News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Dimorphodon Male and Female: "Punch" and "Judy"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 30, 2015, 03:42:48 PM
The names are pretty clever. How many non Brits know who Punch and Judy are? >:D

I dont know...then what is the meaning of the name ?

Viking Spawn

I may not be British, but the name given to them is very clever! 

The paintwork is gorgeous!  These will be another instant purchase once released!  :)

And these pics are also available on their Instagram too!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Arul on December 30, 2015, 04:49:41 PM
The names are pretty clever. How many non Brits know who Punch and Judy are? >:D

I dont know...then what is the meaning of the name ?

These are Punch and Judy.

It's traditionally performed at the seaside for children. It's pretty violent actually.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

The male dimorphodon is a beauty. Moreover it will be revealed tomorrow as the facebook page of the dimorphodon Rebor female.

Perhaps these figures the best that the company collecting Rebor been made.

I'm a big fan of Doug Watson but in my humble opinion this figure is more detailed than the dimorphodon Safari. I hope not to offend anyone.

Dilopho

I HATE Punch, the puppet. HATE HIM. HATE HATE HATE HATE. He's terrified me since I was a kid.
.."THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT!!!" Shut, up Punch!

Lanthanotus

They look like "Kasperl und Gretel", tho Kasperl usually just punches the crocodile to defend Gretel.... my Dimorphos will be renamed then, I hate puppets :D

Dobber

I do, I do!  ;) then again I'm 40 and remember seeing the puppet shows when I was a kid.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tyrantqueen

They don't do much for me. I dunno, maybe it's the dull colouration. They look nice but I kinda feel like this is a missed opportunity. They could have used it to show some sexual dimorphism. But the sculpts are near indistinguishable from each other.

Takama

Rebor  does not give a hoot anymore  . They released a photo of there next 1:6 model and guess  what?  It's a unfeatherd https://m.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/789136674546676/?type=3&source=48

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Takama on December 31, 2015, 09:25:56 AM
Rebor  does not give a hoot anymore  . They released a photo of there next 1:6 model and guess  what?  It's a unfeatherd https://m.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/789136674546676/?type=3&source=48

To my knowledge, (proto)feathers are possible on Compsognathus (IF that profile shows a Compso anyway) but not evidenced. While there are some close related featheres species at least one is has none (Juravenator).

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 31, 2015, 01:54:29 AM
They could have used it to show some sexual dimorphism. But the sculpts are near indistinguishable from each other.

True, both animals look quite the same besides some minor changes of colorization (but who's to say they weren't like this in real... /shrug), in my opinion they still make a nice diorama due to their different stance in rest and fly "mode" and they are undoubtly the most detailed pterosaur models out there to date if I didn't miss a thing.

tyrantqueen

My first thought was "yuck, more Jurassic Park pandering". But it's unfair to judge from just a silhouette.

I have to say I'm disappointed. If they had kept on with the trend they started with the Acrocanthosaurus I would have been all over their new releases.

Rain

?????? You can tell it's unfeathered from just looking at the silhouette ? Go back and look at the Dimorphodon's silhouette, you won't be able to distinguish feathers on that either. You're just making an assumption.
But with that being said if it does turn out to be feathered, it'll probably "under-feathered".

EDIT : Looks like Tyrantqueen commented at the same time as I did, so my apologies for repeating what she just said, more or less.

Shonisaurus

By the way have just been published on the facebook page of photographs dimorphodon Rebor female and are spectacular.

Moreover it differs in color with respect to male dimorphodon.

They are also published the photos on the pages of facebook minizoo

https://www.facebook.com/MiniZooToys

And urzeitshop pages:

https://es-es.facebook.com/urzeitshop

stargatedalek

Even if it is unfeathered I'll probably get it, I've always found that particular Jurassic Park design to be especially elegant.

Dilopho

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 31, 2015, 04:07:52 PM
Even if it is unfeathered I'll probably get it, I've always found that particular Jurassic Park design to be especially elegant.
Hear, hear. Plus, it's probably the closest we'll get to having a life-size baby compie.

Viking Spawn

Feathers or no feathers, to me its simply Paleo art.  And that's how I viewed them from the beginning as with most toys.  As long as they look beautiful on my shelf, I'm happy with that.  As far as scientific accuracy, if it happens, it is a plus.  Or I'll just go out and buy skeleton replicas or actual fossils themselves.

The Compie appears cool and all....  But darn it!  Where's the Allosaurus or King Trident?!  Enough of the dino babies, hatchlings, or smaller creatures, I want the BIG GUNS already!!!!   

Halichoeres

I really like how these two turned out. The dimorphism is understated, more like a lineated woodpecker:

less like a mandarin duck

And the proportions all look really good. Metacarpals are relatively short, as are the wings and tail. Definitely going to get both of these.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

joossa

First post updated with all new info and photos.

Some updated notes:
-The rod that will hold up the female will not be clear as originally speculated. It is steel.
-The prehistoric lizard prey item is removable from the base.
-The female will be slightly smaller than the male.
-Rebor's ETA is late January, 2016.

They make a nice display. I won't be getting these since I don't collect pterosaurs. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and reviews after people get their hands on them.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Lol so they are puppets. I love the male dimorphodon maybe i will buy it, but first i have to know the size first

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: