News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalosaurus

I'm not excited for this one, just because we already have 2 amazing carnotaurus: Papo's and Safari's.
But anyways I'll end buying this one as well.
I only wish REBOR goes with not so overproduced species and explore other "alternative" dinosaurs.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Derek.McManus

It looks interesting and is a popular creature look forward to finding out more!

Flaffy

Is it a little to bulky for a carnotaurus? I'm not really interested in this one either. Can't Rebor make some obscure species instead of redoing creatures that have been done before? So far I'm not interested, at all.

Derek.McManus

I feel that Rebor are trying to maximise appeal by going for large carnivorous dinosaurs, I for one would love to see some herbivores!

RobinGoodfellow

..well, I'd like Rebor doing an obscure species too but there is a thing we shouldn't forget: a young commercial company need to sell worldwide.
How many Saurosuchus Galilei or Cotylorhynchus could sell Rebor outside the paleo-fans community ?
Nowadays a young company can go belly up very fast doing a worldwide product that doesn't sell so much...
Please, don't forget about that.

Takama

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 14, 2016, 08:11:31 PM
..well, I'd like Rebor doing an obscure species too but there is a thing we shouldn't forget: a young commercial company need to sell worldwide.
How many Saurosuchus Galilei or Cotylorhynchus could sell Rebor outside the paleo-fans community ?
Nowadays a young company can go belly up very fast doing a worldwide product that doesn't sell so much...
Please, don't forget about that.

To me Im Want more Herbivores. Specifically Ornithopods and Thryphrans.

DinoLord

If only they could stop with the oversized feet. For stuff like Safari figures I don't mind, but for a more expensive figure that comes with a base they really ought to do better...

Takama

Quote from: DinoLord on July 15, 2016, 01:18:22 AM
If only they could stop with the oversized feet. For stuff like Safari figures I don't mind, but for a more expensive figure that comes with a base they really ought to do better...

IF they made the right sized feet, people would complain that it cant stand on its own. Otherwise they would permanently attached the model to the base and thus make even more people mad because Pro permanent base people seem to be a minority in this hobby ::).

Im more concern about the size of it. Will it be a true 1:35 Scale model? or will they screw purists over and give us one of the hulks that appaerad in Disneys Dinosaur.

stargatedalek

I've seen lots of models with properly sized feet stand, and I've seen plenty of models with over-sized feet fall over, many of them REBOR models.

DinoLord

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 15, 2016, 02:30:12 AM
I've seen lots of models with properly sized feet stand, and I've seen plenty of models with over-sized feet fall over, many of them REBOR models.

This just adds insult to injury. If a $10 toy falls over it's not too big of a deal. However if I pay what Rebor asks for a model (not a toy) and it doesn't even stand despite glaringly oversized feet then something is amiss.

tanystropheus

They need pegged bases. I hope REBOR doesn't screw up their upcoming Carnotaurus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: kreativtek on July 14, 2016, 05:14:32 PM
As a lifelong fan of Carnotaurus I cannot say that I am excited about this model. It looks almost exactly like Papo's Carno, with its muscular body, short, bull-like horns, and spikes on the back. But we'll see. Perhaps I am wrong!

This is a great opportunity for them to fix up the snout. It was one of the few areas where the Papo model messed up.

Silvanusaurus

If this Carnotaurus has an accurately narrow head, then I'll actually be very interested. I feel like Rebor's design capabilities are much better suited to these big scaley carnivores than the smaller things they've been doing, as they look less like cartoon characters (e.g. their raptors). Heck, even if it just looks like Disney's Carnotaurus I'll probably still like it, based on my fond memories of loving that design, innacurate though it may have been... I like Papo's iteration for the same reason, but I've always found the pose to be almost too dynamic, whereas I think the neutral pose of this is better suited for display. I think I've gone way past the expectation that Rebor would produce something truly accurate any more, but I can see why this would seem like a dud to many who want something more interesting. 

utd7

REBOR had mentioned a couple of times that they are planning a Carnotaurus and am really excited about it but I share a lot of your concerns that this could turn out to be similair to the Disney Carnotaurus which though it looked cool and menacing is far from what the real creature was size wise.

I also agree with a lot of you in that REBOR should make some less obvious dinosaurs such as my personal favourite Cryolophosaurus which is desperately crying out for a decent figure and some which are herbivores such a type of anylosaur which would look epic REBOR style.
We live in a Jurassic World

MLMjp

Quote from: utd7 on July 15, 2016, 03:18:11 PM
REBOR had mentioned a couple of times that they are planning a Carnotaurus and am really excited about it but I share a lot of your concerns that this could turn out to be similair to the Disney Carnotaurus which though it looked cool and menacing is far from what the real creature was size wise.

I also agree with a lot of you in that REBOR should make some less obvious dinosaurs such as my personal favourite Cryolophosaurus which is desperately crying out for a decent figure and some which are herbivores such a type of anylosaur which would look epic REBOR style.

There´s the Carnegie one, although it may be a bit difficult to find since the line has been retired, there´s also the Battat Terra one.

Silvanusaurus

I think Rebor could do a fantastic prehistoric crocodilian (as Papo did with the Kaprosuchus), maybe something like a Postosuchus, or something more obscure.

stargatedalek

Postosuchus is to well known for its own good, if REBOR made one it would be the top predator semi-quadrupedal version and not the bipedal piscivore of modern reconstructions.

tanystropheus

I want to see Papo, WS or REBOR make a line of prehistoric crocodilians.

Derek.McManus

I would be interested in seeing Rebors take on a Postosuchus, especially with a base!

pylraster

Crocodylians would be great, and being quadrupedal, there will be no stability issues if ever. But no more Kapros or Deinosuchus or Sarcosuchus. Something that hasn't been done yet by mainstream companies. I'd like to see them try a Mourasuchus :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: