News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow Ceratosaurus

Started by Takama, September 04, 2015, 02:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Another Wallet Busting Statue by the Hi Class folks over at Sideshow

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

tyrantqueen

Beautiful. Best part is it's 100% fungus free >:D

Rain

Hmm, not sure why but this one just isn't appealing to me.. Odd, every statue they've made thus far has shouted ''BUY ME"(other than the original JP one of course). Not this one though, IDK. The pose looks great though, very predatory. I'm sure everyone else will love it.

profnik

:o oh I saw it on facebook for das dinosaurs. :/ but im not I coud get it but it's very expansive

Paleogene Pals

Hmmm, does that mean more new things are on the way?

John

MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Rain on September 04, 2015, 02:40:40 AM
Hmm, not sure why but this one just isn't appealing to me.. Odd, every statue they've made thus far has shouted ''BUY ME"(other than the original JP one of course). Not this one though, IDK. The pose looks great though, very predatory. I'm sure everyone else will love it.

Ceratosaurus is one of those dinos that looks good from certain angles, not as much from others..but it's still a classic species.

My only complaint is I sort of wish it was sculpted with it's mouth closed instead. Like the one by S. Foulkes.

I had a hunch this one was coming too..it was mentioned awhile back this was a favorite species of the artists involved with the line. Maybe it will form part of a dio? Running from an Allosaurus would be great. It could also be in scale with the Stegosaurus. I'm pretty curious to see what the exclusive is as well.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

John

I noticed that the Sideshow Stegosaurus seems to be disturbed and in a defensive position with it being reared up like it is as if there is a large predator too near.I wouldn't be surprised if the new Ceratosaurus turns out to be that predator. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on September 04, 2015, 07:42:07 AM
I noticed that the Sideshow Stegosaurus seems to be disturbed and in a defensive position with it being reared up like it is as if there is a large predator too near.I wouldn't be surprised if the new Ceratosaurus turns out to be that predator. :)

That's a possibility. I had heard awhile back the Stego would a similar scaled Torvosaurus with it though that could have changed.

We also have the exclusive piece which I do hope isn't a skull as I've liked the other pieces more that help expand the story. Could be another baby Stegosaurus..this time fleeing?

If it is meant to go with the Stego it will be pretty large..

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 04, 2015, 08:02:36 AM
Quote from: John on September 04, 2015, 07:42:07 AM

That's a possibility. I had heard awhile back the Stego would a similar scaled Torvosaurus with it though that could have changed.

We also have the exclusive piece which I do hope isn't a skull as I've liked the other pieces more that help expand the story. Could be another baby Stegosaurus..this time fleeing?

If it is meant to go with the Stego it will be pretty large..
Ceratosaurus was the main antagonist of the storyline on the box for the Stegosaurus.But it was also in the story for the Apatosaurus too,so it may well be stand-alone with a skull as the exclusive piece. :)

MLMjp

It´s a bit ugly but at the same time beautiful :D
Aaaahhhh money.....Will you ever allow me to get one of this?
By the way, red and cream colors, where I had seen this before? "cof"cof"JPIII"cof"cof"

Concavenator

Shouldn't Ceratosaurus have 4-fingered hands? Still,it looks awesome,and my favorite Ceratosaurus model.As is the case with all Sideshows I won't (be able to) have this.

MLMjp

Quote from: Concavenator on September 04, 2015, 11:19:17 AM
Shouldn't Ceratosaurus have 4-fingered hands? Still,it looks awesome,and my favorite Ceratosaurus model.As is the case with all Sideshows I won't (be able to) have this.
I think the forth finger is hidden by the other digits, remember that it is the smaller of the four

Concavenator

Quote from: MLMjp on September 04, 2015, 11:30:22 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on September 04, 2015, 11:19:17 AM
I think the forth finger is hidden by the other digits, remember that it is the smaller of the four
Oh,yes,I can see it now! Thanks  :)

Dobber

Glad to see the line is continuing. I was concerned the Trike was the last.

As for this, I'll need to see more pictures and price before I decide. 2 things that do concern me from the 1 picture:
1) the pose looks very similar to the recent T-Rex
2) if the paint scheme is complex and beautiful on the prototype, it's just one more peice that'll look like crap in production.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Rain

Quote from: Takama on September 04, 2015, 02:14:02 AM
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Another Wallet Busting Statue by the Hi Class folks over at Sideshow

Well, I narrowed down one thing that was bugging me about this statue..The paint scheme! Well, I think I'll be skipping out on this one, unless it gets more flattering from a different angle

Dilopho

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 04, 2015, 02:32:00 AM
Beautiful. Best part is it's 100% fungus free >:D
Huh? Have the other ones had fungus on them?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: