Ravage(the Allosaurus), the "winter" Yutyrannus, or the Mosasaurus.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Yes shadowknight i know you really love the acro, me too  :) btw, i never hope too much if rebor posting a teaser/spoiler about their next model. I mean, i really love the tylosaur fossil replica and i really want it. But if that replica will be never exist it will be ok for me, they run their own company they know what best for their strategy. Like i said its simple, new figure -> released -> take it if i interested -> love it every day :P

Fluffysaurus

I recently got Judy and Punch, loved Victorias review about it. My grandfather used to draw dinosaurs for me when he was still alive, with plants and small critters. Rebors stuff makes me think about that. All those small extra's. And the details on the dinosaurs. Always makes me wonder whats around the corner. But what i wonder is, when you know how they respond. And im not talking about stargatedalek she did nice, but just in general. I sometimes dont see constructive critisism, but more destructive. Rebors fans are also fiercely in defending Rebor. Dont see why there is a constant flow of. Stop making what you do now!!! Because i want it!!! It the same like walking into a bakery and Shout you want them to sell books. You just cant order a company to do what you want. Be happy with what you do have. I mean, if you dont like retro. There is Safari and Collecta. If you love both thats fine too. Rebor does that.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

suspsy

Quote from: Arul on February 27, 2016, 07:02:58 AM

No, I simply posted that statement to make it clear that while I'm not a REBOR fan, I won't hold it against anyone who is. I reckon I'm one of the last persons here REBOR would choose to deal with.:)

suspsy

And it looks like REBOR deleted stargate's post, in spite of it containing nothing inflammatory or unreasonable. Or at least I can't see it on their page anymore.

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on February 27, 2016, 05:41:39 PM
And it looks like REBOR deleted stargate's post, in spite of it containing nothing inflammatory or unreasonable. Or at least I can't see it on their page anymore.
Very odd given they liked the post yesterday. Nothing but speculation but I'm beginning to sense some in-fighting among REBOR staff.

Dobber

That is part of what does annoy me about REBOR....or at least their one rep. If you are not singing their praises then they treat you like crap or have you piss off. Regardless of how polite or objective you may be. They just don't seem to take criticism well at all. Very child like really.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Halichoeres

This has been a very entertaining read. My thanks to all combatants. Joossa, that was a great synopsis. Relentless pedantry meets petulant defensiveness and now it's a screaming match. I don't really find a lot to sympathize with on any side, but having had a lot of customer service jobs, it's astonishing to me that Rebor can't recognize that it's incumbent on them to be the bigger person regardless of the handful of trolls and the ordinary critics.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tanystropheus

The timing is just bizarre. Why would REBOR attempt to undo all the progress that they've done over the past year? The Dimorphodon pair received glowing reviews from both the awesomebro* and paleonerd* crowds.

*apologies for using these expressions

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 27, 2016, 05:57:14 PM
Quote from: suspsy on February 27, 2016, 05:41:39 PM
Very odd given they liked the post yesterday. Nothing but speculation but I'm beginning to sense some in-fighting among REBOR staff.

They did say a while back that two people (I think it was two at least) had quit the company.

Dobber

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 27, 2016, 06:50:43 PM
This has been a very entertaining read. My thanks to all combatants. Joossa, that was a great synopsis. Relentless pedantry meets petulant defensiveness and now it's a screaming match. I don't really find a lot to sympathize with on any side, but having had a lot of customer service jobs, it's astonishing to me that Rebor can't recognize that it's incumbent on them to be the bigger person regardless of the handful of trolls and the ordinary critics.

Yes, I agree.

As others have said I also don't know why anyone one feels the need to spam their page when they know what type of product they want to make. If it's not for you...then move on don't be a "hater".  However, for every one of them there is the unquestioned supporter that cheers them on no matter what. There area a few of them here too and after reading REBORs edited page you can see it very clearly. Only 1 side is bad to them. There is no objectivity. Look at Victoria's very polite response. REBOR responded fine in that case but their "loyalists" still went on the offensive towards her. One of which I think is a member here. That is the problem with a company encouraging and condoning such action as REBOR has. 

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

deanm

RANT ON

I cannot speak for others on the forum - but I am increasingly finding this Rebor thread to be a long tedious litany of sins, errors, omissions, and statements by the self-righteous (both those for and against).

Quite frankly - this thread and others similar to it is the major reason why I do not participate in the forum more often (and I have been around for a long time - forum v1 & v2). 

I have enough drama in my life - reading more of it here just turns me off.

So with my 0.02$ stated, I do wish you all a great day!  :)

RANT OFF

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: deanm on February 27, 2016, 09:09:02 PM
RANT ON

I cannot speak for others on the forum - but I am increasingly finding this Rebor thread to be a long tedious litany of sins, errors, omissions, and statements by the self-righteous (both those for and against).

Quite frankly - this thread and others similar to it is the major reason why I do not participate in the forum more often (and I have been around for a long time - forum v1 & v2). 

I have enough drama in my life - reading more of it here just turns me off.

So with my 0.02$ stated, I do wish you all a great day!  :)

RANT OFF

Totally agree with you. ;)
Collecting dino-figures is what I do in my free-time and it's a hobby (a.k.a. relax ).
I'm not interested in wars against companies...
If I like a figure I buy it. Otherwise I don't.

And please don't forget how hard is to lead a commercial company these days...

A nice day to all of you.  :)

p.s. Apparently nobody likes Rebor very much in this forum. So why are there almost 16 threads about that company?  >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: