You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica “Savage” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on July 28, 2015, 07:15:14 AM
Okie doke, here it is.

https://youtu.be/24Ohz35Dp1w

How cool.  I didn't realize you had an entire Youtube channel full of dino reviews.  I'll have to check those out.  Thanks for sharing!   :)

MeloDino

The feet on mine (from recent BBTS shipment) did have the tray, and the figure can stand by itself very easily. The back foot wasn't perfectly in place so i just moved it a bit and now it has both feet flat on the ground. The jaw on mine is also stuck, but I prefer its mouth closed so I probably won't be messing with it.

Shadowknight1

I will say that my REBOR Utahraptor also won't shut it's mouth 100%, just about 99%.  And judging by pictures, I don't think Savage has a lot of range to open his mouth, but I could be wrong.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 28, 2015, 04:33:56 PMHow cool.  I didn't realize you had an entire Youtube channel full of dino reviews.  I'll have to check those out.  Thanks for sharing!   :)

Oh yes! I hope you like it.

Quote from: MeloDino on July 28, 2015, 06:47:18 PM
The feet on mine (from recent BBTS shipment) did have the tray, and the figure can stand by itself very easily. The back foot wasn't perfectly in place so i just moved it a bit and now it has both feet flat on the ground. The jaw on mine is also stuck, but I prefer its mouth closed so I probably won't be messing with it.

Right on. So it seems the tray isn't a 100% fix, then since we both clearly had some issues with the feet. Did you heat yours up to reposition the leg? I did that with my Papo Allosaurus (to little avail). But I'm a bit scared to do it to the Ceratosaurus.

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 28, 2015, 11:26:33 PM
I will say that my REBOR Utahraptor also won't shut it's mouth 100%, just about 99%.  And judging by pictures, I don't think Savage has a lot of range to open his mouth, but I could be wrong.

It seems like the back of the lower jaw is blocked by the neck. I think that's what's preventing it from opening all the way.

Shadowknight1

The Papo Allosaurus is near impossible to reposition Victoria.  The best suggestion I have with that is to perhaps push the leg a bit past where you want it, then SLOWLY cool it.  If you use hot water and then let it dry normally, I can guarantee that won't work.

And I had a feeling, that might just be how the Savage is designed.  And does he stand on the base?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 29, 2015, 01:56:09 AM
The Papo Allosaurus is near impossible to reposition Victoria.  The best suggestion I have with that is to perhaps push the leg a bit past where you want it, then SLOWLY cool it.  If you use hot water and then let it dry normally, I can guarantee that won't work.

And I had a feeling, that might just be how the Savage is designed.  And does he stand on the base?

The Ceratosaurus does stand on the base, yes.

I may try that with the Allosaurus. Initially I tried only heating and repositioning it. The second time I tried heating it and then placing the leg in a cup of cool water for a couple minutes. It seemed to help initially, but now it's having a hard time standing up at all. I may just order another one at some point and see if it's any better.

joossa

In a miraculous and weird turn of events, my Ceratosaurus has decided to stand by itself off the base where before, it could not. The last hairdrier treatment I gave it was a long time ago and it ended up reverting back anyway, so I think the recent heat and humidity combined with the fact that I have him on my shelf off the base has influenced his feet to slightly reposition themselves just enough. Maybe once it gets cooler in fall, he'll start falling over again?  ???

Here he is just minutes ago on the top shelf:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: joossa on July 29, 2015, 06:16:08 AM
In a miraculous and weird turn of events, my Ceratosaurus has decided to stand by itself off the base where before, it could not. The last hairdrier treatment I gave it was a long time ago and it ended up reverting back anyway, so I think the recent heat and humidity combined with the fact that I have him on my shelf off the base has influenced his feet to slightly reposition themselves just enough. Maybe once it gets cooler in fall, he'll start falling over again?  ???

Here he is just minutes ago on the top shelf:

The temperature has great influence on the figures.
Now in Italy is very hot.
And my X-Plus Albertosaurus (vinyl) fits perfectly into its base ( when I bought it, there was no way to fix the feet into the base's pin....
I hope it will stay in this position during the next winter ::)

ItsTwentyBelow

Got my Savage in the mail today! I have to say, I am pleased with the result. It had the tray, and it stands well on two feet, on and off the neat base. Also, it's BIGGER than I was imagining, always a plus.

The jaw was fused shut, but some hot water and careful wiggling opened it up. It does like to stay relatively more closed, but simple wear will normalize things in the hinge I am sure. I saw a spot of paint rub on one side of the tongue, and I'm guessing this is where the jaw was stuck closed. Not a big enough spot to notice.

I think my main gripe is the typo on the info card! "Ceratosaurus was a large predatory theropod dinosaur lived approximate 153 to 148 million years ago..."  ::)

Sorry for the poor lighting! I can't wait to see the finished Dimorphodon duo, and whatever else is next.

Monkeysaurus

I think my main gripe is the typo on the info card! "Ceratosaurus was a large predatory theropod dinosaur lived approximate 153 to 148 million years ago..."

You'll notice those quite frequently in Rebor products. While they're based in the U.K, they are not native English speakers I believe, hence the spelling errors. It doesn't bother me though, their products are so life like that I can look past the grammar :)
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Halichoeres

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 02, 2015, 05:53:29 PM

You'll notice those quite frequently in Rebor products. While they're based in the U.K, they are not native English speakers I believe, hence the spelling errors. It doesn't bother me though, their products are so life like that I can look past the grammar :)

I got the same impression from the fellow who used to post in the forum. Maybe accounted for some of the friction.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Monkeysaurus

I got the same impression from the fellow who used to post in the forum. Maybe accounted for some of the friction.
[/quote]

Yeah, I was going to say something to that effect, however I didn't want it to come off as condescending or inappropriate. 90% of human communication is conveyed through body language and tone of voice so a lot gets lost in translation through text. Add a language barrier, and things get even messier. I was an exchange student in Costa Rica as a kid, and learning the subtleties of a foreign culture's language is more than intimidating to say the least.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It just makes me wonder which country the reps were from if not the UK.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 02, 2015, 09:30:21 PM

Yeah, I was going to say something to that effect, however I didn't want it to come off as condescending or inappropriate. 90% of human communication is conveyed through body language and tone of voice so a lot gets lost in translation through text. Add a language barrier, and things get even messier. I was an exchange student in Costa Rica as a kid, and learning the subtleties of a foreign culture's language is more than intimidating to say the least.

It definitely is. I spent half of last year in Colombia and I am sure I offended some people unwittingly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 03, 2015, 02:05:07 PM
It definitely is. I spent half of last year in Colombia and I am sure I offended some people unwittingly.

I know for a fact I did  :-X

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 03, 2015, 02:09:27 AM
It just makes me wonder which country the reps were from if not the UK.

They look Korean to me based on their FB pics

Victoria's Cantina

I found my Cerato laying on his shelf. Seems like the toe claw finally gave way and he tumbled over. No damage or anything, so I put him on his base and he seems to be doing OK so far.

gfxtwin

The cerato's feet seemed big to me, but I realized they are basically in proportion but the toes are spread out, which is a cool trade off.  Also, for whatever reason, this legs were totally warped out of the box (it had no plastic leg shape-preserver thing) but all it took was some hair drying and a dip in ice water and it's been fixed for over a week, even in this humid weather.  Really happy with this figure, looking forward to seeing more from Rebor, they are definitely earning their star reputation in the dinosaur figure market with the quality of their products IMHO. 

Erwinonychus

Received my Ceratosaurus yesterday. It's a beautiful figure once again.

The paintjob is awesome, and the figure has no standing issues at all. It had large sweet spots though, never expected that.

The only problem I had, was articulated jaw. It was completely stuck. After 30 minutes I finally achieved to open the mouth. The paint from inside the mouth joined the paint of the articulated jaw. I now have some minor spots in the mouth where there is no paint on it.

Next weekend I'll post some pictures of it. For now I'm happy with my Savage, overall.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Erwinonychus on October 08, 2015, 08:41:10 AM
Received my Ceratosaurus yesterday. It's a beautiful figure once again.

The paintjob is awesome, and the figure has no standing issues at all. It had large sweet spots though, never expected that.

The only problem I had, was articulated jaw. It was completely stuck. After 30 minutes I finally achieved to open the mouth. The paint from inside the mouth joined the paint of the articulated jaw. I now have some minor spots in the mouth where there is no paint on it.

Next weekend I'll post some pictures of it. For now I'm happy with my Savage, overall.

Congrats! The paint on yours looks a little different. Not in a bad way, just a bit more muted than mine does. It looks nice.

tyrantqueen

QuoteNot in a bad way, just a bit more muted than mine does. It looks nice.
I thought that was because there is no flash.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: