News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Collection by Safari Ltd

Started by Takama, May 08, 2012, 04:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

Takama

Well I got Curious about what was to come after 2015 should the Line continue and the only thing i found out  is that Forrest Rogers was in the middle of doing a Brand New Apatosaurus.

So those of you who were sick of Theropods could of got your change of pace.    It is sad that the line did not continue.

As for what was to come in the future, Mrs Rogers said that she had no clue at that time.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Takama on March 02, 2016, 01:41:07 AM
Well I got Curious about what was to come after 2015 should the Line continue and the only thing i found out  is that Forrest Rogers was in the middle of doing a Brand New Apatosaurus.

So those of you who were sick of Theropods could of got your change of pace.    It is sad that the line did not continue.

As for what was to come in the future, Mrs Rogers said that she had no clue at that time.

That's very unfortunate. It looks like we were going to get re-sculpts of the staples after all. I hope the figure eventually sees the light of day even if its unlikely.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Sim

I used to really like the Carnegie Collection, but over time it became a line that destroyed the interest I had in it.  So, I'm sad because of what the line became and that I'm not sad it ended.  Finding out about how Carnegie wanted Safari to end its prehistoric Wild Safari line, and that it had previously made Safari retire most of its prehistoric mammals, is one more reason I'm not sad the Carnegie Collection didn't continue.  I sympathise with those who wanted the line to continue and are sad it ended though.

Regarding a new Apatosaurus being planned, my thoughts have been: "Oh, wow!"  "Would it have been 1:50 scale like the new Brachiosaurus, annoying people due to the smaller scale again?"  "They recently re-made the Brachiosaurus and a little earlier the Diplodocus, why would they make a new Apatosaurus before Stegosaurus, or Parasaurolophus, or a plesiosaur, or a pterosaur, or Allosaurus since Apatosaurus and Diplodocus are quite similar?"

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on March 02, 2016, 02:06:06 AM
That's very unfortunate. It looks like we were going to get re-sculpts of the staples after all. I hope the figure eventually sees the light of day even if its unlikely.

I can't avoid noticing how sloooowly the re-sculpts were coming.  I can only imagine how long it might've taken for the staples that really needed a new version to have received one.  I wonder if now that Carnegie is no longer partners with Safari the Carnegie Collection will continue without Safari?

terrorchicken

which mammals did they force WS to retire? the old Carnegie ones of the more recent Wild Safari ones?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Sim on March 03, 2016, 05:07:43 PM
I wonder if now that Carnegie is no longer partners with Safari the Carnegie Collection will continue without Safari?
They were distributed by Schleich in the past, so at least at one point they were using other options even if only for international distribution.

Quote from: terrorchicken on March 03, 2016, 05:44:14 PMwhich mammals did they force WS to retire? the old Carnegie ones of the more recent Wild Safari ones?
The new WS ones. I'm assuming that's why they are being re-released the year after their partnership with Carnegie ended.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

I highly doubt that they will partner with Schleich again. Schleich is making their own thing and not willing to share. Which also explains why the selection in the first few years of Replica Saurus was heavily inspired by Carnegie. Even more so in case of the plush animals they made in 1994.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

I suggested to Mrs. Rogers that the museum should do there own exclusive line like what Australian Age of  dinosaurs is doing.    She liked the idea, but she said it's been a while since she was last in Contact with them.

DinoLord

Huh, I wonder what will become of her Apatosaurus sculpt. I'm sure it would have been a thing of beauty.

Concavenator

Takama,can you ask her to send you photos of how the Apatosaurus is going,since it will probably never be releasedÂż

Blade-of-the-Moon

She may not be able to as it might belong to either Safari or Carnegie. Whoever paid for it.

Sim

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on March 03, 2016, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on March 03, 2016, 05:44:14 PMwhich mammals did they force WS to retire? the old Carnegie ones of the more recent Wild Safari ones?
The new WS ones. I'm assuming that's why they are being re-released the year after their partnership with Carnegie ended.

Thanks for clarifying that, Pachyrhinosaurus.  I just realised it wasn't that clear which prehistoric mammals I was referring to in my previous post!  Yes, Carnegie made Safari retire most of the Wild Safari prehistoric mammals.  More recently, Carnegie also wanted Safari to discontinue the prehistoric Wild Safari line altogether.  You can see Doug's post where he revealed this here (Reply #737): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2631.msg93160#msg93160

Gwangi

It sounds like the end of the Carnegie Collection was a good thing for Wild Safari. Wild Safari produces some of the best dinosaurs around with their most recent greatly exceeding Carnegie in quality. I'll take five models per year from Safari over a single tripod theropod from Carnegie any day. Just having those prehistoric mammals back makes the loss of the Carnegie Collection worth it. The CC only ever produced what? Three or four mammals? In all their years? Pitiful!

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Gwangi on March 03, 2016, 10:35:22 PM
It sounds like the end of the Carnegie Collection was a good thing for Wild Safari. Wild Safari produces some of the best dinosaurs around with their most recent greatly exceeding Carnegie in quality. I'll take five models per year from Safari over a single tripod theropod from Carnegie any day. Just having those prehistoric mammals back makes the loss of the Carnegie Collection worth it. The CC only ever produced what? Three or four mammals? In all their years? Pitiful!

I half agree. At least Carnegie had better paint jobs.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

CityRaptor

Maybe paintjobs will improve without the Carnegie Collection.

While I won't agree regarding the mammals, I would say that the rest of WS is definately worth it. Do we really need mammals? They are already clogging the modern animal market...especially looking at you Equus and Homo!
Oh no

terrorchicken

QuoteThanks for clarifying that, Pachyrhinosaurus.  I just realised it wasn't that clear which prehistoric mammals I was referring to in my previous post!  Yes, Carnegie made Safari retire most of the Wild Safari prehistoric mammals.  More recently, Carnegie also wanted Safari to discontinue the prehistoric Wild Safari line altogether.  You can see Doug's post where he revealed this here

thanks, that makes me more hopeful that Safari will expand their prehistoric mammal line...

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 03, 2016, 11:17:46 PM
Maybe paintjobs will improve without the Carnegie Collection.

While I won't agree regarding the mammals, I would say that the rest of WS is definately worth it. Do we really need mammals? They are already clogging the modern animal market...especially looking at you Equus and Homo!

The market has a lot of modern mammals, not a lot of extinct ones. Where prehistoric animals are concerned the market is clogged with dinosaurs, not mammals. I like my dinosaurs but I would like to see more mammals too. They are after all the spiritual successors to dinosaurs.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on March 02, 2016, 01:41:07 AM
....... only thing i found out  is that Forrest Rogers was in the middle of doing a Brand New Apatosaurus.

:o Ooohh ... I would really like to have a Brand New Apatosaurus by Forest Rogers.

amargasaurus cazaui

Not really going to enter the debate, Carnegie vs Safari and what is best, but I will still throw out, that the Sauropelta, and Nasutoceratops Doug did last year can sit with the best from Battat, Favorite, Carnegie or anyone else , and fit right in. Those two were a tour'de force for Safari .....and why Doug was a co-winner for the model of the year with that Sauropelta. Whatever it takes to get more dinosaurs like that!!!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

CityRaptor

Quote from: Gwangi on March 04, 2016, 12:24:52 AM
The market has a lot of modern mammals, not a lot of extinct ones. Where prehistoric animals are concerned the market is clogged with dinosaurs, not mammals. I like my dinosaurs but I would like to see more mammals too.

The modern animal market however is much bigger. And clogged by mammals. Thus I would like to see more non-mammals in the prehistoric animal market. 

Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: