News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 27, 2015, 08:49:37 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 27, 2015, 08:29:10 PM
The seller was Everything Dinosaur. Waiting now for a response from them :)

I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to paint. Happened before in the past with the Papo running Tyrannosaurus ::)

Everything Dinosaur is very reasonable. You can also make a special request asking them to inspect the model for superficial flaws (stability issues?) before shipping the product.

Everythingdinosaurs know Mike and I know that he and his team are great. And most are very friendly people and super affordable. Whenever I asked them questions about Collecta, without buyer they have always responded.

Everythingdinosaur are good people.

Shadowknight1

I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to paint. Happened before in the past with the Papo running Tyrannosaurus ::)
You should've seen the beating my first Papo Allosaurus took after he decided to pull a lemming and jump off my shelf right onto my PS3.  PS3 still has paint marks on it lol
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 27, 2015, 10:19:35 PM

You should've seen the beating my first Papo Allosaurus took after he decided to pull a lemming and jump off my shelf right onto my PS3.  PS3 still has paint marks on it lol

I suppose the Allosaurus was trying to remind you to not hesitate in upgrading to PS4.

tyrantqueen

By the way, I noticed this resemblance. Guess someone at Rebor got inspired? :P

I think the spiky detailing along the ridge is most telling.

The Rebor Acrocanthosaurus does have flaws, but I don't regret buying it.

Arul

Dinomike

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2015, 08:34:59 AM
By the way, I noticed this resemblance. Guess someone at Rebor got inspired? :P

I think the spiky detailing along the ridge is most telling.

Wow! They're almost identical!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2015, 08:34:59 AM

I can't help saying: Same here! Not perfect, but VERY beautiful!

QuelQuelQuel

Jetoar

I would like to buy it, but shipping cost are really expensive  :(.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Shonisaurus

I am waiting within one or two days will be in my hands.

Shonisaurus

I just arrived and is fabulous, but my fears were confirmed legs are not symmetrical, without the support the dinosaur, as commented forum members is not kept up well.

Of course stable, but the rear leg is balanced only thanks to a hoof.

Moreover the colors are gorgeous and jaws in my figure no problems when opening.

On the other hand I also got the sauropod and theropod eggs. They are immense for some models.

Shadowknight1

WARNING!  The following pictures are poor quality images captured from a Nintendo 3DS.

Firstly, this picture shows the messed up claw on the figure obtained from BBTS.  I'm currently waiting on them so I can exchange it.

This is an updated group shot!  The JW Indominus and Allosaurus have been pushed to the back as punishment for constantly falling on their snouts...Herc is definitely eyecatching amidst the mostly brown dinosaurs!

And finally, here's a picture of Wind Hunter and Hercules together.  I leave it to you to decide whether Wind Hunter is happy or angry that there's a new big bad dino around.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Raptorqueen89

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/12087518_10156031257500648_1133786255_n.jpg?oh=3597f164b5c8085c4aa7978df6aa605b&oe=5610AB42[/img]

thought this was pretty nifty!  In regards to the base, I actually don't like it and prefer the awesome skeleton print on the bottom to be displayed sitting against or next to the Acro XD 

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur here, thanks for the kind words about our company.  We are not entirely sure which person is awaiting a response from us with regards to their Rebor Acrocanthosaurus.  Things can be a bit confusing what with forum names and different email addresses, but we only have one outstanding query against our Rebor Acrocanthosaurus sales.  We got an email from a customer concerned about paint issues, this was received at 08.17am (BST) on 30th Sept.  One of our team members replied at 9am offering to exchange the model, this customer then replied to us at 9.22am stating that they would send it back to us.  A replacement has been inspected and checked over and is currently awaiting despatch once original replica is back in our warehouse.
If customers request it, we are quite happy to open up a Rebor replica, examine all the contents and check the condition.  We can even email photographs of a model selected so that the customer can inspect it themselves prior to purchase.  It's just what we do, we are collectors and prehistoric animal fans ourselves.
If the forum member has not had a response from us, then we are very sorry.  With so much to do, things can get overlooked, but they can always email us here: Contact Everything Dinosaur and like other commentators have already stated, our response times are usually pretty good.
Hope this helps.
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 27, 2015, 08:58:03 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on September 27, 2015, 08:49:37 PM

Everything Dinosaur is very reasonable. You can also make a special request asking them to inspect the model for superficial flaws (stability issues?) before shipping the product.

Everythingdinosaurs know Mike and I know that he and his team are great. And most are very friendly people and super affordable. Whenever I asked them questions about Collecta, without buyer they have always responded.

Everythingdinosaur are good people.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 02, 2015, 02:15:43 PM
If customers request it, we are quite happy to open up a Rebor replica, examine all the contents and check the condition.  We can even email photographs of a model selected so that the customer can inspect it themselves prior to purchase.  It's just what we do, we are collectors and prehistoric animal fans ourselves.

Awesome service! I will keep this in mind for the next REBOR theropod.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Just got my Acro today and Hercules looks amazing. He has no blemishes that I saw, he stands well on his own and on the base. He hasn't fallen (knock on wood) and he holds his dinner rather well. :D I have him mixed in with my papos it looks like he's about to carry his dinner off to a quieter place. :D

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Raptorqueen89 on October 02, 2015, 08:49:45 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/12087518_10156031257500648_1133786255_n.jpg?oh=3597f164b5c8085c4aa7978df6aa605b&oe=5610AB42[/img]

thought this was pretty nifty!  In regards to the base, I actually don't like it and prefer the awesome skeleton print on the bottom to be displayed sitting against or next to the Acro XD

That works really well with those Papos!  Did they steal Acros meal?!  :P

pylraster

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 27, 2015, 12:34:41 PM
My Rebor Acro arrived with a damaged snout :(

I'll give credit where it's due, though. The reset of the paint is pretty stellar.

Of all places! But I'm sure you can easily fix that. :D

Shonisaurus

What if I've noticed is Rebor Acrocanthosaurus texture is rougher than other figures.

I remembered with regard to the plastic material of the Humboldt Schleich figures. Although the figure is beautiful and well done, this figure is exposed to multiple abrasions because it has a stable paint.

tyrantqueen

Good news, I fixed my Rebor Acro.

Just a little touch up was all that was needed, and it's perfect :) Ugly scratches are gone.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: