News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

That's much better. Do you test color matches on a throwaway figure before you touch up something like this?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 04, 2015, 06:39:31 PM
That's much better. Do you test color matches on a throwaway figure before you touch up something like this?
Thank you. Actually I didn't, I just picked the colours and went with it. I do a lot of painting in my spare time for tabletop figurines so I am confident with colour mixing :)

Takama

I can never get the right colors to fix a figure.   To me its a PITA.   But i leared from Dan LoRusso(may he Rest in piece  :'()  that there some kind of spray that can protect the paint from getting rubbed off, and also get rid of the glossyness on some figures.

Erwinonychus

Received my Acrocanthosaurus yesterday.

It has no standing issues at all (very large sweet spots), the paint job is very well done, and no flaws. I'm very happy with it.

Arul

joossa

My Acro can no longer stand. I had him on my desk, off the base, not leaning on anything, and yesterday, the had fallen over. I can longer get him to stand. I'll be trying the hair drier treatment this weekend and report back on how it goes.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: joossa on October 15, 2015, 08:23:39 PM
My Acro can no longer stand. I had him on my desk, off the base, not leaning on anything, and yesterday, the had fallen over. I can longer get him to stand. I'll be trying the hair drier treatment this weekend and report back on how it goes.

Booooo. :( Hopefully it'll fix it. Mine has been standing off the base for a couple weeks now without the prey in its mouth... I just don't trust it on the base. But for yours to not even stand at all now I imagine must be very disappointing.

DinoG

At that price it really shouldn't have this kind of problems
Run!

Rain

Quote from: DinoG on October 15, 2015, 09:58:07 PM
At that price it really shouldn't have this kind of problems

You'd think a company charging 90 bucks per figure wouldn't have issues like this but nope

Halichoeres

Quote from: joossa on October 15, 2015, 08:23:39 PM

Oh man, sorry to hear that. :(
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Arul

Wahh so sad to hear that joossa...larger feet is still not helping, it cant stand even with the base and without corpse ?

Shonisaurus

My Acrocanthosaurus Reborn will always fall prey to the ground. No further argues well that figure. Moreover I'm keeping you in your plastic base.

Otherwise the figure is beautiful.

joossa

I got home yesterday and he stood just fine on my desk again.  :-X
I'm in Southern California and we been having rapidly changing weather recently. Maybe that has to do with it. I do not have the prey in its mouth. The prey is in my Papo Allosaurus' mouth.  :)) And the base in in the box.

Regardless, that middle toe is his only support on the right foot. So, I'm going to give him the hair direr treatment to see if I can get that foot to permanently stay flatter and offer more support. I recently did something similar to a used Papo Spinosaurus that I received and it looked it it's leg was compressed by having stuff packed on top of it and as a result, could not stand at all. I used the hair drier on it and it has been standing normally for a week now.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

joossa

Used the hair drier and cold water. Seems to have worked and he's getting better support from an overall more flatter right foot.

Took him outside to take this shot. He's color scheme screams fall and Halloween. :)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Well thats good news, your acro looking good  :D

Viking Spawn

That's an awesome Halloween pic Joossa!  The colors look great!

Halichoeres

That is a very Halloween-ish figure, especially with the eye-shine and all.

Shadowknight1

Well, got my replacement Hercules today.  This one proves what I thought, the "filed down" claw on his right hand was a factory thing.  This one has a darker skin tone, almost more subdued, but his teeth and claws are better.  The only flaw on this one is a slight paint blemish on his upper lip.

EDIT: Actually, I was able to fix the paint blemish!  Very light use of a Sharpie and patting it down with my finger to get it the proper consistency and you can't even tell!  I have to say, I'm really not sure which one of these two critters I prefer!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

joossa

Thanks, guys. :)

Congrats, SK! I saw the picture of the claw on your other model and it was pretty strange looking. Glad to hear your replacement is much better overall.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

SirGrooot

Quote from: joossa on October 16, 2015, 08:12:56 PM
I got home yesterday and he stood just fine on my desk again.  :-X
I'm in Southern California and we been having rapidly changing weather recently. Maybe that has to do with it. I do not have the prey in its mouth. The prey is in my Papo Allosaurus' mouth.  :)) And the base in in the box.

Regardless, that middle toe is his only support on the right foot. So, I'm going to give him the hair direr treatment to see if I can get that foot to permanently stay flatter and offer more support. I recently did something similar to a used Papo Spinosaurus that I received and it looked it it's leg was compressed by having stuff packed on top of it and as a result, could not stand at all. I used the hair drier on it and it has been standing normally for a week now.

Could you please explain this hair drier process in detail?
I'm interested in giving my Hercules some better balance so I can have him on his base with the prey in his mouth without falling!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: