News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

A comparative photograph of Rebor's dilophosaurus and tyrannosaurus rex. You can see the difference in size, step a link,

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1582567335203602/?type=3&theater

Shadowknight1

I don't see a T. rex in that picture.  I see a mutant Dilophosaurus and a V-rex though.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 20, 2018, 05:17:03 AM
I don't see a T. rex in that picture.  I see a mutant Dilophosaurus and a V-rex though.

I understand what you say, if good in theory is a tyrannosaurus rex and a dilophosaurus but it is actually a vastatosaurus of the "Isle of Skull" and a dilophosaurus in the style of JP. You're right.  ;) That is not going to be an impediment for one day to buy that figure ... although it will have to wait for months or years.

Obviously I am focusing on other figures and my budget unfortunately does not allow for more. I will celebrate if a DTF member gets it.

Syndicate Bias

Hehehe i would have bought it as soon as it came.out but i have used up most of my dino budget this year and if PNSO releases something its game over for me

Shonisaurus

I honestly will focus for now on the companies Papo, Collecta and Schleich. The Rebor figures I like but I like them more because they are scientific PNSO or Vitae but those three companies sell dinosaurs at very expensive prices, so I'm going to limit purchases this year I'm going to limit them to the classic companies (Safari, Schleich, Papo , Mojo and Collecta), to the request I have made to Brett of Favorite Soft Model and Kaiyodo and in prehistoric animals discontinued from Play Visions and Battat (the three that I have left).

I really like dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general but obviously I'm not a suicidal or a prodigal, so I'll look a little bit at my monetary account and think a little about saving.

In this case, since it is the thread in question, I really like the paleoartistic and even cinematographic interpretations of Rebor and I say this with all due respect to the Rebor company, but the prices of these figures are very expensive. I can not in my case afford those Asian luxuries metaphorically speaking.

Syndicate Bias

Welp im stuck with papo currently because i cannot trust their paint quality on their models. After papo i can finally focus on PNSO. I think rebor will have to wait. I need the PNSO Amargasaurus. giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus to complete me

Shonisaurus

More news from Rebor

Spinosaurus by Rebor, I honestly like the versions of other brands, for example Papo, I pass the link:

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1590214087772260/?type=3&theater

And for the next year the two prehistoric crocodiles:

Deinosuchus nicknamed Meta and Sarcosuchus nicknamed "Lica"

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1590318031095199/?type=3&theater

In this case these versions are better than other brands.

mgaguilar

IN THAT SAME POST THEY STATED THEY WERE ALSO GOING TO RELEASE AN UPDATED RECONSTRUCTION FOR SPINOSAURUS.

This seems like Rebor's first move towards scientific accuracy, even stating that the Jurassic Park version is a "retro reconstruction."
Exciting!

Renecito

Coming releases:

-Titanoboa
-V. Rex
-Deinosuchus
-Sarcosuchus
-Science friendly Spinosaurus

Now I'm starting to like Rebor!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Faelrin

Looks like there's been a huge dump of info and pics lately. So where to start? Well I guess I'll start with their Spinosaurus. I am digging how it looks sculpt wise so far. It looks pretty film accurate for the most part. If they nail the paint scheme, I might be all for this one, even if Mattel's is sure to satisfy my needs (or the Papo one I still don't even have). However I'm more excited about the possible realistic styled one. I'm curious to see how theirs turn's out. Now if only they could the same for their Dilophosaurus (though I'm sure the JP styled one will be okay, if they nail the paint scheme, although there's always I-Toy's which is really well done).

I'm glad the crocs are going to see the day of light after all, since these might be the best options out there for these species, even if it might be during next year.

Looks like their TLW raptor is coming out next month. I sure hope so since I've been waiting a while on this one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

IrritatorRaji

Oh lordy that Spino

Not totally won over by it now, but I'd love to see what it looks like in the future (I mean, it's obviously gonna have a JP3 colour scheme, but I'm excited to see the final product)

Minmiminime

I certainly look forward to seeing how a current reconstruction of a Spinosaurus by them turns out. If they apply similar textures to those found on "Vanilla Ice" that could be intriguing 😊

On that note, I think that Vanilla Ice has turned out well, I really like the subtle colour scheme! However, like their beautifully accomplished JP 'raptors he probably won't make it into my collection, nonetheless. Space and finances and a preference for less pop-culture influence have swung their fate in that regard.

I do think he'd look fantastic as a modern-day Dino Rider, though...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

suspsy

Just saw the Spinosaurus pics. Ugh. Just ugh. I've never liked REBOR (as many of you well know), but at least they used to make their own inaccurate dinosaurs instead of just ripping off someone else's inaccurate dinosaurs.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on June 25, 2018, 12:32:51 AM
Just saw the Spinosaurus pics. Ugh. Just ugh. I've never liked REBOR (as many of you well know), but at least they used to make their own inaccurate dinosaurs instead of just ripping off someone else's inaccurate dinosaurs.
Honestly, no point bemoaning that.  Papo did it long before REBOR came along.  But it seems that for every accurate dinosaur they make, they make about 12 inaccurate, movie based ones.  Considering the only ones I'd consider accurate are the Acrocanthosaurus and the Deinonychus(counting as one since the molds are all the same, just painted differently), I think that about adds up, yes?  Maybe the Ceratosaurus, but I don't own it nor do I know a great deal about Ceratosaurus, so I can't fully attest to the accuracy there.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Renecito on June 24, 2018, 06:44:01 PM
Coming releases:

-Titanoboa
-V. Rex
-Deinosuchus
-Sarcosuchus
-Science friendly Spinosaurus

Now I'm starting to like Rebor!!!

You've forgotten the velociraptor nicknamed "Sweeney" is available in mid-July A Facebook user Rebor asked when the velociraptor in question would be available and the company replied that in mid-July.

So you have to add the velociraptor "Sweeney".

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 25, 2018, 12:40:58 AM
Honestly, no point bemoaning that.  Papo did it long before REBOR came along.  But it seems that for every accurate dinosaur they make, they make about 12 inaccurate, movie based ones.  Considering the only ones I'd consider accurate are the Acrocanthosaurus and the Deinonychus(counting as one since the molds are all the same, just painted differently), I think that about adds up, yes?  Maybe the Ceratosaurus, but I don't own it nor do I know a great deal about Ceratosaurus, so I can't fully attest to the accuracy there.

Their acrocanthosaurus and Ceratosaurus are apparently their most accurate followed by the carno which says something because they still have some.Innacurate features but those three look closer to accurate than anything else they got

Syndicate Bias

Im.excited for their Spinosaurus. Both the retro and modern ones. I think people put too much judgment on Rebor in this forum when it comes to JP styled dinosaurs. Papo had long done the same thing and doesn't get much flack. Papo has done exactly the same dinosaurs, the spino, the t rex, their running rex has the v rex head, and they have the triceratops and velociraptor and the brachiosaurus and the pteranodon. Think Rebor's issue is not jp but rather not making an accurate version or closer to it like papo tried with their Feathered raptor

Shonisaurus

The truth that it will be interesting how dinosaurs and prehistoric scientific animals will make Rebor. I understand that they have the potential to make good figures just look at the sarcosuchus and the deinosuchus for two examples.

Takama

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 25, 2018, 04:34:50 PM
Im.excited for their Spinosaurus. Both the retro and modern ones. I think people put too much judgment on Rebor in this forum when it comes to JP styled dinosaurs. Papo had long done the same thing and doesn't get much flack. Papo has done exactly the same dinosaurs, the spino, the t rex, their running rex has the v rex head, and they have the triceratops and velociraptor and the brachiosaurus and the pteranodon. Think Rebor's issue is not jp but rather not making an accurate version or closer to it like papo tried with their Feathered raptor

You might want to take a look at this thread.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6293.0

There is a reason that Papo gets less flack then Rebor

tanystropheus

There's a fairly large difference in quality between pre-production prototypes and the final version. The V-rex turned out pretty well. Even when dinosaur models are relatively finished...there still exists a large margin with respect to quality and delivery. People were ridiculing the Papo Theri (calling it a DeviantArt fetish hack). Now, it is regarded as Papo's finest!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: