News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Given that the REBOR Ceratosaurus is rated at only three stars, despite receiving over 300 votes, it would appear that their campaign failed.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Austin is a friend of mine on Facebook, and he does talk a lot of bad things about this company(which is all on his personal timeline).    But the fact that Rebor shared his post to sick there fans on him really grinds my gears. I had some choice words to say to them on there own page, but i bet you all A Carnegie model that it will be deleted.

The Atroxious

I wasn't here when Rebor went "insane" on the forum. What was that all about?

I don't know, I mean, sure they don't need to stir the pot by replying to that guy, and it probably would have been smarter not to, but at the same time I can understand that it can get awfully frustrating when people are constantly harping on about a deliberate artistic choice, and the desire to speak up against it. Rebor at least didn't write anything particularly inflammatory, whereas the guy they were replying to was definitely being rude and immature, if not a flat-out troll.

Takama

Quote from: The Atroxious on September 15, 2016, 10:40:25 PM

I don't know, I mean, sure they don't need to stir the pot by replying to that guy, and it probably would have been smarter not to, but at the same time I can understand that it can get awfully frustrating when people are constantly harping on about a deliberate artistic choice, and the desire to speak up against it. Rebor at least didn't write anything particularly inflammatory, whereas the guy they were replying to was definitely being rude and immature, if not a flat-out troll.

The kid was only 15, and he did it on his own Timeline, its Rebors fault for shearing it and sicking their fans to tear him to shreds

TO me this is some kind of harassment, I reported the post to Facebook. because this kind of **** is un called for

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on September 15, 2016, 10:37:53 PM
Austin is a friend of mine on Facebook, and he does talk a lot of bad things about this company(which is all on his personal timeline).    But the fact that Rebor shared his post to sick there fans on him really grinds my gears. I had some choice words to say to them on there own page, but i bet you all A Carnegie model that it will be deleted.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on there a second.

REBOR took that screencap from Austin's own personal Facebook page? REBOR seriously went on an active search for negative comments about them just so they could post it on their own page???

What in blue blazes is WRONG with them?!

Dilopho

>:(That is just AWFUL.
Austin might delete his account if he's getting swarmed by reborbarians! Isn't this technically a form of harrasment?

Takama

OK GUYS i made a mistake out of a fit of anger :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Austin posted that on Rebors page. But Rebor is still at fault for sicking there fans on him when he was only 15

Rain

Quote from: Takama on September 15, 2016, 11:04:54 PM
OK GUYS i made a mistake out of a fit of anger :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Austin posted that on Rebors page. But Rebor is still at fault for sicking there fans on him when he was only 15

It's not like they know he's 15...

Sigh, what a petty post on REBOR's part. They just keep digging the hole their in, deeper and deeper. They should just stick to posting pictures for the time being.

Silvanusaurus

They are both acting like ignorant adolescents; but between the 'professional' company that acts like a 15 year old in it's online interactions; and the 15 year old who acts like a needlessly aggressive 15 year old troll in response, the company is the one that needs to grow up and demonstrate that it isn't in fact run by 15 year old trolls itself (which would actually make a lot more sense than the reality). If you're inflammatory in an internet discussion, and are subsequently inflamed yourself when someone is inflamed in response to your inflammation, to the point where your words grow increasingly and unneccessarily inflammatory, then the troll and the trolled become indistinguishable; the flames burn out and there is only one pile of ash left in the end, and it all gets swept away into the same dust bin. 

Arul

Honestly if you can see in the comment rebor try to keep it cool but yeah, the rebor fans... lol :)) Some people maybe think that Austin IS the victim, but imho if you "trash talking", expect some "trash" back. No offense  :)

suspsy

Ah. Well, in that case, my original criticism still stands. Austin's angry post doesn't achieve anything, but REBOR still showed a shocking and sickening lack of maturity by making a huge deal out of it.

Quote from: The Atroxious on September 15, 2016, 10:40:25 PM

Toy companies get criticized, berated, and even trashed all the time, right here on the DTF, on countless other toy forums, and on all varieties of social media. CollectA gets it. Schleich gets it. Hasbro most definitely gets it. But as I pointed out earlier today, can you ever envision Hasbro behaving the way REBOR does, playing tit for tat with angry teenagers? Of course not. It honestly doesn't matter how hurt their feelings may be. If they want to stay in business, they seriously need to grow a thicker skin and a mature business attitude. It's the same reason why restaurant servers or Starbucks employees can't get away with insulting rude customers, even if they deserve it.

Fluffysaurus

Despite the fact how Rebors response is. And how old the person is that reacted like how he did. I think complaining over how the dinosaurs look is a little, well how do i say that. Not Necessary. I mean Chronicle produces JP merchandising. Heard nobody complaining on that. Fact is Rebor can create what they want, and how they want. That is not up to us. That doesnt mean i approve or disapprove the way they react. But the person that reacted could have seen this coming. Rebor always responds like that. If we like it or not. Maybe it is a better idea to not respond at all. If you are offended by their behaviour. You know when you throw oil on a fire. Thats what happens. So if you dont want it. Dont throw oil on it. Right? You dont wash away stripes on a tiger after all. But its good we can talk about it.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Dinofiel on September 16, 2016, 01:30:12 AM
Despite the fact how Rebors response is. And how old the person is that reacted like how he did. I think complaining over how the dinosaurs look is a little, well how do i say that. Not Necessary. I mean Chronicle produces JP merchandising. Heard nobody complaining on that. Fact is Rebor can create what they want, and how they want. That is not up to us. That doesnt mean i approve or disapprove the way they react. But the person that reacted could have seen this coming. Rebor always responds like that. If we like it or not. Maybe it is a better idea to not respond at all. If you are offended by their behaviour. You know when you throw oil on a fire. Thats what happens. So if you dont want it. Dont throw oil on it. Right? You dont wash away stripes on a tiger after all. But its good we can talk about it.
This isn't about REBOR making inaccurate dinosaurs, it's about them (initially) claiming their dinosaurs were accurate, and in response to (well *bleeping* deserved) backlash they decided to start flinging insults around. And for that matter they don't even have the license for Jurassic Park like Chronicle does, so what they're doing is often on shaky legal ground to begin with. A very tasteless company in general.

I bought the Compsognathus and dragonfly and highly regret it. The Compsognathus jaw doesn't hold snugly and the dragonfly's wings are just thin sheets of laminate. Detailed as they both are they are far from worth the price. I wish I'd just bought one of the Hasbro JP/// Compsognathus instead.

Takama

I disliked Rebor on Facebook.   I was more or less passive aggressive towards them in the past. but this incident is what broke my back.   I also reported the incident to Facebook when i thoght they snooped on his account. but I doubt that the reporting would do any good.   But if it does do something, and it is enough to bring them down, then I apologize to all of the fans who were not bitten by there rabid Jaws, and actually care about there products.

The Atroxious

Quote from: Arul on September 16, 2016, 12:52:10 AM
Honestly if you can see in the comment rebor try to keep it cool but yeah, the rebor fans... lol :)) Some people maybe think that Austin IS the victim, but imho if you "trash talking", expect some "trash" back. No offense  :)

I agree with this. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. As I said, I don't think Rebor's response was anywhere near as hostile as was the original message.

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 16, 2016, 02:06:24 AM
This isn't about REBOR making inaccurate dinosaurs, it's about them (initially) claiming their dinosaurs were accurate, and in response to (well *bleeping* deserved) backlash they decided to start flinging insults around. And for that matter they don't even have the license for Jurassic Park like Chronicle does, so what they're doing is often on shaky legal ground to begin with. A very tasteless company in general.

To be fair, Papo does Jurassic Park copies without licence as well, and no one has contested the legality as far as I'm aware. I don't know too much about the insult flinging you mention, but for the case at hand, I wouldn't call sarcasm an insult. I may not be very interested in their products, but at the same time, with social media being as prevalent as it is, more and more companies are now interacting with their audience, and in many cases there are human indiscretions, not necessarilly because the PR folks are awful and vindictive, but because many people don't yet view social media as a professional outlet, and PR folks are human too. That doesn't make it right or professional, but it doesn't make me hate that company either, especially in cases like this when the rebuttal to a volley of complaints is mild sarcasm.

tanystropheus

LOL again!?  C:-)

Hmm...at least REBOR posts criticisms. A lot of folks these days censor the opposition. Also, I thought it was weirdly humble for REBOR to claim that Papo is the superior company.

stargatedalek

Quote from: The Atroxious on September 16, 2016, 04:14:52 AM
Quote from: Arul on September 16, 2016, 12:52:10 AM

I agree with this. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. As I said, I don't think Rebor's response was anywhere near as hostile as was the original message.

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 16, 2016, 02:06:24 AM

To be fair, Papo does Jurassic Park copies without licence as well, and no one has contested the legality as far as I'm aware. I don't know too much about the insult flinging you mention, but for the case at hand, I wouldn't call sarcasm an insult. I may not be very interested in their products, but at the same time, with social media being as prevalent as it is, more and more companies are now interacting with their audience, and in many cases there are human indiscretions, not necessarilly because the PR folks are awful and vindictive, but because many people don't yet view social media as a professional outlet, and PR folks are human too. That doesn't make it right or professional, but it doesn't make me hate that company either, especially in cases like this when the rebuttal to a volley of complaints is mild sarcasm.
You weren't here back when REBOR used to actively post. They repeatedly made fun of slight grammar mistakes of anyone who disliked their products, insulted the competitors products, and more recently on their Facebook incited their fans to flame anyone who publicly disliked them or their products, cursed at and teased would be customers, and made absolutely disgusting excuses for serious quality control problems.

I don't care how aggressive the original comment was, one can (no offense intended) clearly tell the poster was fairly young.

And for the record some members on here have in fact questioned the morality of Papos JP clones. I seem to recall Universal suing them at some point and loosing on some ridiculous grounds like the designs being scientifically plausible or some such nonsense.

The Atroxious

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 16, 2016, 04:30:04 AM
You weren't here back when REBOR used to actively post. They repeatedly made fun of slight grammar mistakes of anyone who disliked their products, insulted the competitors products, and more recently on their Facebook incited their fans to flame anyone who publicly disliked them or their products, cursed at and teased would be customers, and made absolutely disgusting excuses for serious quality control problems.

I don't care how aggressive the original comment was, one can (no offense intended) clearly tell the poster was fairly young.

And for the record some members on here have in fact questioned the morality of Papos JP clones. I seem to recall Universal suing them at some point and loosing on some ridiculous grounds like the designs being scientifically plausible or some such nonsense.

That clears things up a lot. Actively ridiculing people (and for irrelevant reasons as well) would understandably incite backlash toward the company.

The idea of that lawsuit amuses me for some reason. I'm imagining some weird discussions about the anatomy and taxonomy of dinosaurs, such as quill knobs and "Velociraptor" antirrhopus versus Velociraptor mongoliensis from a legal perspective. I don't expect most lawyers to understand phylogenetic bracketing, but all the same, the fact that this design was legally considered plausible is baffling.

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I treat Rebor like I do Walmart.  They may have a product I like, so I'll buy it, even if I dislike the company.  I'm happy with my Acro and my JP raptor, slightly less so with my Utahraptor, but overall not enough to raise **** about it.  For now.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tyrantqueen

QuoteYou weren't here back when REBOR used to actively post. They repeatedly made fun of slight grammar mistakes of anyone who disliked their products, insulted the competitors products, and more recently on their Facebook incited their fans to flame anyone who publicly disliked them or their products, cursed at and teased would be customers, and made absolutely disgusting excuses for serious quality control problems.

I think they implied once that they were going to sue me (or take me to court, as we'd say in the UK) because I said that their Yutyrannus was heavily influenced by the Papo Allosaurus. Hilarious, considering most of their figures are shameless copies of Jurassic Park designs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: