You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What three theropods should SafariLTD make?

Started by Takama, June 01, 2015, 10:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What three theropods should SafariLTD make?

Alioramus
5 (8.5%)
Achillobator
3 (5.1%)
Appalachiosaurus
4 (6.8%)
Allosaurus remake
4 (6.8%)
Concavenator
1 (1.7%)
Caudipteryx
0 (0%)
Coelophysis
17 (28.8%)
Compsognathus
8 (13.6%)
Dilong
0 (0%)
Daspletosaurus
5 (8.5%)
Dryptosaurus
2 (3.4%)
Deinocheirus
16 (27.1%)
Gorgosaurus Remake
5 (8.5%)
Gallimimus
12 (20.3%)
Giganotosaurus
6 (10.2%)
Huaxiagnathus
0 (0%)
Herrerasaurus
9 (15.3%)
Ostafrikasaurus
5 (8.5%)
Ornithomimus
8 (13.6%)
Sinornithosaurus
1 (1.7%)
Spinosaurus
5 (8.5%)
Struthiomimus
6 (10.2%)
Tarbosaurus
6 (10.2%)
Torvosaurus
11 (18.6%)
Utahraptor Remake
5 (8.5%)
Velociraptor remake
5 (8.5%)
Yangchuanosaurus
4 (6.8%)
Yi qi
20 (33.9%)
Acrocanthosaurus Remake
3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Takama

Ok So i made a thread asking about what Dinosaurs Safari Ltd should make.  I been watching the thread, and i got a full list of Theropods that i think we should stop suggesting them and start voting which three we want to see the most from them. After all results are exhausted i will show this thread to Safari Ltd on Facebook.  I will open other polls for other creatures once i get a significant amount to be voted in the Suggestions thread.

Raptoress

Ever since I first heard about them in Dinosaur Train (lol), I've always wanted to see a model of a Yangchuanosaurus. I voted for that.

amargasaurus cazaui

I had thought I suggested acrocanthosaurus ....maybe I am missing it here?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Tallin

I'm still waiting faithfully for a good Coelophysis...give the triassic more love ~

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 01, 2015, 10:58:18 PM
I had thought I suggested acrocanthosaurus ....maybe I am missing it here?

Added to the list.    But for now, no more can be added.  Its quite a list. I plan on doing this next year as well, and whatever does not get the highest votes will be carried over to the next year.

Gwangi

I voted Tarbosaurus, Herrarasaurus and Coelophysis. We really need a good Coelophysis on the market so that would be my #1 choice.

Quote from: Raptoress on June 01, 2015, 10:56:53 PM
Ever since I first heard about them in Dinosaur Train (lol), I've always wanted to see a model of a Yangchuanosaurus. I voted for that.

Have you seen this one?

suspsy

I ended up going with Tarbosaurus, Deinocheirus, and Ornithomimus. Although I suspect the latter might end up requiring a base in order to remain standing. Or you know, be in a tripod stance.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoLord

I'm a bit let down by the low votes for Appalachiosaurus and Dryptosaurus - where's the Appalachia love?

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoLord on June 02, 2015, 04:04:29 AM
I'm a bit let down by the low votes for Appalachiosaurus and Dryptosaurus - where's the Appalachia love?

Shoot, I was so caught up on Triassic dinosaurs I didn't even notice them on the board. They would surely take my 4th and 5th votes if I had them. As an east coaster I welcome more east-coast dinosaurs.

Halichoeres

Laramidia does get all the attention, doesn't it? I couldn't resist Coelophysis, and I desperately want an Alioramus to replace the CollectA abomination. And Yi? There must be a toy of that weirdo.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

I voted for Appalachiosaurus. It's a little more local I think.  I'd like to make a 1:1 version myself and it would be great to have a model to work from.

Takama

Relaxe Everyone, theres always next year. ;)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Arul

ZaZZU2

I'd really like to see Torvosaurus and Herrerasaurus figures.  :)

Manatee

I picked Achillobator, Deinocheirus, and Torvosaurus.

Takama

Yi qi is in the lead..   Hopefully Safari does make this Bizarrro Dinosaur

Patrx

This was a tough one! I went for Ornithomimus, Coelophysis, and Velociraptor. Ornithomimids don't get much time in the limelight, and they're especially interesting now that we know the adults had full wings. Coelophysis is an iconic little dinosaur without much representation, and I've yet to see a really good model of Velociraptor.

Yi qi is a fascinating taxon, so I wouldn't mind seeing a good toy version. It seems like more of a CollectA choice, though.

Sim

It's going to be really hard to pick just 3...  There's so many of these I'd like to see!  I'll decide on which 3 to vote for when I have a bit more time.  Takama, since you're listing which would be remakes, Spinosaurus would be one too.  This is the current Safari Spinosaurus: http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/10/12/spinosaurus-safari-ltd/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: