News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Doug Watson's collection

Started by Doug Watson, February 13, 2015, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on December 14, 2018, 09:42:29 PM
thanks mr. Doug for having listened to our requests. their models are incredible I never tire of seeing them. I can not wait to have them soon in my hands when they are available. For a collector, the sculptor of attention to the requests of his admirers has no price. Thank you ^-^

My pleasure.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I like all the prototypes on the first page, it's nice to see all the fantastic detail in the sculpts without the paint on it. And I like the Stegosaurus throat armour detailing, it looks fantastic and I can't wait to buy it. Thanks for sharing these.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Doug Watson

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 15, 2018, 06:44:04 PM
I like all the prototypes on the first page, it's nice to see all the fantastic detail in the sculpts without the paint on it. And I like the Stegosaurus throat armour detailing, it looks fantastic and I can't wait to buy it. Thanks for sharing these.

You are welcome.

Jorgesaurus

Mr. Doug Watson the new stegosaurus and the triceratops 2018 have the same dimensions the size is similar or stegosaurus is a larger figure

Doug Watson

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on December 17, 2018, 05:29:54 PM
Mr. Doug Watson the new stegosaurus and the triceratops 2018 have the same dimensions the size is similar or stegosaurus is a larger figure

Both are 1:35 scale and I don't have a production version of the Stegosaurus yet but the dimensions of the originals are Triceratops 8.25" L x 4.25" H x 2.875" W Stegosaurus 8.75" L x 4.375" H x 3.125" W the Triceratops has more bulk. The production pieces will be slightly smaller.

Shonisaurus

By the way Doug the safari stegosaurus then has a larger size than the triceratops, I'm glad for it I like the large figures.

On the other hand the stegosaurus, allosaurus, spinosaurus and pteranodon when will they be available in online stores in America and Europe? I am very interested in the four figures of Safari especially when they are the only dinosaur novelties of 2019 of that brand that I need.

Is it true that it may take time to reach Europe until March 2019? Urzeitshop (Miron) told me that they would be available to us until that date.

By the way, what species does your allosaurus of Safari 2019 and your pteranodon of Safari 2019 belong to? For me those two figures are the best ever made by a toy company.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2018, 08:41:00 PM
By the way Doug the safari stegosaurus then has a larger size than the triceratops, I'm glad for it I like the large figures.

On the other hand the stegosaurus, allosaurus, spinosaurus and pteranodon when will they be available in online stores in America and Europe? I am very interested in the four figures of Safari especially when they are the only dinosaur novelties of 2019 of that brand that I need.

Is it true that it may take time to reach Europe until March 2019? Urzeitshop (Miron) told me that they would be available to us until that date.

By the way, what species does your allosaurus of Safari 2019 and your pteranodon of Safari 2019 belong to? For me those two figures are the best ever made by a toy company.

The Stegosaurus is a little longer and taller but like I mentioned the Triceratops is bulkier.

The stores would know better I don't really know when they are due out. When I finish one assignment I just move on to the next.

They are Allosaurus fragilis and Pteranodon longiceps

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 18, 2018, 05:36:22 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 17, 2018, 08:41:00 PM

The Stegosaurus is a little longer and taller but like I mentioned the Triceratops is bulkier.

The stores would know better I don't really know when they are due out. When I finish one assignment I just move on to the next.

They are Allosaurus fragilis and Pteranodon longiceps

Thanks for the clarification Doug. You are an open encyclopedia.

Jorge Mario

Cómo se pronuncia
Mr. Watson, the 9 safari figures ltd. by 2020 they are of his creation, if so congratulations again surprise us with beautiful prehistoric sculptures.

Shonisaurus

If so, as Jorge Marío comments, I celebrate that Doug Watson has done those nine luxury beauties of toys / sculptures of Safari. He misses this year prehistoric mammals and ceraptosides two of the preferred prehistoric animals but honestly Edmontonia, pachycephalosaurus and sarcosuchus for their genius for putting three examples have eclipsed all my suggestions and wishes. My congratulations Doug Watson has always done a quality work of 10 out of 10.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Jorge Mario on October 02, 2019, 05:20:48 PM
Cómo se pronuncia
Mr. Watson, the 9 safari figures ltd. by 2020 they are of his creation, if so congratulations again surprise us with beautiful prehistoric sculptures.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 02, 2019, 08:35:18 PM
If so, as Jorge Marío comments, I celebrate that Doug Watson has done those nine luxury beauties of toys / sculptures of Safari. He misses this year prehistoric mammals and ceraptosides two of the preferred prehistoric animals but honestly Edmontonia, pachycephalosaurus and sarcosuchus for their genius for putting three examples have eclipsed all my suggestions and wishes. My congratulations Doug Watson has always done a quality work of 10 out of 10.

Thank you both yes they are mine and when I get a chance I'll add photos of the originals here.

Faelrin

Ah so you've done all of them this year too? They certainly fantastic looking. I think the Deinonychus is easily my favorite though. How I've been longing for an accurate one, and I'll soon be able to get my hands on it. I certainly am eager to add the others to my collection too of course.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

I'm very glad you show us the original sculpts, because my velociraptor has come with an strange position of tail and left foot and now I know how it should be like, I'll try to fix it with hot water.

Over all, I would like to congratulate you about your accurate and wonderful sculpts, I only collect one figure per species and most of my newest adquisitions are your models. The original sculps are so nice to look at because you can focus in every detail of them. I even made my final decisions after having a look at them.

If you have any influence in next models, please I would like to take in account some classic forgotten dinos as Hypsilophodon, ornitholestes, Heterodontosaurus and Tenontosaurus (I can't believe there aren't any models!  :-[), and very known Ouranosaurus, Maiasaura, Camptosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus ... and the wonderful Torosaurus and Kentrosaurus would be so nice as you did Triceratops and Stegosaurus.

My congratulations for your scientific research and amazing quality work and 2020 figures which I will surely buy 8 of them (the others I don't collect). ;)

Shonisaurus

You can be assured, Doug, that I will buy all your Safari news over the next year for economic reasons, I will not be able to buy all your figures at once. You are for me the best paleoartist of prehistoric toy animals of the moment.  :)

Stegotyranno420

Hi avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson, i really love your sculpts so much! But i want to know who made the  2017 giganotosaurs, and do you have a prototype images of it.

Takama

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 28, 2019, 09:05:39 PM
Hi avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson, i really love your sculpts so much! But i want to know who made the  2017 giganotosaurs, and do you have a prototype images of it.

He does not know who made the other 2017 models, and if he did, he would not be allowed to reveal his/her name.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Takama on December 28, 2019, 09:20:14 PM

He does not know who made the other 2017 models, and if he did, he would not be allowed to reveal his/her name.
oh. sorry. :-[

Takama

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 28, 2019, 09:39:15 PM

Hey   No need to Apologize     

A lot of people were wondering who sculpted The Giganotosaurus( and other non Doug Watson models) back in 2017 as well. But to this day, I dont think we will ever know unless, he/she comes out and say somthing :)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Takama on December 29, 2019, 12:33:45 AM

A lot of people were wondering who sculpted The Giganotosaurus( and other non Doug Watson models) back in 2017 as well. But to this day, I dont think we will ever know unless, he/she comes out and say somthing :)
Yep. However someone told it was Forest Rogers, the person who made most Carnegie figures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 29, 2019, 12:54:03 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 29, 2019, 12:33:45 AM

Yep. However someone told it was Forest Rogers, the person who made most Carnegie figures

I'd like to check that source as they don't quite fit her previous styles. Also there might have existed a legal issue if I recall at the time.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: