You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

I don't know if these have been already posted, but apparently David Silva himself reviewed the Microraptor and Mononykus sets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6khCvwDOOlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cko-XZhz8OU

Runan

Quick pic of one of my build-a-raptors after I played around with it for a bit:

ImADinosaurRARR

QuoteQuick pic of one of my build-a-raptors after I played around with it for a bit:

Make sure to post when you paint it!!!!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Reptilia on January 18, 2018, 02:20:27 AM
I don't know if these have been already posted, but apparently David Silva himself reviewed the Microraptor and Mononykus sets

:D Hurra! I'm so glad I ordered the accessory pack with Mononykus. This one looks especially appealing to me.

LeapingLaelaps

Noooooo, the delivery date for my stuff changed from Tuesday to Wednesday :'(
At least I can look at everyone else's stuff in the meantime I suppose

Sim

Quote from: Rhamphorhynchus on January 18, 2018, 04:26:19 PM

And you don't have to wait around two more months to receive any of the figures, unlike people with international orders.

Faelrin

I'm going to guess the weather could be delaying shipping. I can only hope the people delivering this stuff are staying safe in these kinds of conditions.

So I checked again today, and I noticed FedEx is transferring it for USPS to deliver it. I wasn't aware that they do that, but in any case it said it was in transit since about 7am, and it is after 1pm now. Looks like my estimate for tonight or tomorrow is still on. I moved all my Safari Ltd figures a bit over last night to make room for these, and for the other raptors when they come. It will come when it comes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Runan

Here's a few more pics--they quality's pretty bad, sorry about that--I'd take more/better ones but I'm still sick.  I switched heads on two of the black chicks, too:

These pics do NOT do the figures justice, but I figured it was better than nothing...

Abbinormally

Thank you for sharing Runan! Those baby raptors are adorable and I cant wait to get mine. Do the heads swap fairly easily?

Runan

Yeah, the heads are ball jointed and aren't too hard to swap.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 18, 2018, 04:35:50 PM

And you don't have to wait around two more months to receive any of the figures, unlike people with international orders.

*glares at you from Australia*
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Sim

Quote from: Brontozaurus on January 18, 2018, 11:46:38 PM

Um, I'm one of those with an international order, I'm in the UK.  So I understand and share your feeling about having to wait much longer for these figures than those in the US! :)

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Sim on January 19, 2018, 12:21:27 AM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on January 18, 2018, 11:46:38 PM

Um, I'm one of those with an international order, I'm in the UK.  So I understand and share your feeling about having to wait much longer for these figures than those in the US! :)

*high fives you from Australia* International backers repreSENT!  ;D
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Sim

Quote from: Brontozaurus on January 19, 2018, 12:30:03 AM
*high fives you from Australia* International backers repreSENT!  ;D

*high five*  Hehe, yeah!  This makes me feel better about the longer wait for international shipping. :D

Halichoeres

And here I was grumpy that mine was taking an extra day or two because I had to move to a smaller city. Thanks for the perspective, guys  ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

I got my figures (Desert Accessory Pack, Mountain Accessory Pack, and the Amber Nestlings) this morning. Really impressed with what I have so far. The figures do feel a bit 'powdery' but I wonder if that is due to the paint and/or sealant used. Some joints were a bit tight (worse case was with the mouth on the Mononykus, but I think I get why), but they loosened up after playing around them a bit, which is probably typical for action figures. Although my Mononykus does have a warped mouth. I'm going to message David about this before taking the rest of the stuff out of the package for that set. I have taken a few comparison pics that I'll post to the comparison thread, comparing the Amber Nestlings and Mountain Accessory Pack to the bulk of my Safari Ltd collection, and some of my JW figures, with my phone, so the image quality won't be the best. I have to wait for my dad to get home with his phone to take better quality pics.

Edit: I just borrowed my mom's phone for a little bit, and got some pics for my review for the Mountain Accessory Pack, as well as few other fun pics.

Juvenile Troodon, with fern cluster and rock in snow:

The packages and stuff on display (minus the Desert Accessory Pack stuff, in case I need to return it because of the warped Mononykus jaw):
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Nice photos, Faelrin, and it's good to read your experience of the figures.  I hope you get the problem with the Mononykus resolved.

Patrx

Great photos! That little Troodon, (er, Stenonychosaurus?) looks right at home in the snow. I'm expecting the forest set with the Microraptor sometime early next week.

Runan

The mouth of my mononykus was a bit warped too, actually.

LeapingLaelaps

Great photos! That really sucks about the Mononykus though :'(
My stuff is now two hours away in my state so it might actually get here tomorrow or hopefully on Monday

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: