News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Dimorphodon Male and Female: "Punch" and "Judy"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Victoria B on September 12, 2016, 03:30:07 AM
I noticed that Judy's metal rod is starting to rust. The same is happening to a lesser degree on Wind Hunter. Is anyone else experiencing this?

MY God what trash is this rod made of?    I hate Rust,  (its a phobia of mine), and this just gives me another reason to not take interest in there figurines.   Is anyone thinking at Rebor when they make there models?

tyrantqueen

These are nice looking figures, but I hate how the jaw seam sticks out.

Victoria's Cantina

I really don't get why they didn't just go with a clear polycarbonate rod. It might be more fragile, but it wouldn't rust and would be nearly invisible.

Flaffy

I was always hesitant about purchasing Rebor products.
First off I don't like their childish attitude as shown before on the forum and their facebook. They don't take criticism well.
Secondly, I don't like their style, it makes the creatures look unnatural and monstrous.
Thirdly, quality control. I don't want to spend so much money on a figure that can't even stand up.
Finally, what they claim as accurate is not all that accurate.

Rain

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 12, 2016, 08:10:18 AM
I was always hesitant about purchasing Rebor products.
First off I don't like their childish attitude as shown before on the forum and their facebook. They don't take criticism well.
Secondly, I don't like their style, it makes the creatures look unnatural and monstrous.
Thirdly, quality control. I don't want to spend so much money on a figure that can't even stand up.
Finally, what they claim as accurate is not all that accurate.

At first I didn't mind but lately I've also been a bit put off by their attitude.
Quality control isn't really an issue with Rebor though. Warping issues are different from quality control issues. Warping usually happens after the figure leaves the factory.

Bucklander

I'm ambiguous about Rebor. I've bought T rex, Yutyrannus, Ceratosaurus, Utah raptor, Dimorphodon pair, Compy and D fly, and Acrocanthosaurus, so I feel I can criticize without that criticism being simple, unhelpful and belligerent and unconstructive bashing. I want to support them, really I do. But though I find their figures aesthetically appealing (I'll forgive the inaccuracies for stylistic license) I find it hard to forgive the stability issues with such expensive figures. I have resorted to the extreme solution. My Acro, Yut and Cerato have all had to be permanently glued to their bases because I just got so sick of them falling over.

For what it's worth, I think their hatchling products are total rubbish, a complete waste of time and resources and I'll never buy one. Heck, I wouldn't accept one if it were given to me. But I look forward to their Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, Stegosaurus and Triceratops adult, should they ever get off their pimply arses and actually make them! I'll probably end up buying their Deinonychus trio (assuming they ever release that too!) and the 2 corpses and I love the idea of the T rex embryo (though I think the Mosasaurus skeleton looks like amateurish doodling - I'll pass on that heap of crap).

Like so many people, I feel a great sense of grief for an almost was, could have been fabulous line. If only they would LISTEN! Sadly, I suspect they will go under, while companies like PNSO will rapidly rise to fill the niche that Rebor originally saw themselves as occupying.

Arrogant, Ignorant, could have been Magnificent, but ultimately, Fatally Deficient!

Rebor R.I.P. ??? I hope not, but if they don't stop being such precious, know it all, full of themselves wankers, alas, that is what I suspect we shall all, shortly be saying. Please Rebor, get off your high horse!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Bucklander on September 12, 2016, 01:47:29 PM
I'm ambiguous about Rebor. I've bought T rex, Yutyrannus, Ceratosaurus, Utah raptor, Dimorphodon pair, Compy and D fly, and Acrocanthosaurus, so I feel I can criticize without that criticism being simple, unhelpful and belligerent and unconstructive bashing. I want to support them, really I do. But though I find their figures aesthetically appealing (I'll forgive the inaccuracies for stylistic license) I find it hard to forgive the stability issues with such expensive figures. I have resorted to the extreme solution. My Acro, Yut and Cerato have all had to be permanently glued to their bases because I just got so sick of them falling over.

For what it's worth, I think their hatchling products are total rubbish, a complete waste of time and resources and I'll never buy one. Heck, I wouldn't accept one if it were given to me. But I look forward to their Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, Stegosaurus and Triceratops adult, should they ever get off their pimply arses and actually make them! I'll probably end up buying their Deinonychus trio (assuming they ever release that too!) and the 2 corpses and I love the idea of the T rex embryo (though I think the Mosasaurus skeleton looks like amateurish doodling - I'll pass on that heap of crap).

Like so many people, I feel a great sense of grief for an almost was, could have been fabulous line. If only they would LISTEN! Sadly, I suspect they will go under, while companies like PNSO will rapidly rise to fill the niche that Rebor originally saw themselves as occupying.

Arrogant, Ignorant, could have been Magnificent, but ultimately, Fatally Deficient!

Rebor R.I.P. ??? I hope not, but if they don't stop being such precious, know it all, full of themselves wankers, alas, that is what I suspect we shall all, shortly be saying. Please Rebor, get off your high horse!

I pretty much agree with everything you said. The drama is so unnecessary. They need to be more like PNSO, who keep their mouths shut and let their products do the talking 8)

Silvanusaurus

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nanuqsaurus

tyrantqueen

Dilopho

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2016, 08:14:41 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 12, 2016, 08:11:31 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on September 12, 2016, 08:10:06 PM
Don't you mean rebirth?

A reborth!

A rebarf.
Maybe they'll do Rebetter given the chance...
no probably not. They Reblew it right at the start for me with the awful costumer service.
They came to this forum like, "Sound the fanfare! Look at our BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING, EXTREME QUALITY AND MUSEUM STANDARD YUTYRANNUS!"
But when members said it wasn't museum accurate the PR guy went off it. Now all they do is complain on facebook about people. The models are great but they don't seem to care about the models or customers very much..

CityRaptor

Also when they ordered their facebook followers to do something about the 2.5 star rating of their Ceratosaurus....

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2016, 08:14:41 PM
A rebarf.

That sounds disgusting.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Victoria's Cantina

If you guys think Rebor is bad when it comes to customer relations you should check out Neca on social media. They routinely attack customers and other companies.

Interestingly, Rebor has been pretty quiet on Facebook lately.

I agree that their PR is awful, but for some reason I keep buying a lot of their stuff. I really liked Winston and the Compys.

Takama

Quote from: Victoria B on September 12, 2016, 10:57:49 PM
If you guys think Rebor is bad when it comes to customer relations you should check out Neca on social media. They routinely attack customers and other companies.

I agree that their PR is awful, but for some reason I keep buying a lot of their stuff. I really liked Winston and the Compys.

THANK YOU, someone who actually believes me (now will you take that Neca Bashing video on YOUTUBE Seriously People http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4901.0)

And Neca is one of the company's that Rebor looks up to. And i imagine they get there customer relationships lessons from them.  Though to be fair, one of Necas Sculptors actually cares about there customers and is even made dinosaurs that are 100 times better the Rebors(i think you ALL know who im talking about)

Silvanusaurus

Don't you mean rebirth?

That's much better... why did I not see it?

Seriously though, it occurs to me that Rebor only have themselves to blame for their problems, yet they haven't got the integrity to own up to it, and would rather act like it's their customers who are the ones at fault.
The least they could do is show a little humility, and if they want respect, they should spend some time actually earning it, instead of putting out half-hearted Jurassic Park immitations, or flacid, amateurish asides that can't boast much more authenticity than your common or garden variety Schleich.

Dobber

Quote from: Takama on September 13, 2016, 12:31:48 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on September 12, 2016, 10:57:49 PM

THANK YOU, someone who actually believes me (now will you take that Neca Bashing video on YOUTUBE Seriously People http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4901.0)

And Neca is one of the company's that Rebor looks up to. And i imagine they get there customer relationships lessons from them.  Though to be fair, one of Necas Sculptors actually cares about there customers and is even made dinosaurs that are 100 times better the Rebors(i think you ALL know who im talking about)

Oh yes I do! He is getting a LOT of my money too. ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 13, 2016, 12:40:46 AM
Don't you mean rebirth?

That's much better... why did I not see it?

Seriously though, it occurs to me that Rebor only have themselves to blame for their problems, yet they haven't got the integrity to own up to it, and would rather act like it's their customers who are the ones at fault.
The least they could do is show a little humility, and if they want respect, they should spend some time actually earning it, instead of putting out half-hearted Jurassic Park immitations, or flacid, amateurish asides that can't boast much more authenticity than your common or garden variety Schleich.

A wise man once said "I don't blame people for their mistakes. But I do ask that they pay for them."

I don't think Rebor realizes how far a little bit of humility and an effort to do better with their customers would go. Admittedly, I don't believe they've been as bad in recent months, but when they post, you can often sense that air of arrogance and pride. If they want to make magnets and stuff people aren't asking for then fine... that's their prerogative. Just don't insult the people who are helping to keep your company going. Own up to your missteps and try to win the trust of your lost customers once again. I know quite a few people who refuse to buy any further Rebor product after that Facebook incident in February. Probably a slight rebranding with new people leading their PR would be the best step at this point.

Takama

Why are we saying this here when we ALL know it will fall on depth ears. They never will visit this forum again due to there arrogance. (Yet even if someone did TRY to make a stand on there Facebook, they will get there rear ends handed to them by there Rabid fans who prove to be more vicious then they are. and eventually they will get blocked, and there comment will be removed because again, Rebors PR is ran by an Arrogant (Censored) who might take advice from the worst people possible in the toy industry).

I think this should be moved to the Rebor General Discussion thread

Victoria's Cantina

Agreed. And sadly, some of these companies have fans who are so... passionate, to put it nicely... that they will do all the company's work for them. Matt's Neca video that you shared... I'm not sure if you saw the backlash it got on Twitter from staunch Neca fans who were willing to defend them at every corner. But that's the sort of thing that happens with these smaller companies for some reason. They develop a cult following that refuses to see the fault in anything they do.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: