News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Dimorphodon Male and Female: "Punch" and "Judy"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 20, 2016, 05:44:36 PM

I'd bet money that the Rebor Dimorphodons will be bigger than 1/6. Other Rebor figures seem to run a little large.

The guy in the video posted by Shonisaurus measures them from 8:20 on, so everyone can already make some decisions on them fitting to their shelves or to the rest of the pterosaur fauna :D

I formyself am all in for both of them no matter the scale, they make a very nice diorama for a fair price. Just hope they are available around here soon.

DinoG

Found a corner on my shelf and Got them in my shopping basket
Run!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on January 20, 2016, 08:10:59 AM
I'm so on the fence about getting these! They do look fantastic, and they would fit just fine on my Rebor shelf, but the scale being different is sort of tugging at my OCD. Plus, it seems like they have many other sets coming that I might prefer over this one. Decisions...

Just put them on another shelf or on top of the TV :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dobber on January 20, 2016, 11:52:07 AM

I too would love to see a Quetz, I'd also really like a Pteranodon. I think a cool display peice would be it launching itself into the air like these images. I think it would be unique and still save shelf space.

http://traheripteryx.deviantart.com/art/Month-of-the-Pteranodon-518429798
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteranodon#/media/File%3AQuad_launch.jpg

Chris

We haven't had a good Pteranodon sternbergi in quite a while. Bullyland did a great job.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 20, 2016, 10:03:45 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 20, 2016, 05:44:36 PM

I'd bet money that the Rebor Dimorphodons will be bigger than 1/6. Other Rebor figures seem to run a little large.

The guy in the video posted by Shonisaurus measures them from 8:20 on, so everyone can already make some decisions on them fitting to their shelves or to the rest of the pterosaur fauna :D

I formyself am all in for both of them no matter the scale, they make a very nice diorama for a fair price. Just hope they are available around here soon.

You're right! He gives the wingspan as 24 cm, whereas the actual animal's wingspan was about 130 cm, and the length as 18 cm, when the animal is about 100 cm long. That's a bit bigger than 1:6, probably closer to 1:5 if you account for bending of any of the body parts (the reviewer measures in a straight line).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 21, 2016, 01:06:11 AM
Quote from: Dobber on January 20, 2016, 11:52:07 AM

I too would love to see a Quetz, I'd also really like a Pteranodon. I think a cool display peice would be it launching itself into the air like these images. I think it would be unique and still save shelf space.

http://traheripteryx.deviantart.com/art/Month-of-the-Pteranodon-518429798
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteranodon#/media/File%3AQuad_launch.jpg

Chris

We haven't had a good Pteranodon sternbergi in quite a while. Bullyland did a great job.

Paradoxically, the pteranodon in the toy market has become a pariah. Now other pterosaurs that thirty or twenty years ago were unthinkable sold were manufactured.

Victoria's Cantina

Punch and Judy are in stock on BBTS. Still on the fence about them even though I have them in my pile of loot ready to ship whenever I'm ready.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 26, 2016, 07:01:27 AM
Punch and Judy are in stock on BBTS. Still on the fence about them even though I have them in my pile of loot ready to ship whenever I'm ready.

Thanks for the head's up Victoria!!! 

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 26, 2016, 06:09:39 PM

Yup, of course. Let me know when you get yours and how well you like it. I showed my husband the video of them and he liked them, so I went ahead and put in the request for BBTS to ship it. I'd anticipate receiving it next week sometime.

postsaurischian

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 27, 2016, 06:19:55 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 26, 2016, 06:09:39 PM

Yup, of course. Let me know when you get yours and how well you like it. I showed my husband the video of them and he liked them, so I went ahead and put in the request for BBTS to ship it. I'd anticipate receiving it next week sometime.

I'll be doing a full photo gallery like I've done for the others.  I also need to catch up on the Rebor exclusives before they are all gone too.  Just waiting for my leg to heal more so I can get back on track.

postsaurischian

:D I just got the sitting Dimorphodon, and ...... oh yeah! It's my favourite REBOR figure so far! I love it.
       Keep following this trail, REBOR!

... a few more pics here.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 29, 2016, 09:08:43 PM
:D I just got the sitting Dimorphodon, and ...... oh yeah! It's my favourite REBOR figure so far! I love it.

You're so lucky I'm still waiting and going for long.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 29, 2016, 09:08:43 PM

Lucky!  Mine won't arrive until sometime next week!

reinier zwanink

I just got mine as well
And they are very nice indeed and a good size to
My first rebor (s) and a nice add to the collextion

Arul

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's brief review of the Rebor Dimorphodon's "Punch and Judy" plus more model pics: The "Punch and Judy Show"

We are also selling the pair as a set.

ceratopsian

I must admit I'm awfully tempted to depart from my policy of "dinosaurs only".  They do seem to be calling to me!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 30, 2016, 05:57:09 PM
I must admit I'm awfully tempted to depart from my policy of "dinosaurs only".  They do seem to be calling to me!

Lanthanotus

Mine (both) arrived today and I'm very excited about them. Detailed review for the DTB is in progress :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: