News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horridus Collection [New Favorite soft models]

Started by Horridus, March 13, 2012, 07:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

im just wondering if it could stand properly on those two small feet.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ITewan

OF MY GOD!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! :D :D Can you please show some comparison pics?
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Horridus

Quote from: ITewan on June 21, 2012, 11:13:23 AM
Sure. Erm...what shall I compare it with? Suggestions welcome! (Unless the figure in question is tangled up in a complex way with other figures in my collection, in which case...I'll do it when I next dust the shelves.)

The new Collecta T. rex turned up today. I don't really like it. Here's an unflattering comparison...

Rear end shot:

It's basically in propotion, although it looks like they've made the lower part of the leg (ie. everything below the femur) a little too short. Probably a stability thing. Also, the head has been fudged quite badly.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Metallisuchus

tanystropheus

Quote from: Horridus on June 21, 2012, 06:43:54 PM
Sure. Erm...what shall I compare it with? Suggestions welcome!

Hey, how about a side-by-side pic with the CollectA Therizinosaurus?  :)

tanystropheus

Also, the head has been fudged quite badly.

All these CollectA theropods (e.g T-rex, Neovenator, Mapusaurus, etc.)  possess weak lower jaw musculature  :(

Meso-Cenozoic

Yep, that Rex is def fugly -- the head, especially! Like an anvil fell on it!! But, being a Rex lover, I'll probably end up getting it!  ::)

Gwangi

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 21, 2012, 07:33:26 PM
I don't like the texture, most of all.

I think the texture is what I like most, though I haven't actually felt it myself. It looks nice anyway. I'll probably skip on that one though, the head is just awful.

Takama

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 21, 2012, 11:18:21 PM

All these CollectA theropods (e.g T-rex, Neovenator, Mapusaurus, etc.)  possess weak lower jaw musculature  :(

Alright if i say in opinon that the Neovenator is there best theropod to date. (Next to the Deinechirus)

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 21, 2012, 11:14:53 PM
Sure. Erm...what shall I compare it with? Suggestions welcome!

Or how about one of the medium sized Saroupod figures.( like Safari Apatoesaurus)

OWWW MY ANKLE!!!!!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on June 21, 2012, 11:32:44 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 21, 2012, 11:18:21 PM

Alright if i say in opinon that the Neovenator is there best theropod to date. (Next to the Deinechirus)

I wasn't really including the Deinocheirus in that category. The Neovenator's deficits are slight at best---it does have a weak lower jaw, but it's barely noticeable. I like the Neovenator and will probably pick it up someday. The most obvious offenders include: T-rex, Mapusaurus and Afrovenator.

ZoPteryx

I might get that figure because of it's relatively unique pose, but it's certainly not CollectA's best this year. :-\
Besides the head defects, are the legs too short or is the pubis too long? ???

ITewan

Could you PLEASE compare with the CollectA deluxe Jobaria or Agustinia? :)

Horridus

Re Deinocheirus comparison shots.

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 21, 2012, 11:14:53 PM

Sure! Will do.

EDIT: OK, here we are!

Collecta Therizinosaurus & Deluxe Deinocheirus, Schleich rooster (Gallus gallus) and Carnegie Albertosaurus.

And one with the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus, why not.

Quote from: ITewan on June 22, 2012, 11:40:11 PM
Could you PLEASE compare with the CollectA deluxe Jobaria or Agustinia? :)

I'm afraid I don't have them...

Glad everyone agrees that the T. rex is a miss/dud/fugly. Will probably write the review tomorrow.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

ITewan

Could you please do a comparison pic with the CollectA deluxe Tyrannosaurus then? Many thanks :)

Takama

Quote from: ITewan on June 26, 2012, 08:42:00 AM
Could you please do a comparison pic with the CollectA deluxe Tyrannosaurus then? Many thanks :)
Roslaar has kinda beaten him to that punch.

Saves time for Horridus :P

ITewan

Sorry but I didn't mean the 2012 one, I meant the 2008 one ;)

Horridus

Quote from: Takama on June 26, 2012, 08:48:45 AM
Roslaar has kinda beaten him to that punch.
Except he hasn't. :P That's not the Deluxe T. rex.

Will do it at some point, my PC has finally rolled over and died...need to get that situation sorted out.
@Mhorridus

Horridus

Nothing new as such, but it did occur to me that I haven't shown off my latest innovation yet. I'm not a person to stash lots of identical JP toys...

...Why do that when I can behead them?  >:D
@Mhorridus

Takama

Quote from: Horridus on August 10, 2012, 09:47:04 PM
Nothing new as such, but it did occur to me that I haven't shown off my latest innovation yet. I'm not a person to stash lots of identical JP toys...

...Why do that when I can behead them?  >:D

as long as it is him and not his brother Rexford

Horridus

Quote from: Takama on August 10, 2012, 09:59:33 PM
as long as it is him and not his brother Rexford
Rest assured, Rexford is quite safe in his American home. (Well, safe from me, anyway.)
@Mhorridus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: