News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Yesterday was the Innocents day.Enough said  ;)

Dilopho

This might be the wrong thread, but does anyone have photos of the original papo sculpts, before they were turned into figures?

SpartanSquat

Actually they can "avoid" copyright hiding the dinosaur with another real genera. Remember Vastatosaurus from Kong as Running T-rex. Probably we will get Indominus as a Giant Albino Giganotosaurus or Giant Albino Ekrixinatosaurus with longer arms. Talking about JW, probably we will get a Brontosaurus, Dimorphodon and a Mosasaurus. This will be much better than the actual Tylosaurus.
@Dilopho: I think the blog of the sculptor appeared some photos of Allosaurus and the original tripod t-rex.

tyrantqueen

Papo doing an Indominus rex? That's nice Would've preferred a real animal though.

Kovu

It's really just a matter of time, right?

Dilopho

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 29, 2015, 03:53:36 PM
Papo doing an Indominus rex? That's nice Would've preferred a real animal though.
Tyrant Queen, we don't think this is real. It's the Indominus from the statue JW two-pack, and a repainted papo velociraptor.  ;D ;D ;D

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on December 29, 2015, 03:37:40 PM
Actually they can "avoid" copyright hiding the dinosaur with another real genera. Remember Vastatosaurus from Kong as Running T-rex. Probably we will get Indominus as a Giant Albino Giganotosaurus or Giant Albino Ekrixinatosaurus with longer arms. Talking about JW, probably we will get a Brontosaurus, Dimorphodon and a Mosasaurus. This will be much better than the actual Tylosaurus.
@Dilopho: I think the blog of the sculptor appeared some photos of Allosaurus and the original tripod t-rex.

For it would be great news one Indominus Papo made by the company. It will be a very detailed animal.

Federreptil

If Papo would do an Indominus Rex – it would be consequent. Because most of the Papo sculpts looks to me as the better JP/JW franchise you can get. Most of the Papos would be always fine looking movie-monsters. And often I think the spectacular look is more evident than scientific accuracy. At present I'm looking for the perfect Allosaurus and after a longer research it isn't the walking croc of Papo. I like some sculpts of Papo very much, but their program is no inerrant religion and some species like the Tylosaurus or the coming Baryonyx are not very satisfying.

Dilopho

Quote from: Federreptil on December 29, 2015, 04:20:48 PM
If Papo would do an Indominus Rex – it would be consequent. Because most of the Papo sculpts looks to me as the better JP/JW franchise you can get. Most of the Papos would be always fine looking movie-monsters. And often I think the spectacular look is more evident than scientific accuracy. At present I'm looking for the perfect Allosaurus and after a longer research it isn't the walking croc of Papo. I like some sculpts of Papo very much, but their program is no inerrant religion and some species like the Tylosaurus or the coming Baryonyx are not very satisfying.
Have you seen the 2005 Schleich allosaurus?  That's a nice one.

Viking Spawn

Agreed.  I have pics of the Schleich Allo in my photo galleries.  However, it is my second favorite to the Papo you don't like.    Unless you wait and see what Rebor brings next year since they have one on their upcoming plate too.

Federreptil

Quote from: Dilopho on December 29, 2015, 04:32:44 PM

The Schleich Allosaurus isn't bad, but my current favorite is the Favorite one and I wait for some Shapeways prints.

Concavenator

If you haven't noticed,it's fake.On the 28th December people "troll" each other.Just like this case shows.

Dilopho

Quote from: Concavenator on December 29, 2015, 07:09:10 PM
If you haven't noticed,it's fake.On the 28th December people "troll" each other.Just like this case shows.
Why specifically the 28th?

allosaurusrock

Quote from: Federreptil on December 29, 2015, 06:06:02 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on December 29, 2015, 04:32:44 PM

The Schleich Allosaurus isn't bad, but my current favorite is the Favorite one and I wait for some Shapeways prints.

I personally love my Schleich 2012 allosaurus.
This is my signature.

Jetoar

Well friends, the Indominus is a creation of Samuel Martinez, a mexican sculptor.  This is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4JiZpHncrA
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Moodyraptor

I've never brought an official Jurassic Park toy, but I would definitely buy a Papo Indominus. 

sauroid

Quote from: Dilopho on December 29, 2015, 07:17:33 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on December 29, 2015, 07:09:10 PM
Why specifically the 28th?
because among people of Spanish background/Hispanics, it is called the "Niños Inocentes", like April Fools Day but more connected with the christmas season (the innocent baby boys under two who were murdered by order of King Herod)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

MLMjp

I have recently taken a look to my papo running T.rex´s jaw and I compared to the repaint one....I think I have bad news guys. The jaw does not seem to have been  retooled at all. The teeth look better aligned because of the perspective, if you look close you will se that the misaligned teeth are BEHIND the other teeth. That´s why it looks like it got it´s teeth fixed at first glance.

The final product might change but for now it seems like the T. rex jaw is going to stay the way it is

Dilopho

Quote from: MLMjp on December 30, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
I have recently taken a look to my papo running T.rex´s jaw and I compared to the repaint one....I think I have bad news guys. The jaw does not seem to have been  retooled at all. The teeth look better aligned because of the perspective, if you look close you will se that the misaligned teeth are BEHIND the other teeth. That´s why it looks like it got it´s teeth fixed at first glance.

The final product might change but for now it seems like the T. rex jaw is going to stay the way it is
Either you can time travel, or you're just comparing it to the stock photo?

MLMjp

Quote from: Dilopho on December 30, 2015, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on December 30, 2015, 07:57:58 PM

Either you can time travel, or you're just comparing it to the stock photo?

I compared the catalogue photo of the repaint to my own papo T.rex,  I had to play a bit with angle and perspective of my green running rex. And to my eyes it´s seems that the repaint will not have a retooled jaw.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: