News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

As I was interested in facebook, reservations for the titanoboa can be made from October.

stargatedalek

It's not like basing it on traditional boas would be accurate either, given how dainty it's piscivorous skull and teeth are. Smithsonian's version that everyone loves so much is equally inaccurate, just a big monster snake either way.

Dinoxels

Hey just out of curiosity does anyone know about that Shin Godzilla embryo that was revealed a little while back? It was released around April Fools day (can't remember if it was 2020 or '19), but was confirmed not to be a joke. 
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DragonRider02

Quote from: Dinoxels on October 04, 2020, 11:59:04 PM
Hey just out of curiosity does anyone know about that Shin Godzilla embryo that was revealed a little while back? It was released around April Fools day (can't remember if it was 2020 or '19), but was confirmed not to be a joke.
I think I remember them posting photos of finished products some time ago on Facebook, but I am not 100% sure

Also, Is that supposed to be Shin Godzilla or Adam from Evangelion? 🤔

suspsy

Huh. Judging from this Facebook thread, at least one individual at Rebor is still super peeved about all the flack the plucked Yutyrannus received here years ago. As that one Bernard guy points out in the comments, it's sad how they can't rise above their petty bitterness and stop complaining about "feather nazis."

https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/3181453018648351/?extid=0&d=n
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

And then there are the usual comments from the feather haters/BANDits/creationists/whatever...

Fact is that Rebor's poor excuse of a Yutyrannus is beaten by pretty much every other Yutyrannus on the market, the sole expection being it's own knock-off. Don't want to be critized? Do your work! ( Their lack of doing their work is also shown due to the fact that they think that the Tyrannosaurus is considered "under-feathered". )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

OH   Now there not Going to Release the Triceratops Because They Said

"We Dont Feel Like Releasing him tell you the truth, Trikes are boreing" ::)

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 10, 2020, 11:49:29 PM
And then there are the usual comments from the feather haters/BANDits/creationists/whatever...

Fact is that Rebor's poor excuse of a Yutyrannus is beaten by pretty much every other Yutyrannus on the market, the sole expection being it's own knock-off. Don't want to be critized? Do your work! ( Their lack of doing their work is also shown due to the fact that they think that the Tyrannosaurus is considered "under-feathered". )

Hell, i read the comments and was, well not surprised, but shocked. Facebook seems to be no place i would like to be. This one Kevin was unbearable.

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on October 11, 2020, 12:11:56 AM
OH   Now there not Going to Release the Triceratops Because They Said

"We Dont Feel Like Releasing him tell you the truth, Trikes are boreing" ::)

Yeah, I posted a link to that thread as well:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3638.msg267637#msg267637

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

That's really disappointing, regarding the Triceratops, particularly how long it was teased (and I guess that holiday production date was a lie in end, though honestly too surprised with no further updates on it), and how long folks have been waiting for it. Why mess around like that and get folks hopes up, only to crush them? At that point I wonder why waste effort on such a gorgeous sculpt too? Strange business decision too considering how Triceratops is one of the most popular dinosaurs in general, aside from ceratopsians being popular as well, but well I guess I can't be too surprised considering how carnivore obsessed they are.

Oh well, got the Safari Ltd one, and the Beasts of the Mesozoic ones on the way down the road, so I'll live without it. I'm still behind on their other releases, so even if it did release it would be pushed back anyways (such as Acrocanthosaurus, Deinonychus trio, Stegosaurus, etc).

What I am wondering though is what ever happened to the GnG Spinosaurus? Haven't heard anything about it since the new tail discovery honestly. Also wondering about the Sarcosuchus and Deinosuchus. Last I heard they were releasing skulls to get the funds to produce them? Were the skulls even produced? I don't recall seeing pre-orders or that they were in stock.

I'm also wondering when the Gorilla Z will release. Had it pre-ordered for most of the year now. Still no updates on when it will release. Don't want to be taken off guard with it if/when it releases.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Quote from: Faelrin on October 11, 2020, 01:28:46 AM
That's really disappointing, regarding the Triceratops, particularly how long it was teased (and I guess that holiday production date was a lie in end, though honestly too surprised with no further updates on it), and how long folks have been waiting for it. Why mess around like that and get folks hopes up, only to crush them? At that point I wonder why waste effort on such a gorgeous sculpt too? Strange business decision too considering how Triceratops is one of the most popular dinosaurs in general, aside from ceratopsians being popular as well, but well I guess I can't be too surprised considering how carnivore obsessed they are.

Oh well, got the Safari Ltd one, and the Beasts of the Mesozoic ones on the way down the road, so I'll live without it. I'm still behind on their other releases, so even if it did release it would be pushed back anyways (such as Acrocanthosaurus, Deinonychus trio, Stegosaurus, etc).

What I am wondering though is what ever happened to the GnG Spinosaurus? Haven't heard anything about it since the new tail discovery honestly. Also wondering about the Sarcosuchus and Deinosuchus. Last I heard they were releasing skulls to get the funds to produce them? Were the skulls even produced? I don't recall seeing pre-orders or that they were in stock.

I'm also wondering when the Gorilla Z will release. Had it pre-ordered for most of the year now. Still no updates on when it will release. Don't want to be taken off guard with it if/when it releases.

A lot to unpack here. In regards to the trike, based on their language it doesn't sound (to me at least) that it has been outright canceled, just pushed to the back burner (yet again) for the time being while they focus on other projects. You're absolutely right though, the sculpt has been finished and from the look of that image a mold has been produced for test cast purposes. That's a lot of time and resources that would just go down the drain if they were to just not produce the figure. That, paired with the overall anticipation for this fan favorite dinosaur would make it a poor choice on REBOR's part to simply cancel the product this far into development. Maybe it's a ruse, an effort to get people to stop asking about it and generate some buzz so they can roll it out later with fresh publicity to bolster its arrival.

As far as the GnG Spino, I believe one of the paint schemes was canceled, but I vaguely remember them saying early next year for the rest. When asked if they would be taking the extra time to refine the tail, the answer was a resounding no to put it politely. So still coming to my knowledge, but not till next year. The skulls are also still being produced, they're part of the second wave that will be replacing wave one of the carno, ceratosaurus, and yutyrannus. I think they're only doing one run of each wave like the titanoboa, so it shouldn't be long after the first wave shows up, probably early next year.

I think one of REBOR's biggest problems is their lack of focus when it comes to creating products. They're so spasmodic with their teases and releases that I have a hard time keeping track of what has been released, canceled, or is still coming. Rather than showing off everything they're currently working on at every stage of production, I really wish they would go the standard route of having a set number of products to be released each year that are only shown off once the products are ready for the shelves. On one hand, I think it is cool to see the behind the scenes work and progress shots of their products, and REBOR probably feels like these step by step teasers build anticipation that will boost sales, and I'm sure it does to an extent. When people wait months or even years for a model, I bet there are plenty that buy it as soon as it becomes available. I know I'll be ordering the upcoming carnotaurus as soon as it pops up. But on the other hand, the delayed wait could lead to others giving up hope, finding something else to buy, or just losing interest by the time the model is finally available. Then of course there are the consumers who are alienated when their most anticipated model goes the way of this trike and just doesn't get produced because REBOR is either too busy or doesn't currently have the funds to do so. (I swear, if that carnotaurus rex falls through I'll never know happiness again) Ultimately, I think it is possible for REBOR to still show off their work in progress photos, and I love to see them, but I think those are better saved for after the fact to avoid impatience, disappointment and confusion.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely Rebor offers us a candy to later take it off for example the sarcosuchus, deinosuchus or even the protoceratops.

Regarding the gorilla Z that Faelrin mentions on the shop.modellpferdeversand.de page, it says in the pre-order review of each of the three versions of the gorilla Rebor that they will be available in November. Taking into account that Rebor's Tyrannosaurus Rex Kadaver "Bites the Dust" were scheduled according to that website in September and were actually marketed in September but almost mid-late September. Makes me think that all three of Rebor's Gorilla Z's will be ready in mid-late November.

On the other hand I also want the Gorilla Z by Rebor limited version of bigbadtoystore whose figure I have also reserved. So we will have to wait. In fact, reservations take from the moment you order them and even from the time you buy them. I have also reserved the three Nanmu tyrannosaurus in lacitedesnuages.be and that reservation was made in August and the same can be said about the dinosaurs of Favorite de Brett. In my case, experience tells me to wait. I don't mind waiting whatever for Rebor's four Gorilla Z's at shop.modellpferdeversand.de and bigbadtoystore respectively.

Patience is a virtue and it makes us much better people.

Loon

Shame, I was really looking forward to a over-textured, inaccurate Triceratops...

Over9K

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on October 11, 2020, 08:40:05 AM
Shame, I was really looking forward to a over-textured, inaccurate Triceratops...

I really wouldn't worry. It's coming. It's funny how REBOR knows exactly how to wad the haters' panties.

Loon

Quote from: Over9K on October 14, 2020, 03:06:38 AM
...It's funny how REBOR knows exactly how to wad the haters' panties.

It seems they also attract only the most mature individuals, too.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: suspsy on October 10, 2020, 11:38:51 PM
Huh. Judging from this Facebook thread, at least one individual at Rebor is still super peeved about all the flack the plucked Yutyrannus received here years ago. As that one Bernard guy points out in the comments, it's sad how they can't rise above their petty bitterness and stop complaining about "feather nazis."

https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/3181453018648351/?extid=0&d=n

"Feather nazis"... Godwin's Law at its finest. Good to know avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO is okay with this post representing their company, I need to save up for more PNSO figs :P

Honestly, comparing trivial crap like this to Nazi Germany is unprofessional and makes them look dumb as f...

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on October 11, 2020, 12:19:28 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on October 10, 2020, 11:49:29 PM

Hell, i read the comments and was, well not surprised, but shocked. Facebook seems to be no place i would like to be. This one Kevin was unbearable.

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs

"Kevin ist kein Name, sondern eine Diagnose" ;)

stargatedalek

To be fair, I've seen feather-nazi used as a play on grammar-nazi. So still in incredibly poor taste to continue using given recent and current US events, but theoretically not meant as an outright call to arms.

As for the former REBOR rep still being petty about that figure all these years later; they came here, made a giant post not about their company, but about their Yutyrannus, and not about how cool it was, but about how scientifically rigorous it allegedly was. They came into a pre-existing community and started spouting click-bait corporatized lies and got rightfully torn asunder for it.

If they had shown up and talked about being a new startup company, or even about their new product being a fantastical and stylized take on a recently discovered animal, things would have gone fine. Instead they showed up bluffing like a large company, spouting grab words about scientific accuracy and "museum quality" that they either didn't care about or knew were fake.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on October 17, 2020, 01:00:57 PM
"Kevin ist kein Name, sondern eine Diagnose" ;)

Haha. Exactly^^

So, has the Smilodon Pic been here? I'll just saw it and since i am not that into Mammals, other than Marine Mammals, i do not know a lot about accuracy. But i remember the Talk about the Muscles and i have to Admit, that i really like this sculpt overall.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: